Monty Oum Passed Away, he was 33 years old

The Euphonium Brony

He was an inspiration to all of us. :(

Matt's post on the site (It's down due the traffic.)

Our friend, inspiration and co-worker Monty Oum passed away yesterday afternoon at 4:34 PM surrounded by people who loved him very much. Ten days ago Monty suffered a severe allergic reaction during a simple medical procedure that left him in a coma. Although he fought bravely, his body was not able to recover. During his time in the hospital he was well cared for and never in pain at any time.

Monty is survived by his wife Sheena, his father Mony, his brothers Woody, Sey, Chivy and Neat, and his sisters Thea and Theary, as well as a countless number of fans and friends. We were so proud to be a part of his life and we will miss him greatly.

Your generosity during the hours after the public statement on Friday will help his family deal with the costs of his care and his passing. You made an incredible difference during a difficult time and we cannot thank you enough.

As for honoring Monty, we will do that in our own way. In lieu of flowers or gifts, we ask that you simply do something creative. Use your imagination to make the world a better place in any way that you can. If you know Monty like we do, then you know he would certainly be doing that if he were able to.

Monty was 33 years old.

We love you, Monty.

-Matt

Edited by The Euphonium Brony
  • Brohoof 8

I was gonna make this same thread, I've heard about it now, it really is a shocking news, he has been one of the most creative minds that the internet has ever seen, and an ispiration for every one who knew him and his works.

May he rest in peace.

• Brohoof 3

img-1796426-1-NCo0TgB.png

The internet has lost one of its finest.

The thing about death is that...well, some may say it's only a question of when it happens to you, but I disagree:  I think it's a question of what you accomplish before it comes.  I'd say Monty Oum accomplished a lot.

I think I'm going to have to dedicate something I'm working on to him.

• Brohoof 1

umbrella_RD_shoots_enemy.gif

Help the main six stop the Weather Factory Meltdown!

Click here to play:http://mlpforums.com/topic/114199-fangame-weather-factory-meltdown/

Click here to help build the game:http://mlpforums.com/topic/114399-seeking-help-for-an-epic-fangame-collaboration/

I've never even heard of the guy until now, but it sounds as though he would be someone I would have look up to.

May he rest in piece. My condolences to his beloved friends and family.

• Brohoof 1

One of the most creative and brilliantly skilled animator to ever grace across the internet. The talent he had in spades will be a major loss to the internet populace. May we all pay a moment of tribute to him and all of the great work and talent that he made and surely more that would've come but will never appear.

Edited by Nuke87654

When I saw the post today I was just...emptied I guess would be the best description for it. It was just so sudden and shocking and overwhelming. I know I speak for everybody when I say I'm really going to miss his creative talents. He really was a truly amazing person with everything that he did. We lost a good one today

• Brohoof 3

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move,
your job is to plant yourself like a tree next to the river of truth, and tell the whole world
"No, you move."

He was an amazing man. A creative mind, kind, a fantastic animator, and a role model to all potential animators. We may have lost a brilliant flame, but he sparked so many potential fires. His passion was shown through his work, and he was an inspiration. May he rest easy.

• Brohoof 2

img-24134-1-img-24134-1-Sscj1oz.png

@@The Euphonium Brony,

The name sounds familiar but can someone remind me of who this guy is?

He has created many different animations, but he is most famous for his works on Red vs. Blue and for being the creator and lead animator of RWBY. It's very sad to see such a talented young man go like this.

Sad! I'm sorry I never got to meet the guy. May he rest in peace.

6jmqD0n.png

"Theological debates are great for intellectual children since they require absolutely no facts!"

- Mary Hawking, older sister of Stepehen Hawking.

First Edd, then Kitty, and now Oum. Damn I can't take much more of this. Rest easy Monty.

Edited by HunterTSN

22d5c314-72de-42b0-842a-46e4dcf5ea37.jpg

Your very own Victorian-styling, airship-flying, super-sizing, brass-lining, quick-drying, detoxifying, low-pricing, newbie-knifing, over-driving, sometimes-hiding, unsurprising, ninja-fighting, perfect-timing, always-smiling, never-lying, best at writing, also rhyming automaton!

Being a longtime fan of RoosterTeeth, I had become familiar with Monty Oum's work. He was an integral part of their team, and he created an awesome show: RWBY. I know exactly how everyone close to him feels. I lost two of my cousins suddenly last year, and hearing this news brings back those feelings. He will be missed, but not forgotten.

1545933_995637020465889_4324875395097410

• Brohoof 2

Like, don't underestimate my power man.

img-11558-1-img-11558-1-img-11558-1-img-11558-1-img-11558-1-img-11558-1-img-11558-1-MrDSig_zps3mqythma.png

Come join us Friday nights for

Movie Night @ The CMC Clubhouse: 5pm CST.

Damn, I was really enjoying RWBY. He was definitely talented at a lot of the things he did and was a great contributor to not only Rooster Teeth, but to the internet and to animation. He was taken way too early

Rest In Peace Monty

Edited by Megas75

Currently RWBY is up in the air. Monty had planned for there to be about 5 seasons. I imagine that they may continue it in memory of him. But now is not the time to be worrying about that.

Also, RoosterTeeth Podcast in memory of Monty Oum. http://roosterteeth.com/podcast/episode.php?id=309

Like, don't underestimate my power man.

img-11558-1-img-11558-1-img-11558-1-img-11558-1-img-11558-1-img-11558-1-img-11558-1-MrDSig_zps3mqythma.png

Come join us Friday nights for

Movie Night @ The CMC Clubhouse: 5pm CST.

I only knew about Monty from the 'Dead Fantasy' series, but that alone spoke volumes about his talent and the amount of effort he put into his animations. The guy could practically work magic. It's a shame to lose such a creative mind, but I think he'll be remembered as one of the first and greatest full-blown Internet artists.

• Brohoof 1

"Human beings fascinate me

Being just the way they are..."

• 2 weeks later...

I just started RWBY, but the death still hit me hard. I hope he will rest in peace.

Have the courage to think and act on your own. And have the courage to disobey.