Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

But New Japan has four different tag team championship types, right? :confused:

I had a feeling this would be brought up. 

NJPW actually has three. The traditional tag belts are divided by weight class however. Heavyweight tag titles and jr. Heavyweight tag titles. The third set are six man tag belts. 

What difference is there between wwe's tag titles other than color?

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Oh, my mistake.

WWE sure is confusing.

11 hours ago, Penguinbrony2409 said:

The history of titles in the WWE is overly convoluted sometimes.

7 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

That's an understatement. What kind of company needs 3 different sets of tag titles?

It's like Vince Russo and M. Night Shyamalan secretly have Illuminati-like power behind the scenes.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

What difference is there between wwe's tag titles other than color?

I don't like those red or blue titles one bit. :dry:

That said, I do use them in my video games to keep things consistant. 

This is my favorite Tag Team Championship design:

TagBelt_display_image.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I have this weird fantasy when it comes certain wrestling PPV's and the venues that they take place in. 

I've imagined that if the show was beyond fantastic, I imagine that if the arena had a book or something telling the history and great moments of the arena, that that particular event would be discussed so fondly in that book or whatever. Such as:

• In Your House: Canadian Stampede would be fondly covered in a book about the Saddledome in Calgary.
  • Wrestlemania X-Seven in a book about the Houston Astrodome
  • Summerslam 2002 in a book about the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island
  • Wrestlemania XIX in a book about Safeco Field in Seattle
  • Money in the Bank 2011 among several others in a book about the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois
  • Several WWF/E events in a book about Madison Square Garden
  • Summerslam 1992 in a book about Old Wembley Stadium.
  • Wrestlemania III in a book about the Pontiac Silverdome.
  • Several wrestling events in a book about the Baltimore Arena
  • Several NWA/WCW events in a book about the Greensboro Coliseum

However if the event was just plain horrendous, I imagine that the event leaves a very horrible odor that will resonate throughout the arena for a while before it finally dissipates. Such as:

• A number of WCW 2000 PPV's leaving odors in the arenas they took place in
  • King of the Ring 1995 leaving a smell in the Philadelphia Spectrum
  • December to Dismember skunking up the James Brown Arena in Augusta, Georgia
  • The Great American Bash 1991 leaving a horrendous smell in the Baltimore Arena
  • The first two Uncensored PPV's in 1995 and 1996 leaving foul smells in the Tupelo Coliseum in Tupelo, Mississippi.

I know it's a weird fantasy but I just thought I'd share it with you.

• Brohoof 2

Here's an interesting fantasy booking scenario.

Make up a dream tag team of wrestlers with the same finisher.

Ex: Eddie Edwards and Sanada (dragon sleeper). The mohawk tribe. 

Or Chad Gable and Doug Williams (chaos theory German suplex). Allied Alphas. 

Or switchblade Jay white and edge (downward spiral). Switchblade's edge. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Make up a dream tag team of wrestlers with the same finisher.

Mikey Whipwreck & Stone Cold Steve Austin: The Whipper Stunners :P

Tyler Breeze & Christian: The Gorgeous Peeps :proud:

Roman Reigns & Edge: Controversy 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

The Company Man

I became a fan of this channel a while ago & have watched all of his videos.

I'm looking forward to what he has to say about WWE/F's name change.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Even if you hate football, you’ll love this. Dude has some serious promo skills and the Mummers costume was the cherry on top. Steve Austin would be proud. This is the most hilarious thing I’ve seen since Ric Flair and Jay Lethal went at it in a Whoo-off! :lol:

21 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Even if you hate football, you’ll love this. Dude has some serious promo skills and the Mummers costume was the cherry on top. Steve Austin would be proud. This is the most hilarious thing I’ve seen since Ric Flair and Jay Lethal went at it in a Whoo-off! :lol:

For all you non-U.S. Football fans, this is the equivalent to the ECW roster beating the authority at WrestleMania. 

Somebody send this to Jeric. 

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I feel like I'm the geekier version of "Christian" on the MLP Forums.

I have "Peeps" from all over the place & I think I'm cooler/funnier than I actually am. :lol:

PsFKnZB.gif

I just had a nice chuckle, that is accurate but I haven't talked with you enough to verify that latter part.

Anyway, Christian is so hilariously underrated it's not even a laughing matter. He was always reliable, great on the mic as a face and a heel and can deliver a good match when you never expected one to be found. I'm annoyed WWE didn't take him to the top sooner, thankfully TNA made one of the many good decisions it partook in during the mid-2000's and showed he could be 'the guy'. Hall Of Fame bound sometime soon I hope.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Vocal Analyst said:

I just had a nice chuckle, that is accurate but I haven't talked with you enough to verify that latter part.

Anyway, Christian is so hilariously underrated it's not even a laughing matter. He was always reliable, great on the mic as a face and a heel and can deliver a good match when you never expected one to be found. I'm annoyed WWE didn't take him to the top sooner, thankfully TNA made one of the many good decisions it partook in during the mid-2000's and showed he could be 'the guy'. Hall Of Fame bound sometime soon I hope.

1. Thank You, My Friend. :)

2. That's true.

Christian's "Pick Your Poison" match against Edge from a Raw in Canada in 2010 is my favorite Televised match of all time &

his TNA run as Christian Cage was awesome, IMO.

I also, love the TLC/ladder matches he had teaming with Edge against The Hardy & Dudley Boyz.

Finally, I kinda give Christian credit for helping AJ Styles become more comfortable on the microphone

during his time in the "Christian Coalition".

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

1. Thank You, My Friend. :)

2. That's true.

Christian's "Pick Your Poison" match against Edge from a Raw in Canada in 2010 is my favorite Televised match of all time &

his TNA run as Christian Cage was awesome, IMO.

I also, love the TLC/ladder matches he had teaming with Edge against The Hardy & Dudley Boyz.

Finally, I kinda give Christian credit for helping AJ Styles become more comfortable on the microphone during his time in the "Christian Coalition".

His ladder match with Shelton Benjamin for the ECW Championship at TLC 2009 always seems to go under the radar in terms of quality ladder matches but it was awesome, as does his WrestleMania XX match with Chris Jericho. Overall his Peeps heel gimmick from 2003 to 2005 still showcased him at his best, and I'd agree on Styles mic work. He was never 'good' during TNA's early years, thank god he got better.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Vocal Analyst said:

as does his WrestleMania XX match with Chris Jericho. Overall his Peeps heel gimmick from 2003 to 2005 still showcased him at his best, and I'd agree on Styles mic work. He was never 'good' during TNA's early years, thank god he got better.

1. While I liked the match with Chris Jericho at WrestleMania XX, I didn't really care for the story leading up to it.

Strangely, Christian teaming up with Trish Stratus afterwards made me a Christian fan because Trish Stratus is my favorite wrestler. :P

2. Agreed. Now, AJ Styles is "The champ that runs the camp!" :D

It's official. Ivory joins the 2018 WWE HOF Class. Thus locking up the women's slot. Still no surprises yet. 

I say wait on her as there are still others more deserving who are yet to go in first like Elizabeth or Chyna.

But then again Vince still inducts who he wants when he feels like it.

Edited by BrawnyCharger
  • Brohoof 1