Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Just trying to be nice, I guess.

I've learned over time that some people don't like spoilers no matter how insignificant they might seem to me.

I mean it makes sense in the scheme of results, but a general view of a show, saying it was good or bad? That should be just fine. It's their problem if they take offense to it, not yours. 

• Brohoof 1

Sorry for the delay.

Summerslam 2005

This Summerslam takes place where it was originally scheduled to take place in 1992: Washington DC at the MCI Center. Like 2003 It opens with Lillian Garcia singing the the national anthem. I assume it's because of it being in the nation's capital. The Chris Benoit/Orlando Jordan opener was just a quick squash. Similar to the Warrior/Honky Tonk Man squash in 1988. It's a shame that Benoit was back in the midcard after main eventing last year's Summerslam. The Edge/Matt Hardy was mainly just a bunch of punches and kicks. I kind of think it was a bad decision for Edge to win. I would have had Matt Hardy win and keep his momentum in the feud going. The "Custody of Dominick" Ladder Match between Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero although a great match, a terrible storyline. The only way it could have been worse is if Vince Russo was writing this. It's also sad watching this match knowing that this would be Eddie's last Summerslam. The Angle/Eugene was mainly a squash. The Orton/Taker WM rematch was solid, and it made sense to even the score to keep the feud going throughout the rest of 2005. The WWE Championship between John Cena and Chris Jericho. First off let me say that I tend to disagree with the commentators that Jericho was the kayfabe favorite of GM Eric Bischoff when for quite a long time Triple H was Bischoff's kayfabe favorite. Speaking of, had he not been injured during this time, one would assume that this match would have been John Cena vs Triple H for the title. The crowd was very split during the match. The match itself was good. And let me say that although Cena would start to get flack from fans, I guess it's safe to say that he's a far better wrestler further down the line than he was then. not to mention fans would take him over Roman Reigns. The World Heavyweight Championship between Batista and JBL. I felt that it could have been more back and forth and a longer match. But I thought it was good and it was the right move for Batista to go over in his hometown of Washington DC. Though at this point, I think it's time for Smackdown to have a new top heel. Now for the Main Event. Hulk Hogan VS Shawn Michaels. It's the battle of not only two of wrestling's biggest legends, but two of the most notorious backstage politicians, crybabies and egomaniacs in the history of professional wrestling. The match itself was good, though I think they should have kept Shawn heel. He's more naturally loathsome.

This Summerslam was an improvement over last years. It wasn't great, but it was good. I wish Carlito had defended the Intercontinental Championship that night. I wish Matt Hardy had won. But other than that. It was good.

What did you think of Summerslam 2005

Next I review Summerslam 2006.

• Brohoof 2

Just finished watching NXT Takeover - Brooklyn. Looks like things are about to get exciting in NXT now that Adam Cole, and ReDRagon are there. Don't know much about the 3, apart from that they use to wrestle for ROH, and that Cole's a former Bullet Club member. Can't wait to see them this week, if they appear, that is.

Summerslam 2006

This Summerslam takes place back within the old WWWF territory at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston. It should also be noted that they have used the same Summerslam stage arch for 3 straight years. We already start on a low note with the ever tasteless Eddie Exploitation Angle. Chavo Guerrero VS Rey Mysterio. At one point in the match, Rey's mask came off. Those who have seen WCW from 1999-2000 would note that Rey has been seen without his mask before. The match itself was rather meh. It had already been 10 months since Eddie passed. Why have the WWE continue to use Eddie's name by this point? The ECW Championship match between Big Show and Sabu wasn't that good from a match standpoint. At least it got 3 tables broken. But the booking of Big Show to retain was a bad decision and a slap in the face to the ECW fanbase. I would have had Sabu win the title. The Hogan/Orton was bad. Orton should have won this, but guess why it was made for Hogan to win instead. Things get better with the "I Quit" match. It was just brutal. Perhaps the best match of the night. The World Heavyweight Championship between King Booker and Batista wasn't good and the fact that it was a DQ finish made it worse. The DX VS McMahons seemed like an overbooked mess. Now for the main event. The WWE Championship between Edge and John Cena. The match itself was great but regardless of there being a number of Boston fans booing Cena, I STILL would not have had him lose in Boston. I would have preferred if Cena won here at Summerslam and Edge would have won the TLC match at Unforgiven in Toronto. 

If I said that 2004 was my least favorite Summerslam, well that title now belongs to 2006. This was so poorly booked. If I were in charge I would have done things differently. I wouldn't have done any Eddie Exploitation. I'd have had Sabu win the ECW title. I'd have had Randy Orton defeat Hogan. I'd have had a clear decision in the King Booker/Batista. I'd have not have had so many run ins in the DX/McMahons match, I'd have had Cena win here and Edge win at Unforgiven. I'd have also had Johnny Nitro defend the IC title at the show. This was a bad Summerslam IMHO

What did you think of Summerslam 2006.

Next I review Summerslam 2007.

• Brohoof 1

Summerslam 2007 

The twentieth Summerslam I believe should have been held at Madison Square Garden, but from what I have read somewhere, the WWE was having problems with the Garden. So to compromise, they held it for the third time across the Hudson River at the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford. First off let me say I really like the Summerslam set with the palm trees, torches, and surfboards, which gives it a beach party setting. The Kane/Finlay opener was decent. The triple threat match for the Intercontinental Championship was also okay. The Rey/Chavo match was better than the previous year. The Divas Battle Royal was what it was, though not the worst match of the night. CM Punk makes his Summerslam debut challenging John Morrison for the ECW Championship. The match was fine, but could have been better had it been longer. The Triple H/King Booker should have been more back and forth but with Triple H's return still triumphant. The World Heavyweight Championship match between Batista and the Great Khali now rivals Diesel/Mabel for worst World title match in Summerslam history. What makes it worse is that it was a DQ finish. I would have had Batista win the World Championship here and put an end to Khali's terrible reign as champion sooner. Now for the main event. John Cena vs Randy Orton for the WWE Championship. The MOTN for sure. This was the official start of both Randy Orton's status as a top heel and the long and intense rivalry between Orton and Cena. Although Cena escaped with the title. Orton proved he was a main eventer. Cena's also getting better as a wrestler.

Overall I didn't have that high of hopes for this Summerslam due to it still being under the cloud of the whole Benoit tragedy. That having been said. This Summerslam did a fair job. I still would have had Batista actually beat Khali for the title here. But other than that they did the best they could.

What did you think of Summerslam 2007.

And with that I've completed the Summerslam Anthology DVDs. Now I talk about the individual Summerslam matches that I have on various DVD sets. Starting tomorrow I will talk about two matches from Summerslam 2008: Batista VS John Cena and the Undertaker VS Edge Hell in a Cell. 

• Brohoof 1

Summerslam 2008

This is the first Summerslam of the PG Era and the last Summerslam to take place in a different arena. This year it was at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana. Since I don't have the whole event. I will be talking about two of the individual matches that I have on DVD.

Batista VS John Cena

The Raw Main Event. One of those Face VS Face matches. I'm pretty sure that fans were more on Batista's side though. There's a neat moment where Batista puts Cena in the Figure 4 and the crowd "wooooo"s. Another good spot was just after, in which Cena FU's Batista out to the floor. Later Cena had Batista in the STFU after escaping the Batista Bomb. However, Batista was able to reach the ropes. Batista's reversing the FU into a rear naked choke was pretty cool. Cena's powerslam reversal into an FU seemed almost impossible. I really liked Batista catching Cena off the top rope and countering with a powerbomb. Batista finished him off and won with a Batista Bomb. I thought the match was very good.

Undertaker VS Edge: Hell in a Cell

The Smackdown Main Event. The First ever HIAC at Summerslam and the ultimate climax to the Taker/Edge feud that dominated the majority of 2008. The first major spot is Taker's stiff boot to the head. Another was Taker's guillotine leg drop across the apron. Frequent use of steel steps. Of course, leave it to Edge to create a TLC environment in a Hell in a Cell match with at least 3 tables, 2 ladders, and a single steel chair. Put them together, you get Edge doing a steel chair elbow drop off a ladder, onto Taker, through a table. Momentum swifts back to Taker until another great spot, Edge spearing Taker through the cell. It's a shame this didn't result in climbing up and battling on top of it. But Edge did manage to spear Taker through the ECW announce table which got quite a few replays. Back inside, the other major spot was Taker chokeslamming Edge through two tables. Although it was PG it still had blood, just not on the face. Taker's forearm and Edge's back were bleeding. One tombstone later, Taker wins. And in one last moment Taker shoves Edge off a ladder and down through the ring. Moments later, flames burn up from below. This has to be Undertaker's greatest Summerslam match EVER!. 

So far these two matches were great.

Do you think I should watch the rest of the show as well? If so which matches?

Tomorrow I talk about the CM Punk/Jeff Hardy TLC match from Summerslam 2009

• Brohoof 1

Problem with the Enzo Vs. Cass feud: Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy.

Basically, no matter how many epic promos Enzo gives, he nevertheless fails to even hold his own -- let alone win -- against his ex-partner, resulting in a bunch of slogs where the underdog keeps getting stomped by the bully (and even Big Show's help hasn't made much of a difference). Last night's Raw was probably the epitome of just how pathetic Enzo's chances are:

Enzo challenged Cass to a Street Fight for revenge over what happened to Big Show at SummerSlam 2017... and was literally offense-less the whole time (in fact, pointless weapons were pointless), once again enduring a slog. In the end, Cass stupidly defeated himself via leg injury that caused an automatic forfeit in Enzo's favor... while Enzo could barely even stand, looking almost as injured as -- well -- the actually injured guy.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

Summerslam 2009

Now from here until 2014, Summerslam will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. There's only one match that I have of this event.

CM Punk VS Jeff Hardy: TLC Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

The Summerslam Main Event. The first major spot was Punk catching Jeff's running dropkick and slamming his back on a steel chair. Another was a suicide dive to the outside by Punk. Soon after, Jeff Irish whips Punk into the steel ringpost, but Punk put's the breaks on and jumps to the top of the steps to jump off and meet a steel chair shot by Jeff, who follows up with using the chair for elevation for the Poetry in Motion. However the momentum swifts back to Punk after Jeff misses a splash through a table. One of the better spots is both Jeff and Punk on the ladder with Jeff reversing into a sunset flip powerbomb. Jeff gets back up the ladder but Punk pushes it down as Jeff lands in the ropes in the corner. Punk follows up with a Superplex off the top rope onto a downed ladder. After a Twist of Fate, Jeff attempts a Swanton Bomb off the top rope but Punk got the knees up. Punk attempts a bulldog but gets tossed out and through a table. Jeff climbs the ladder but Punk springboard double axe handles him off. Now the major highlight was when Jeff lays Punk across the ECW announce table and grabs the tallest ladder, climbs it and Swanton Bombs off the top onto Punk through the announce table. Jeff was about to be given medical attention but Punk sneaks back in and climbs the ladder. Jeff climbs himself and trades blows with Punk but Jeff falls off and allows Punk to grab the belt and win his 3rd World Heavyweight Championship. However, after the match the familiar bell toll plays and the lights go out and back on again with the Undertaker in Jeff's place rising up and attacking Punk. Thus setting up their feud. 

This was easily the best match of the night.

Should I watch the rest of the show as well? What did you think of this match?

Tomorrow I watch the entire Summerslam 2010.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Okay. So I finally got through the entire G1 Climax tournament. It took me a month. 19 shows. Each as long as a monday night raw. But I did it. My first G1. I cant say that any of the matches fell flat, so if you're looking for a months worth of solid wrestling, the G1 is the time to do it. Though it's easy to get brunt out early on, everything becoming a haze of stiff chops and fore arm smashes. But here's what i do remember: 

1. The guys who shone the best in the tournament were actually the guys who did the worst. Satoshi Kojima and Yuji Nagata, who out of 9 matches, each only won one. A lot of people hoped that Kojima would have a deep run, making good of the favor repayed to him by his partner Hiroyoshi Tenzan, who bowed out so Kojima could compete. And for Nagata, it was his final G1 performance. He gave it his all every night and the fans were totally behind him. For a dude his age, he's in fantastic shape. For context, this guy went on excursion to WCW. He's even in WCW/nWo: world tour for the N64, and was the guy I saw in my first NJPW main event when he challenged Kurt Angle for the IWGP 3rd belt. So yeah, it was a little personal for me this time around, seeing the guy who got me into NJPW have his last hurrah in the tournament. But even though he and Kojima were nowhere near prevailing, they put on amazing performances through the whole damn thing, and in defeat, looked like champions. 
  2. Toru Yano is a bit of an oddity in the grand scheme of the G1. A comedy wrestler who lies, cheats and steals enough to make Eddie blush. Anyone who fought Yano was essentially getting an easy match. A bit of a break from the absurd pace of the tournament. Though easy match doesn't exactly translate to easy victory or defeat. Yano played spoiler quite alot. And he has now discovered a fondness for the use of wrist tape during his matches. Lots and lots of wrist tape. And this has lead him to some entertaining wins. And losses. His match against Kenny Omega might just be the funniest of the year. Go catch it. 
  3. There are guys who may not have won the G1, but have bright futures regardless:
  • Zack Sabre Jr. tapped out Hiroshi Tanahashi. The IWGP Intercontinental champion. The guy who put New Japan back on the map. Japanese John Cena. Not once, but again during a tag match. New Japan has put a lot of stock in this kid, despite being a jr. heavyweight.
  • Juice Robinson (formerly CJ Parker in NXT), had a nice comeback story, winning the last few matches of the G1, most noticeably, upsetting the IWGP U.S. champ. Omega. The plucky underdog may finally win himself his first title. 
  • Micheal Elgin, the crazy strong Canadian you may have seen on ROH, did okay. Didn't win, but he beat some notable people: U.S. Champ Omega, and N.E.V.E.R. openweight champ. Minoru Suzuki, the crime boss looking, sadistic leader of Suzuki-gun. This will probably be the next big title feud going forward, as they brawled after the show. 
  • The King Of Darkness, Evil, did surprisingly well. Beat some big names. Beat the biggest name. World Champ Okada. Now he'll be getting a title shot and could fundamentally alter the title picture going into WrestleKingdom next year. 
  • Omega finally beat Okada to close out their trilogy. My least favorite of the three, but still a very fine match.

4. Naito/Ibushi was best match of the tournament, and on the second night too. 

5. We finally got a dream match, a match that everyone thinks shoudl have happened in the finals of the Cruzierweight classic: Ibushi vs. ZSJ. And it was good.

6. As you may have heard, Naito is now your G1 Climax winner. And unlike the first time he won it as a white meat babyface Tanahashi clone, this one felt more deserving.  This could mark a full circle character arc for Naito that started back in 2013, where he won the G1, but was ultimately taken out of the main event of WrestleKingdom, his world title match getting shunted to the midcard by a fan vote. His first G1 began the downward spiral that would lead to the Tetsuya Naito we knwo and love today. His second one may lead to him claiming what shoudl have been his years ago: A world title shot in the main event of WrestleKingdom, and the acceptance of the fans. We may be witnessing some of the longest term storytelling in wrestling history.  

7. But this has lead to something missing. Soemthing that fans anticipated when the G1 was announced: A meeting of Kota Ibushi and Kenny Omega in the finals. Not only does it sound like a great match, it was a great match. These two had a match of the year back in DDT Pro, and afterwords formed a popular tag team: The Golden Lovers.  But as we all know, Omega joined Bullet Club in 2015. And Ibushi continued his travels, working from promotion to promotion. 

But, as Omega was being carried off in the hallway following his loss in the final, he crossed paths with Ibushi. It wasn't heated. Wasn't confrontational. It was brief, and if anything, consoling. Neither of them could keep the promise they made to meet in the finals. 

But I have a feeling they will meet again down the road....

Oh and Katsuyori Shibata made a surprise visit. :yay: yay.

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

What are everyones thought's on Bobby Roode?

I've know about Bobby Roode since his Total Nonstop Action days & I've always thought he was ok.

However, since he's jumped to WWE the most exciting thing about him has been his ring enterance which is pretty cool, IMO.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Summerslam 2010

This one I do have on DVD. Second straight year at the Staples Center. The opener between Dolph Ziggler and Kofi Kingston for the Intercontinental Championship. The Match was starting out good, but the Nexus interference kind of ruined it. I would have had a clear cut winner. The Melina VS Alicia for the Divas championship wasn't all that good but it was the right move for Melina to win the Divas title after return from injury and in her hometown of Los Angeles. I could have done without the postmatch beatdown by Laycool though. Even though it would establish them as top heel Divas. The 3 on 1 Handicap match between the Big Show and the Straight Edge Society was also not that good. I'd have had the SES steal a victory to keep them going. The WWE Championship between Sheamus and Randy Orton was the first good match of the night. The DQ finish hinders only slightly. The World Heavyweight Championship Match between Kane and Rey Mysterio was decent. The Undertaker's return was expected. Somehow I already knew that Undertaker wouldn't turn heel and attack Rey. Who can imagine Rey Mysterio as a heel at any point in his career? The feud of the Brothers of Destruction adds another chapter. Now for the main event: Team WWE VS Nexus. The build up of Miz being the seventh member to be swerved by choosing Daniel Bryan was pretty cool. I say that the Nexus should have won with Wade Barrett being the sole survivor. If you think back to the nWo angle, they made the nWo dominant throughout 1996-1997. But even that had problems. They didn't get the comeuppance when they should have: At Starrcade 1997. I would have had the Nexus win and keep the Nexus dominant until Wrestlemania XXVII. Other than that, the match itself was great. 

This Summerslam had a better second half than first half. I would have changed a few outcomes and this show would have been better.

What did you think of Summerslam 2010.

I don't have anything from Summerslam 2011, I'll discuss the Lesnar/Triple H match from Summerslam 2012 the day after tomorrow.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

For those that are interested, WCPW is live streaming the quarter-finals to their world cup tournament.

As of this post, NJPW's Hiromu Takahashi vs. WWE's Joseph Connors is airing.

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, StarBurstShipper2017 said:

I'm a bit of a wrestling fan myself. Just watched the recent showing of WWE 205 Live, and I was REALLY surprised! THE CERTIFIED G Enzo Amore is a Crusierweight now, and there's only ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE IT, AND I'M GONNA SPELL IT OUT FOR YA:

S, A, W, F, T. SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWFT!

It honestly doesn't surprise me that the WWE moved Enzo into the cruiserweight division. His skill and move set are better suited for the cruiserweight division. Hopefully, he'll get a run at the title.

Asuka has relinquished the NXT Women's Championship

:(

I heard it's due to injury, but I'm wondering... are they planning to call her up to the main roster?

Either way, she's leaving her title reign undefeated, and I like that :wub: 

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, cpl_dixon said:

I've recently got into wrestling. My favorite wrestler is the very underused: Luke Harper. I'm hoping he gets more TV time soon...

Now all the focus is on Strowman and Bray.

R.I.P., Wyatt Family.

Summerslam 2012

It returns to the Staples Center in Los Angeles for it's 25th anniversary, and I only have one match from this event:

Brock Lesnar VS Triple H: No Disqualification Match:

The Summerslam Main Event: Throughout the match, Brock constantly focuses on the arm of Triple H, that he broke, leading up to this match as evidenced by the many attempts at the Kimura Lock. The first major spot is when Brock slams Triple H onto the announce table, right on the injured arm. Another is when Brock delivers a jumping single blow off the Spanish announce table onto the back of Triple H's neck. Brock nails Triple H with a stiff clothesline. The momentum shifts back to Triple H when he reverses an attack by Brock and shoves him into the corner of the announce table, hitting him in Brock's midsection. Triple H targets Brock's midsection. Triple H nails the Pedigree but Lesnar kicks out. Momentum shifts back to Lesnar with a low blow. Lensar nails the F-5, but Triple H kicks out. Triple H nails the Pedigree again, but Brock locks in the Kimura Lock and Triple H taps out.

This was a very good fight. Probably not the best match, but it was clearly more of a fight. It's also good that Triple H puts Brock Lesnar over clean. It keeps Brock's momentum as the monster heel. 

Should I watch the rest of the show as well? What did you think of this match.

Tomorrow I talk about two matches from Summerslam 2013, Brock Lesnar VS CM Punk, and Daniel Bryan VS John Cena.

• Brohoof 1

So Omega vs. Naito happened in the finals of the G1. And during that match, there were a few botches. Namely, Naito trying to piledrive Omega through an announce table, the table slipping and Omega going to the concrete instead, nicking his head on the corner of another table on the way down. And Naito trying to hit Kenny w/ a superplex, but Kenny slips off the buckle and ends up DDT-ing Naito on top of the ring post. 

But it's for these reasons why I think they might be the best wrestlers in the world. 

• Brohoof 1

On 8/25/2017 at 9:28 AM, A.V. said:

R.I.P., Wyatt Family.

Truthfully, I like Harper on his own. It gives him a chance to make his name known and not have him just be known as: "One of Bray Wyatt's followers". Plus, Harper said in an interview that he is happy to finally be out of the clutches of Bray.

Summerslam 2013

Back to the Staples Center. I have two matches from this event. 

Brock Lesnar VS CM Punk: No Disqualification Match:

The Beast vs The Best. The first major spot was Punk giving a running knee to Lesnar, knocking him off the apron and following up with a suicide dive. But the momentum shifts towards Brock when he runs body first into a steel steps wielding Punk. Later, Lesnar tosses Punk over the Spanish announce table then the English announce table breaking off part of it. Brock breaks the piece of the announce table across Punk's back and follows up with a belly to belly suplex. Punk tries to get back in it by kicking Lesnar's legs, but Lesnar nails a stiff lariat. Brock nails a stiff knee to Punk's gut. Punk tries a flying cross body off the top rope, but Lesnar catches him and does a fallaway slam. The momentum shifts back to CM Punk after he pulls a Mike Tyson and bites Brock's ear. Punk nails Lesnar with a stiff roundhouse kick, and follows up with a flying elbow smash. After being in Punk's triangle lock for a long time, Lesnar reverses into a running powerbomb. Brock performs the "three amigos" suplexes and the crowd chants "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie." Punk turns it around with a low blow and nails a flying chair smash on Lesnar. There was a scene where Brock had Punk set up for the F5 and Punk had Paul Heyman by his tie. Heyman breaks up a Punk pinfall attempt after a GTS. Punk had Heyman in an Anaconda Vice before Lesnar hit Punk with a chair. Brock Lesnar wins after nailing CM Punk with an F5 on a steel chair.

A fantastic match. CM Punk played the underdog well here and Brock Lesnar continues his dominance. Punk received a standing ovation afterwards.

Daniel Bryan vs John Cena: WWE Championship match with Triple H as Special Guest Referee.

The Summerslam Main Event. This is Triple H's second time at Summerslam in which he's the special guest referee. Fans clearly want Daniel Bryan to win the gold. The first major spot is when Cena knocks Bryan off of the apron who lands head first into the announce table, other than that it has mainly been a straight up wrestling match early on, with several holds and reversals. Cena nails the AA but Bryan kicks out. Bryan hits a superplex on Cena and hangs upside down in a tree of woe before pulling himself up. Bryan hits the diving headbutt but Cena kicks out. Cena hits a diving leg drop bulldog, but Bryan gets the shoulder up. After Bryan hits Cena with two running dropkicks to the corner, Cena nails Bryan with a running clothesline. Cena and Bryan hit a double flying forearm, knocking each other down. Daniel Bryan hits the running high knee, gets the pinfall and wins the WWE Championship.

Another fantastic match. Pretty much the match of the year here. This proves that John Cena can wrestle and put on a workrate clinic. This also establishes Daniel Bryan as the top babyface in the WWE. Cena had the class to shake Bryan's hand at the end. 

But wait. Randy Orton comes down to ringside with his Money in the Bank briefcase. But he hesitates and walks away. However in the biggest raining on a parade in WWE history, Triple H Pedigree's Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton cashes in his MITB, pins Bryan and takes the title. This is only the second MITB cash in moment in Summerslam history. This gives sympathy for Daniel Bryan and heat on Triple H and Randy Orton and sets up the Yes! movement as Daniel Bryan begins his journey back to the title at Wrestlemania XXX.

Two fantastic matches at Summerslam 2013. If the rest of the card is good, then this is one of the top 5 Summerslams. Certainly the best Slam of the PG era.

Should I see the rest of the show? What did you think of these two matches?

Tomorrow I talk about the Lesnar/Cena match from Summerslam 2014.

• Brohoof 1

Summerslam 2014

The last Summerslam at the Staples Center. And my last Summerslam match discussion. I have only one match from this Slam:

Brock Lesnar VS John Cena: WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match

The Summerslam main event. Brock immediately goes on the offensive and nails the F5, but Cena kicks out. Brock nails a release German Suplex and follows up with a stiff knee to Cena's ribs. Cena attempts to change the momentum with several quick punches to Lesnar's gut, but Lesnar counters with two more stiff knees to the ribs. By this point, Brock has been just targeting Cena's ribs. Brock does more damage with more German Suplexes. Cena gets back into the match with two running forearms. Brock attempts another F5, but Cena reverses it into an AA. However, Lesnar kicks out. Brock mocks the Undertaker by sitting up. Lesnar throws a series of punches to Cena's head. However Cena get's back into it with an STF, but Lesnar reverses and continues his punches. After one last F5, Brock Lesnar wins the WWE Championship for the 4th time. 

This probably wasn't the best match of the night. But it did it's job. Cena did not go into his Superman mode during the match and did the right thing and put Lesnar over. And with that. By this point. Brock Lesnar is back on top of the WWE mountain for the first time in 10 years.

Should I watch the rest of the show? What did you think of this match.

And with that. I have completed watching the Summerslam shows and individual matches that I have from my DVD collection. Are there any SS matches that I haven't seen that you would recommend? Do you agree or disagree with any of my opinions regarding this or any of the other Summerslams that I've talked about? Feel free to let me know.

• Brohoof 1