Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Not die hard smart marks like you or I

I feel like we're stuck in this fandom sometimes, y'know?

Putting up with both the good and bad stuff Professional Wrestling has to offer simply because, we've invested so much time into being a fan that

we can't bring ourselves to move on.

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

I feel like we're stuck in this fandom sometimes, y'know?

Putting up with both the good and bad stuff Professional Wrestling has to offer simply because, we've invested so much time into being a fan that

we can't bring ourselves to move on.

Good and bad stuff in wrestling, or good and bad stuff in WWE? 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Good and bad stuff in wrestling, or good and bad stuff in WWE? 

I would say both.

We grow out of stuff we watched when we were younger but, somehow Professional Wrestling has a "Force Grip-like" hold on it's fans that

most of us can't break away from.

I would say both.

We grow out of stuff we watched when we were younger but, somehow Professional Wrestling has a "Force Grip-like" hold on it's fans that

most of us can't break away from.

You are right in that we can't give up. There's always something to draw us back in, the things that got us to watch int he first place. For me, it was always the action. Fights are just entertaining to watch, even better when there's a character and a story attached. It's martial arts theater essentially. 

And while WWE has horrendously failed in those regards, wrestling itself hasn't. I binge watch ROH & Lucha Underground on my DVR. I'm gonna watch New Japans Power Struggle PPV tommorow. Gonna try and catch both the G1 world tag league and jr. tag leagues. Considering subscribing to DDT pro an their service for a healthy does of comedy wrestling, and even browsed Youtube for matches from NOAH. There is almost too much good wrestling out there.

Pretty much why it's been so easy to cut WWE from my life. The reviews, recaps and reactions are more entertaining than the shows I no longer have time to watch. And in a way, I've out grown WWE, and not just cause it's switched to TV-PG.

When you've seen wrestling matches not only done right, but done masterfully, why would I ever want to go back? 

• Brohoof 1

@Denim&Venom

I don't really care about storylines anymore, TBH due to the  story modes in the "Smackdown" games series

boring me to tears when I really just wanted to get to the matches.

Also, I only care about watching Becky Lynch matches these days as far as WWE is concerned.

You introducing me to Japanese wrestling has kinda reinvigorated my wrestling fandom even though

I'm not nearly as emotionally invested in their product as you are.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

I don't really care about storylines anymore, TBH due to the  story modes in the "Smackdown" games series

boring me to tears when I really just wanted to get to the matches.

Also, I only care about watching Becky Lynch matches these days as far as WWE is concerned.

You introducing me to Japanese wrestling has kinda reinvigorated my wrestling fandom even though

I'm not nearly as emotionally invested in their product as you are.

I think the appeal w/ NJPW lies in that they take wrestling seriously over there. There was a saying I saw on an old forum post.

In Canada, it's a tradition.

In Mexico, it's a religion.

In Japan, it's a sport.

In America... it's a joke. 

And yeah, it's very true. The public over there really respect the art form, and the people who run and work the shows have the fundamentals of a good show down pat. From cinema level production and direction, to the prestige of a championship, to basic storytelling psychology. 

If you're still confused as to what the big deal is, here's a couple of vids showing the attention to detail NJPW pays, from production to pretty much having their own Roman Reigns (except better).  

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I think the appeal w/ NJPW lies in that they take wrestling seriously over there. There was a saying I saw on an old forum post.

In Canada, it's a tradition.

In Mexico, it's a religion.

In Japan, it's a sport.

In America... it's a joke. 

I've seen that on other forums in users sigs in the past.

Oh, and 2K gave Alexa Bliss  Tetsuya Naito's "Destino" as a back-grapple move in WWE2K 18 which caused me to mark out. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I've seen that on other forums in users sigs in the past.

Oh, and 2K gave Alexa Bliss  Tetsuya Naito's "Destiono" as a back-grapple move in WWE2K 18 which caused me to mark out. :P

Oh I'd love to see your reaction if she ever broke that out in real life. Wonder who they got to mo-cap it. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh I'd love to see your reaction if she ever broke that out in real life. Wonder who they got to mo-cap it. 

I know I spelled "Destino" wrong & I fixed it just before you quoted me. :P

Also, I don't have any idea who they got to mo-cap it but, I'm 99.9 percent sure it wasn't accurate to how Naito does the move.

• Brohoof 1

They almost got it right. They just need to add hooking in the arm, and have the opponent land on their head. And make the transition less jumpy. 

I also gave Asuka the Kudo Driver & say it like an NJPW annoucer every time she hits the move. ^_^

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I also gave Asuka the Kudo Driver & say it like an NJPW annoucer every time she hits the move. ^_^

That move would be a good fit for her. Probably could tear Megumi Kudo herself apart. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

That move would be a good fit for her. Probably could tear Megumi Kudo herself apart. 

WWE wouldn't let her do a Kudo Driver in a million years! ^_^

The Cradle Piledriver was the move I used for Asuka in last years WWE 2K game.

WWE wouldn't let her do a Kudo Driver in a million years! ^_^

The Cradle Piledriver was the move I used for Asuka in last years WWE 2K game.

Borrowing from Jerry Lynn & Minoru Suzuki I see.

WWE probably won't let her do that move any time this century either.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Borrowing from Jerry Lynn & Minoru Suzuki I see.

WWE probably won't let her do that move any time this century either.

Asuka is brutal by WWE standards so, I thought she deserved a finishing move that reflected that. B)

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Asuka is brutal by WWE standars so, I thought she deserved a finishing move that reflected that. B)

Personally I would've gone burning hammer. 

• Brohoof 2

And the GTS isn't brutal enough? 

1. The Burning Hammer & Go To Sleep are very devastating moves.

2. I may have gotten my Kenta's mixed up & if so, I apologize. :please:

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

1. The Burning Hammer & Go To Sleep are very devastating moves.

2. I may have gotten my Kenta's mixed up & if so, I apologize. :please:

Well yeah, I see the confusion. Kenta Kobashi and KENTA. 

• Brohoof 1