Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

28 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Which one?

Didn't John Cena already break Ric Flair's sixteen championship record?*

*I think Flair's won more but I mean as far as WWE is willing to recoginize.

Nope. He only tied it at the last Royal Rumble. And who cares what WWE is willing to recognize? Just because you're rich and popular doesn't make you right. 

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Which one?

Didn't John Cena already break Ric Flair's sixteen championship record?*

*I think Flair's won more but I mean as far as WWE is willing to recoginize.

Ric Flair actually has more than 20 World Championship reigns to his credit, but the WWE only recognizes 16.

• Brohoof 2

43 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

And who cares what WWE is willing to recognize? Just because you're rich and popular doesn't make you right. 

I agree.

I've just had it hammered into my head that "Ric Flair is a sixteen time World Champion." for so long that when I saw another source say he's won more than that 

I was surprised.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I agree.

I've just had it hammered into my head that "Ric Flair is a sixteen time World Champion." for so long that when I saw another source say he's won more than that 

I was surprised.

WWE wants you to think that they are the be all, end all of pro wrestleing. In reality, they are not. There are many other good pro wrestling organizations (New Japan Pro being one) that are out there.

For the record, Flair's Wikipedia states that he could have won up to 25 world championships, while Flair himself says he's a 21 time champion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ric_Flair

• Brohoof 2

52 minutes ago, Penguinbrony2409 said:

Ric Flair actually has more than 20 World Championship reigns to his credit, but the WWE only recognizes 16.

15 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I agree.

I was surprised.

WWE currently recognizes 8/12 NWA world title wins, 7/8 WCW world title wins and neither of his WCW International title wins. Throw in his 2 WWE title wins and you have a grand total of 22 world championships. So I'm not sure where the number of 25 is coming from unless there were instances of decisions being reversed after the fact. But then again, do those count? 

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

So I'm not sure where the number of 25 is coming from unless there were instances of decisions being reversed after the fact. But then again, do those count? 

WWE doesn't count Chris Jericho's "first" WWF Championship win & that was a result of a reversed decision.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I dunno. Odds makers have Cena winning the rumble so he could break Ric Flair's "record". 

The only thing worse to me than cena winning the rumble is Reigns winning the rumble.

I'm really hoping someone new wins the rumble. Nakumara, strowman, etc. Would be a lot better.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Scootaloo Is Best Filly said:

I'm really hoping someone new wins the rumble. Nakumara, strowman, etc. Would be a lot better.

Do the fans like Nakamura past his ring entrance?

That's the only thing I find entertaining about him, tbh. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 minute ago, Scootaloo Is Best Filly said:

The only thing worse to me than cena winning the rumble is Reigns winning the rumble.

To my knowledge, a champion has never won the rumble. And no one has been set up to take the IC strap off of Reigns. And I don't see any avenues for him to loose it, unless he's not in the chamber match this February. Or he just drops it nonchalant on Raw. 

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Do the fans like Nakamura past his ring entrance?

That's the only thing I find entertaining about him, tbh. 

We're all still clinging onto his work in NJPW, which is sill fantastic. He can have good matches, as evidenced with Zayn, Cena and Orton. We just need to keep him off the mic and let him cave in peoples skulls w/ knee strikes. And if he does win, then he'll have a good match with AJ. We know this, because they've done it before.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

And if he does win, then he'll have a good match with AJ. We know this, because they've done it before.

Didn't they have a staredown at Survivor Series or some other PPV?

I hope WWE is planting the seeds for a WrestleMania match between AJ Styles & Shinsuke Nakamura to make up for that Shane McMahon match from last year.

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Didn't they have a staredown at Survivor Series or some other PPV?

I hope WWE is planting the seeds for a WrestleMania match between AJ Styles & Shinsuke Nakamura to make up for that Shane McMahon match from last year.

From what I've heard, the Shane match wasn't half bad. 

And it was Money In The Bank where they stared down. Pretty much the only reason anyone talks about that match. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

From what I've heard, the Shane match wasn't half bad. 

And it was Money In The Bank where they stared down. Pretty much the only reason anyone talks about that match. 

1. I like Shane McMahon & his matches a lot but his time has passed, IMO.

2. With *so* many brand split PPV's it's difficult for me too keep track.

1. I like Shane McMahon & his matches a lot but his time has passed, IMO.

2. With *so* many brand split PPV's it's difficult for me too keep track.

It has. And even though he wasn't deserving, it was probably still a good match.

Well good news. They're bumping down the number this year 

• Brohoof 1

It has. And even though he wasn't deserving, it was probably still a good match.

Well good news. They're bumping down the number this year 

1. I watched it and I don't even remember who won match, what does that tell you?

2. Yay! Woo Hoo! :yay:

1. I watched it and I don't even remember who won match, what does that tell you?

2. Yay! Woo Hoo! :yay:

You honestly think it within the realm of possibility that Styles would've lost to Shane? 

• Brohoof 1

You honestly think it within the realm of possibility that Styles would've lost to Shane? 

I'm saying that WWE "replays" matches so many times during their weekly shows that even "Special Attractions" become forgettable to me.

I'm saying that WWE "replays" matches so many times during their weekly shows that even "Special Attractions" become forgettable to me.

Well yeah. They are 5 hours worth of new content weekly. Minimum. 

Kinda why I stopped watching. 

though I have heard that this weeks episode feat. Balor vs. Rollins II and Braun Strowman destroying everything was pretty entertaining. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Well yeah. They are 5 hours worth of new content weekly. Minimum. 

Kinda why I stopped watching. 

though I have heard that this weeks episode feat. Balor vs. Rollins II and Braun Strowman destroying everything was pretty entertaining. 

If I cared about *everyone* on the WWE's roster & not just Becky Lynch I'd keep watching the WWE's weekly shows, too.

I'm back to where I was in 2002, watching WWE for one person.

Except this time it's Becky Lynch instead of Trish Stratus.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

If I cared about *everyone* on the WWE's roster & not just Becky Lynch I'd keep watching the WWE's weekly shows, too.

I'm back to where I was in 2002, watching WWE for one person.

Except this time it's Becky Lynch instead of Trish Stratus.

Not the worst choice. though you'll be waiting a while to watch. She's off filming a movie. 

The only reason I'd watch WWE is if NXT was free weekly TV. It's pretty much ROH/PWG but with a production budget. 

• Brohoof 1

@Sparklefan1234 her strikes and kicks remind me of a female Chris Benoit.  Everyone is gonna go crazy if or when Kairi Sane appears on the main roster. 

As far as the ladies go...I definitely love Bayley/Sasha/Becky/Paige/Ruby Riott but Natalya Neidhart is my favorite.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Qrow Branwen said:

@Denim&Venom oh man are you excited for NXT Philly? It's gonna be hard to top off awesome WarGames was.

War Games was okay. But what really impressed me was Alister Black vs. Velveteen Dream. Now that will be a hard match to top. Though given the talent on that roster, there's hope. 

@Qrow Branwen

Asuka's pretty terrifying, IMO. (In a good way.)

@Denim&Venom 

Becky Lych returned to Smackdown a couple of weeks ago. 

Oh, Ricochet & War Machine both got signed to NXT. 

Past tense then. 

I heard. Richochet said his good buys at the King Of Pro-Wrestling PPV. And War Machine bowed out at New Years Dash.

I'm worried over all of them. Ricochet will win NXT gold just to get shunted to 205 live and War Machine will run roughshod over NXT, just to be split up on the main roster. There are two things McMahon hates in this world: small guys and tag teams. 

• Brohoof 1