Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

1 hour ago, Mesme Rize said:

According to the Wrestling Observer WWE has seen a spike in its value since Oct 25, 2017. Over that period the share price has increased by $7.55 resulting in the company value increasing by $582 million.

Vince McMahon's personal fortune has also seen a big increase to $1.47 billion, meaning he is richer now than almost any time in history.

It's truly astounding. the in-ring product is very meh currently and the houses at some shows are half empty. And still WWE manages to make a big profit, even making Vince richer then he was ever in his lifetime. It's crazy.

EDIT: I did look on their stock page searching on google, and it's clear it's gone way up recently.

4b1aed2a4e07810f9f298443c831c90f.png

Even more fascinating is that they are on the path to reaching their best value... EVER.

5556283de105ac05e9c90674870e99fb.png

It can't be because of their in ring product. Vince must have made a deal with the devil or something. :P

I'm going to guess it's because of merchandising, sponsors, etc.

19 minutes ago, A.V. said:

I'm going to guess it's because of merchandising, sponsors, etc.

Most likely, it seems like the in-ring product means less and less to WWE's bottom line nowadays... which sucks. I do hope around January things start to pick up, as I want to ensure my second WrestleMania in NOLA is as awesome as it can be and the build-up is worth the time.

That being said, post-Smackdown; Clash of Champions is looking pretty tasty. Should be a fun show if the matches on paper can deliver.

NJPW World Tag League is getting closer and closer to it's Finale.

Group A(1 match left for all):
EVIL and SANADA - 8 points
Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi - 8 points
Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI - 8 points
Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka - 6 points
Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens - 6 points
Juice Robinson and Sami Callihan - 6 points
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima - 4 points
Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi - 2 points

With Page and Yujiro fighting against Juice and Sami, I expect Death Juice to win, forcing Goto/YOSHI vs EVIL/SANADA to be winner enters Finals. I totally think it's EVIL/SANADA still.

Group B(1 match left unless designated):
Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano - 8 points
Beretta and Chuckie T - 8 points
Jeff Cobb and Michael Elgin - 8 points
Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa - 8 points
Hanson and Raymond Rowe - 6 points(2 matches left)
Lance Archer and Davey Boy Smith Jr - 6 points(2 matches left)
David Finlay and Katsuya Kitamura - 0 points(2 matches left)
Togi Makabe and Henare - 0 points(2 matches left)

KES might as well have 8 points since they should beat Makabe and Henare, also War Machine should beat Finlay/Kitamura. They'll force an interesting 6 way battle for first. And everyone's 2-2 against each other, with the final matches being KES vs Best Friends, War Machine vs Cobb/Elgin, and GoD vs Ishii/Yano. I can't predict this, but I still give KES the edge, which would mean Cobb/Elgin and Ishii/Yano would win their matches. But I could be wrong.

On December 6, 2017 at 7:49 AM, Mesme Rize said:

According to the Wrestling Observer WWE has seen a spike in its value since Oct 25, 2017. Over that period the share price has increased by $7.55 resulting in the company value increasing by $582 million.

Vince McMahon's personal fortune has also seen a big increase to $1.47 billion, meaning he is richer now than almost any time in history.

It's truly astounding. the in-ring product is very meh currently and the houses at some shows are half empty. And still WWE manages to make a big profit, even making Vince richer then he was ever in his lifetime. It's crazy.

EDIT: I did look on their stock page searching on google, and it's clear it's gone way up recently.

4b1aed2a4e07810f9f298443c831c90f.png

Even more fascinating is that they are on the path to reaching their best value... EVER.

5556283de105ac05e9c90674870e99fb.png

It can't be because of their in ring product. Vince must have made a deal with the devil or something. :P

Justin Bieber, Micheal bay and the emoji movie are proof enough that bad ideas can generate good money.

NJPW World Tag League Spoilers 

Spoiler

I was both expecting & not expecting Chris Jericho to show up at the World Tag League Finals &

what I managed to see of their segment was pretty awesome.

One question though, who is supposed to be the good guy in this match, Kenny Omega or Chris Jericho?

I ask because, Jericho beat up Omega to the point that he bled & then proceeded to

deliver a Codebreaker to Don Callis who had entered the ring to check on Omega.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

12 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

NJPW World Tag League Spoilers 

Hide contents

I was both expecting & not expecting Chris Jericho to show up at the World Tag League Finals &

what I managed to see of their segment was pretty awesome.

One question though, who is supposed to be the good guy in this match, Kenny Omega or Chris Jericho?

I ask because, Jericho beat up Omega to the point that he bled & then proceeded to

deliver a Codebreaker to Don Callis who had entered the ring to check on Omega.

If there is a face, it'd probably be Kenny, considering Jericho is 'invading' and Omega tends to get a face reaction. There's probably no faces.

Also, watch the press conference, because it's not going to be the type of match you'd think it'd be.

ALSO I WAS RIGHT ON THE WINNERS!

Haven't watched yet as I'm still on the last 3 events, but thanks to the ever so considerate members of youtube, I've been spoilt the big suprise, though thankfully not the tag final.

Not even half a day since the event aired, and people can't keep their mouths shut. 

• Brohoof 1

Let's discuss wrestling toys and figures you either have, had, wanted, wish you had, etc. 

My favorite line was the WWF Hasbro figures. I had Big Boss Man (slim version), Undertaker, Ted Dibiase (green), Greg Valentine, Jake Roberts, Rockers, Bushwhackers.

I wish I had gotten British Bulldog, Bret Hart, Mr. Perfect, Randy Savage.

Only wrestling figures I have are a DX themed HBK classic pose arch rivals(?) 12 in. figurine and a Rey Mysterio Jr. SD v. Raw '08 series figure. Both in box. 

I am thinking of getting the recent ROH figurines though.

Edited by Denim&Venom

Since we are already in the middle of the hanukkah fetivities (or jewish christmas if you want) let me show you how one of the most famous jewish wrestlers in history is celebrating Hanukkah.

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Vocal Analyst

Is WWE 2K18 on the Nintendo Switch worse than Smackdown vs Raw 2009 on the Nintendo Wii? 

I've heard that was pretty awful, too.

The Wii didn't have the good controls or graphics (as well as content) to really compare... no wonder Nintendo systems didn't have WWE games after that.

While 2K18 is serviceable on the Switch, it's not anywhere near the XBone or PS4. The frame rate and graphical issues are quite problemati, but I'd say the Wii one was worse.

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Vocal Analyst said:

The Wii didn't have the good controls or graphics (as well as content) to really compare... no wonder Nintendo systems didn't have WWE games after that.

While 2K18 is serviceable on the Switch, it's not anywhere near the XBone or PS4. The frame rate and graphical issues are quite problemati, but I'd say the Wii one was worse.

The Switch has quite a few good games; its 2K18 port doesn't appear to be one of them.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

For those that watched the G1 final last week, you may have heard a mention of Takayamania. 

Well this is a fund raiser for Japanese legend Yoshihiro Takayama, one of two wrestlers in history to have held the the AJPW Triple Crown, NOAH GHC and IWGP world heavyweight championships. 

Related image

A 25 year veteran, Takayama survived the toughest years of Japans big 3, by being one of the legit toughest guys in pro wrestling. Any image search of him will probably show him beaten, battered and bloody after hi fight of the year against Don Frye will doing MMA for PRIDE FC. 

This is what would happen if wrestling was real. 

Sadly, the guy ain't invincible. Takayama suffered a spinal injury after a botched sunset flip back in May. It was only in August that the severity of his condition got public. And since September, Takayama's good friend, the current NEVER openweight champion Minoru Suzuki, has been working to raise funds to help aid the burden of Takayama's family. And thanks to his help, Takayamania has been established. 

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/10/31/takayamania-raising-money-for-yoshihiro-takayama/ 

From the site:

“As many know, Takayama was seriously injured in a recent match and is in a bad way. This is a man who gave it his all for our enjoyment and entertainment over the years, sometimes putting his body through absurd amounts of punishment. Now is a the time for wrestling fans to show their appreciation for all he has done for everyone and to give a little bit back to a guy who right now desperately needs it. Takayama is a member of this group, and before this happened would sometimes participate here

The drive is simple – if you can, and we know for some people this is difficult, but even $1 helps, we have a paypal address of beerman37@aol.com that we are asking people send donations to. The benefit of us doing it this way instead of donating to an outside page that may take a small percentage of the proceeds is that 100% of the money will go to Takayama directly. The only “fee” there will be is people mistakenly click the wrong way to send on paypal and they take a cut (sometimes if you send the wrong way and send me $10, in the paypal it may show up as something like $9.23 so make sure you choose the correct option).

So if you can spare even $1, please send to beerman37@aol.com. We will be in Japan from 12/30 until 1/7, and we are going to try and coordinate it to where we can hand the money directly into the hands of Minoru Suzuki, who has been handling some of the donation drives over there at some shows. We did a drive like this for Joe Doering when he was ill, and was able to give him over $2,000 (we collected over $1,000 from this group alone and Scott D’Amore matched it). We are hoping we could get that much this time which would be nice but who knows.

Money is tight for some but we hope you can find it in your hearts to help. I constantly get messages privately and on twitter about how they can donate to the Archive and I always turn it down because the Archive is and always will be free for everyone. Here is your chance to donate to something much more important than the Archive. The drive will last from today until 12/27 or so. I will then bring everything with me over to Japan and – God willing – be able to hand this directly to Suzuki or someone else to make sure it gets into the correct hands.

Wrestling fans are often looked upon by some people as neanderthals, so here is a chance to prove people wrong and show that wrestling fans are among the best fans in the world. Feel good about yourself, and donate as much or as little as you can to a guy who truly needs every bit of help he can get

Let’s do something positive! Thank you all"

So how about we show Takayama-san some love and kindness the the MLP fandom is known for. And if you want some souvenir's for the occasion, merchandise is available for the cause.  

TM-01/TAKAYAMANIA Tシャツ72507752308e3b04b52019400c78a606.jpg

And hey, the Rainmaker supports the cause, why cant you? 

TNWozX9B_hQcDU3RCA3uCk8oVI7Dk6mFWssaW0mOYYY.jpg?w=560&s=dcf5f9f77ac0367f01237f5529ffcd3e

• Brohoof 1

On 12/18/2017 at 6:44 PM, Denim&Venom said:

For those that watched the G1 final last week, you may have heard a mention of Takayamania. 

Well this is a fund raiser for Japanese legend Yoshihiro Takayama, one of two wrestlers in history to have held the the AJPW Triple Crown, NOAH GHC and IWGP world heavyweight championships. 

Related image

A 25 year veteran, Takayama survived the toughest years of Japans big 3, by being one of the legit toughest guys in pro wrestling. Any image search of him will probably show him beaten, battered and bloody after hi fight of the year against Don Frye will doing MMA for PRIDE FC. 

This is what would happen if wrestling was real. 

Sadly, the guy ain't invincible. Takayama suffered a spinal injury after a botched sunset flip back in May. It was only in August that the severity of his condition got public. And since September, Takayama's good friend, the current NEVER openweight champion Minoru Suzuki, has been working to raise funds to help aid the burden of Takayama's family. And thanks to his help, Takayamania has been established. 

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/10/31/takayamania-raising-money-for-yoshihiro-takayama/ 

From the site:

“As many know, Takayama was seriously injured in a recent match and is in a bad way. This is a man who gave it his all for our enjoyment and entertainment over the years, sometimes putting his body through absurd amounts of punishment. Now is a the time for wrestling fans to show their appreciation for all he has done for everyone and to give a little bit back to a guy who right now desperately needs it. Takayama is a member of this group, and before this happened would sometimes participate here

The drive is simple – if you can, and we know for some people this is difficult, but even $1 helps, we have a paypal address of beerman37@aol.com that we are asking people send donations to. The benefit of us doing it this way instead of donating to an outside page that may take a small percentage of the proceeds is that 100% of the money will go to Takayama directly. The only “fee” there will be is people mistakenly click the wrong way to send on paypal and they take a cut (sometimes if you send the wrong way and send me $10, in the paypal it may show up as something like $9.23 so make sure you choose the correct option).

So if you can spare even $1, please send to beerman37@aol.com. We will be in Japan from 12/30 until 1/7, and we are going to try and coordinate it to where we can hand the money directly into the hands of Minoru Suzuki, who has been handling some of the donation drives over there at some shows. We did a drive like this for Joe Doering when he was ill, and was able to give him over $2,000 (we collected over $1,000 from this group alone and Scott D’Amore matched it). We are hoping we could get that much this time which would be nice but who knows.

Money is tight for some but we hope you can find it in your hearts to help. I constantly get messages privately and on twitter about how they can donate to the Archive and I always turn it down because the Archive is and always will be free for everyone. Here is your chance to donate to something much more important than the Archive. The drive will last from today until 12/27 or so. I will then bring everything with me over to Japan and – God willing – be able to hand this directly to Suzuki or someone else to make sure it gets into the correct hands.

Wrestling fans are often looked upon by some people as neanderthals, so here is a chance to prove people wrong and show that wrestling fans are among the best fans in the world. Feel good about yourself, and donate as much or as little as you can to a guy who truly needs every bit of help he can get

Let’s do something positive! Thank you all"

So how about we show Takayama-san some love and kindness the the MLP fandom is known for. And if you want some souvenir's for the occasion, merchandise is available for the cause.  

TM-01/TAKAYAMANIA Tシャツ72507752308e3b04b52019400c78a606.jpg

And hey, the Rainmaker supports the cause, why cant you? 

TNWozX9B_hQcDU3RCA3uCk8oVI7Dk6mFWssaW0mOYYY.jpg?w=560&s=dcf5f9f77ac0367f01237f5529ffcd3e

Also note that Fire Pro World is running their own Charity Wrestling DLC for Takayamania, where all of the money made by Spike from it will go straight to the foundation.

Edited by Tommyspud
  • Brohoof 2

Watching some videos of Scurll’s matches lately, and it looks like a dark cloud is looming over him. He lost the Defiant Championship to Aries, and now, lost to Jay Lethal. Well, those are the only ones that I watched. Can’t seem to find other wrestling matches of the Villain. Anyways, hope he successfully defends the IWGP Jr. HWC for this coming Wrestle Kingdom Event.

Edited by We_R_VeNoM
  • Brohoof 2