Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

52 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

1. Well, that's good. Hopefully, AJ Styles holds the Championship until whatever the Smackdow PPV before WrestleMania is . :rarity: 

2. I didn't know that. :blush:

I know it's a long shot, but my dream would be a WWE title match between AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura at Wrestlemania, IF Vince let's them do what they want, so we can have the same greatness that we had at Wrestle Kingdom 10. :P

I know, i set my hopes very high. But i can dream dammit.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

I know it's a long shot, but my dream would be a WWE title match between AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura at Wrestlemania, IF Vince let's them do what they want, so we can have the same greatness that we had at Wrestle Kingdom 10. :P

I know, i set my hopes very high. But i can dream dammit.

Add Samoa Joe in there, too somehow & you have my WrestleMania dream. :D

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Add Samoa Joe in there, too somehow & you have my WrestleMania dream. :D

Too bad Joe is on the Raw Roster, so i sadly don't see that happen. Though that would be great, considering him and AJ had great matches in TNA and i really liked his feud with Nakamura in NXT.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

Too bad Joe is on the Raw Roster, so i sadly don't see that happen. Though that would be great, considering him and AJ had great matches in TNA and i really liked his feud with Nakamura in NXT.

If Kurt Angle & Shawn Michaels could have a cross-brand match at WrestleMania 21,

I'm sure Joe could have a match with Styles & Nakamura somehow.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

If Kurt Angle & Shawn Michaels could have a cross-brand match at WrestleMania 21,

I'm sure Joe could have a match with Styles & Nakamura somehow.

Considering WWE only wants the cross-branded matches happening at Survivor Series from now on (or as it currently seems) it won't be likely until next years event or something drastically changes.

• Brohoof 1

Things are getting crazy in San Antonio on Nov. 17th

WWE: NXT is hosting Adam Cole (bay bay) vs. Drew McIntyre w/ special guest ref. Shawn Micheals.

ROH is hosting the Survival of the fittest tournament, and have announced that Kenny Omega, as well as Arrow leading man Steven Amel (yes, the one from SummerSlam last year), will both be present.

This looks like the closest thing we've gotten to the Monday night wars in a long time. 

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

WWE: NXT is hosting Adam Cole (bay bay) vs. Drew McIntyre w/ special guest ref. Shawn Micheals.

Speaking of Adam Cole,

I'm surprised WWE are still letting so many indy guys keep their indy names (Adam Cole, Kyle O' Reily & Austin Aries for a past example.)

after the CM Punk leaving situation.

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Speaking of Adam Cole,

I'm surprised WWE are still letting so many indy guys keep their indy names (Adam Cole, Kyle O' Reily & Austin Aries for a past example.)

after the CM Punk leaving situation.

Name recognition. WWE (or at least HHH) knows that NXT and a bunch of indies have a cross over audience. Bringing in well known indy guys will bring those fans over too. 

WWE was just too stupid to understand that pre-network era. 

And speaking of Indy guys, look who The Rolling Stone just covered. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Name recognition. WWE (or at least HHH) knows that NXT and a bunch of indies have a cross over audience. Bringing in well known indy guys will bring those fans over too. 

WWE was just too stupid to understand that pre-network era. 

And speaking of Indy guys, look who The Rolling Stone just covered. 

I'm *so* glad WWE didn't bring AJ Styles in as "The Amazing" Allen Jones. 

• Brohoof 1

I mentioned how wwe keep saying AJs wwe title win was the first outside north America, but mentioned how Antonio inoki did the same thing 35 years prior.

Do you recognize inoki as a former WWE champ? Or side w/ the E, since he vacated the belt after a week, and said Bob backlunds 1st reign never ended?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Do you recognize inoki as a former WWE champ? Or side w/ the E, since he vacated the belt after a week, and said Bob backlunds 1st reign never ended?

I think so, since championships have been vacated but, are still recognized in the record books by WWE.

(Like, Vince McMahon's WWF Championship reign.)

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I mentioned how wwe keep saying AJs wwe title win was the first outside north America, but mentioned how Antonio inoki did the same thing 35 years prior.

There is always alot of controversy on championships being won and not being recognized. Flair and WWE always say that he was world champ 16 times, with 6 NWA titles, 8 WCW titles and 2 WWF/E titles. Thing is, neither NWA, WCW or the WWE ever recognized the fact, that he won the NWA title actually 9 times and that he also won the WCW International Title 2 times, which between 92 and 94 had a big title status, eventhough the NWA title was still defended on WCW TV, even with wrestlers like Great Muta and Riki Choshu coming in from New Japan to defend them in the US.

Same can be said about the one time the rockers won the tag titles from the hart foundation in 1990 at a house show, which the rockers had to give back to Bret and Jim after just 2 days.

It's a really complicated thing and Inoki is no different in that perspective. I can imagine that Inoki just had too much of an ego to put over Backlund, because if you look at his winning record, he has a bigger record then guys like Hogan or Cena. Not to deny Inokis talent but he always struck me as someone who had a massive ego and not to mention almost destroyed New Japans reputation in the mid 2000s

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Mesme Rize said:

There is always alot of controversy on championships being won and not being recognized. Flair and WWE always say that he was world champ 16 times, with 6 NWA titles, 8 WCW titles and 2 WWF/E titles. Thing is, neither NWA, WCW or the WWE ever recognized the fact, that he won the NWA title actually 9 times and that he also won the WCW International Title 2 times, which between 92 and 94 had a big title status, eventhough the NWA title was still defended on WCW TV, even with wrestlers like Great Muta and Riki Choshu coming in from New Japan to defend them in the US.

Same can be said about the one time the rockers won the tag titles from the hart foundation in 1990 at a house show, which the rockers had to give back to Bret and Jim after just 2 days.

It's a really complicated thing and Inoki is no different in that perspective. I can imagine that Inoki just had too much of an ego to put over Backlund, because if you look at his winning record, he has a bigger record then guys like Hogan or Cena. Not to deny Inokis talent but he always struck me as someone who had a massive ego and not to mention almost destroyed New Japans reputation in the mid 2000s

Naitch might've actually held more titles than that. 

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I just realized that today is the 20th anniversary of the Montreal screw job. 

To think 20-years ago I wouldn't have even know that that was... and now wrestling courses through my veins to where it makes me sad to know so much time has passed since. A day that has truly changed the face of the industry, to where whether its been for better or worse is still under debate.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Do you think it was a cleverly orchestrated work or a shoot? 

A shoot. No one would've gone this long without talking, bragging, or taking credit.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

A shoot. No one would've gone this long without talking, bragging, or taking credit.

People think somethings going to happen at Survivor Series since it's the 20th anniversary.

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

People think somethings going to happen at Survivor Series since it's the 20th anniversary.

Nah, there would've been hints. Plus they tend to save such things for the city of Montreal itself.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Nah, there would've been hints. Plus they tend to save such things for the city of Montreal itself.

Oh, right. 

Well, now would've been a good a time as any to recreate it somehow, IMO. 

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Oh, right. 

Well, now would've been a good a time as any to recreate it somehow, IMO. 

Oh he'll no. If anything it's time wwe moved on from it. Cause I'm fairly certain people are sick of it by now.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

If anything it's time wwe moved on from it. Cause I'm fairly certain people are sick of it by now.

I would, TBH.

Especially, since Impact Wrestling tried it a few years ago and failed spectacularly.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Especially, since Impact Wrestling tried it a few years ago and failed spectacularly.

Other than coinciding with Bret Hart's brief return, it just came TF out of nowhere and was never even mentioned again.

And they wondered why their Monday-night slot was DOA.

• Brohoof 2

So here's a question. What high impact non- finishers and signiture moves from today or the last 5 years would be considered finisher moves in the 90s? (finishers that are now signitures or ordinary moves don't count IE: piledrivers, powerbombs, DDTs, cutters, etc.)

For example, I think the following would've been good new generation/ attitude Era finishers:

-roman reings one arm power bomb

-baron corbins deep six

-ray rowes ace ten mao

-sheamus's crucifix back breaker

-nakamuras reverse exploder

• Brohoof 1