Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's Castle Speculation Thread

Sakaki Yuya

How do think Twilight's new castle will look in the inside? What rooms will there be? How many? Discuss these and more about the castle here. WMG, everyone

and as with this and all my future threads, I end with this:

Otanoshimi wa kore kara da! (Here comes the fun part!)

Rainbow Rocks implied that she would be working to make the castle her own so I expect we'll see more of that!

Once Princess Twilight's through with her "renovations", the inside will be nothing but books and scrolls, but mostly books. Thousands upon thousands of books.

Edited by skbl17

Why would anybody speculate about the architecture of a fictional castle of a fictional character of a fictional show? But anyway 32 rooms, big library, and Huge throne room.

Welcome to any fandom ever, people map out the Simpsons home so why not Twilights Castle? I once mapped out and made in Minecraft Appleloosa and discovered an animation error in the background whilst doing so lol.

• Brohoof 1

Well so far we only know 2 rooms, right?

The thrones room of course, and the library:

Mane_6_and_Spike_enter_the_throne_room_S

The entrance...

Celestia_opening_the_throne_room_doors_S

891633TwilightlevitatingthestorybookEG2.

I guess the other rooms will look like these 2 ones...

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

One small detail that I almost overlooked in Rainbow Rocks - When Rarity is sitting in her chair the cutie mark symbol above her is glowing. Anyone who's seen the season 5 preview knows the signifcance of this but I still found it to be a nice adition.

I remember in season 4 Rarity was repairing some of the old castle's tapestries + there was an abandoned library.  I'd guess they might move some of this stuff into the new castle

Plus, Rarity is part owner & has a chance to remodel it.  Death itself couldn't stop her from redecorating.

It will probably have some bedrooms, a storage room, a trophy room, a kitchen, a greenhouse, an alchemy lab, an enchanter's tower, an armory, a cellar with smithy...oh wait, those are my Hearthfire houses.  Nevermind.

Twilight's Castle will have an inventing room, a chocolate room, a taffy pulling room, a whipped cream room, a room with squirrels sorting nuts, a room with Sparklevision...

I personally just hope it get´s destroyed, and Twilight rebuilds her old Treehouse again.

Seriously, it´s the ugliest architectural design if the entire show.( not really that ugly, but it´s just unfitting for the environment of ponyville; it would look much better in the crystal empire)

Which suprises me, since i generally love the design of most structures in MLP

• Brohoof 1

Twilight's Castle will have an inventing room, a chocolate room, a taffy pulling room, a whipped cream room, a room with squirrels sorting nuts, a room with Sparklevision...

That sounds more like... what's that thing...

Pinkie's castle!

post-30326-0-66168700-1422539319.jpg

Here's something interesting...

post-30326-0-10791500-1422539333_thumb.png

Why is the cutie mark on Rarity's seat glowing? Does it just glow when they're sitting on it, or does the glow indicate something else? (Maybe a generosity-related emergency is brewing somewhere in Equestria.)

Seriously, it´s the ugliest architectural design if the entire show

Yes, it is pretty ugly.

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 1

That sounds more like... what's that thing...

Pinkie's castle!

attachicon.gif4015453.jpg

Wow.  NICE.  That was clever.

(Maybe a generosity-related emergency is brewing somewhere in Equestria.)

I don't know why, but that phrase, generosity-related emergency, is just so funny!  LOL!

Why is the cutie mark on Rarity's seat glowing? Does it just glow when they're sitting on it, or does the glow indicate something else? (Maybe a generosity-related emergency is brewing somewhere in Equestria.)

Watch the season 5 preview from SDCC if you want your answer to that, just beware of spoilers

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a villain's castle? It just seems dark and gloomy there. Maybe it's just me :P

I'm guessing the rest of the castle will look just like this. Idk, the whole thing doesn't seem to suit the princess of friendship. I'm starting to miss the treehouse guys :(

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a villain's castle? It just seems dark and gloomy there. Maybe it's just me :P

I'm guessing the rest of the castle will look just like this. Idk, the whole thing doesn't seem to suit the princess of friendship. I'm starting to miss the treehouse guys :(

Considering it's made of crystal, I can imagine it getting painfully bright inside when the sunlight hits it...

It looks like the Castle of the Crystal at the end of The Dark Crystal with a darker shade. In fact, it looks so similar now that I look at it that I'm beginning to suspect that this was intentional. I dunno, maybe it's the general tree shape/being made of crystal.

post-12583-0-50165400-1422572087_thumb.jpg

My guess is that it comes complete with living quarters for Twilight and Spike. I doubt the Magic of Friendship would just leave a princess hanging.

Edited by CITRUS KING46

I don't know why, but that phrase, generosity-related emergency, is just so funny! LOL!

Ha. "If Jimmy doesn't share his cookies right now, the other ponies won't be his friend for, like, twenty minutes!"

It will probably have some bedrooms, a storage room, a trophy room, a kitchen, a greenhouse, an alchemy lab, an enchanter's tower, an armory, a cellar with smithy...oh wait, those are my Hearthfire houses.  Nevermind.

I don't see that being the rooms in it. You only need the necessities, not put pointless things in there. I know you're joking.

Edited by Candy Star

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the castle's design is interesting enough. Twilight's books will surely be located in her library as seen since I assume that her books were restored via Rainbow Power. I am sure that there will be various other rooms for the Princess to use for her study and leisure. The top might be some kind of observatory. Overall, the castle does not look very big but it seems spacious from what we've seen. It may indeed be a very good replacement for the old library.

Since they've gone to all the trouble of making such a big deal out of it I'm sure they'll just be adding rooms to it as the plot demands. I think its safe to expect anything from it really. Time will tell.

But yes, I wouldn't bat an eye if there was a change to its design.. or at least downsize it a bit. I thought Twilight liked to be modest about the whole Princess thing? Well here's a giant ominous castle towering over everypony to emphasize that. :adorkable: