Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

I'd avoid watching: 

Bulldog/HBK from One Night Only. I hate hometown humiliations.

Anything involving the nWo from 1998 onwards. It's a constant reminder that they should have put over WCW back at Starrcade 1997

A number of things from 1999 from both promotions.

King of the Ring 1995

December to Dismember 2006

A majority of WCW 2000

Great American Bash 1991

Souled Out 1997

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 7/23/2017 at 7:19 AM, BrawnyCharger said:

Are there any particular matches/moments/events throughout the history of professional wrestling that regardless of whether it's great or terrible, you would absolutely avoid watching at all costs?

As far as wrestling moments/matches are concerned I would have to go with,

the "Claire Lynch" storyline that happened in Impact Wrestling a few years ago.

I've heard nothing but negative things about this storyline & I don't care enough about Impact Wrestling's history to bother researching it.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Denim&Venom

I found the Unbreakable 2005 Triple Threat Match for the X Division Championship with AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & Christopher Daniels

if you'd like to see it. (I apologize if I've posted it already.)

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

I found the Unbreakable 2005 Triple Threat Match for the X Division Championship with AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & Christopher Daniels

if you'd like to see it. (I apologize if I've posted it already.)

Thanks. I'll try getting to it sometime, but obviously it's been a pretty busy month. I'm hoping to watch it with the rest of the unbreakable PPV to give it some proper context. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
49 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Thanks. I'll try getting to it sometime, but obviously it's been a pretty busy month. I'm hoping to watch it with the rest of the unbreakable PPV to give it some proper context. 

You're welcome. And you're right It has been a busy month with so much wrestling going on. :scots:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

You're welcome. And you're right It has been a busy month with so much wrestling going on. :scots:

Tell me about it. Just the G1 alone is burning me out. It's like watching Raw every day. I'm having to skip the first hour of tag matches just so that the tournament bouts stay sorta fresh. And even though it's NJPW and the bouts are serviceable, it all starts to just blur together. 

And we've still got 12 more shows to go! 

But... through the haze of wrestling from last night, I found a brilliant gem. As brilliant as it was absurd.

And everybody on here should watch it! 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Tell me about it. Just the G1 alone is burning me out. It's like watching Raw every day. I'm having to skip the first hour of tag matches just so that the tournament bouts stay sorta fresh. And even though it's NJPW and the bouts are serviceable, it all starts to just blur together. 

And we've still got 12 more shows to go! 

That's the sign you've watched TOO MUCH wrestling at one time & you should take a break. :orly:

(edited)
16 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That's the sign you've watched TOO MUCH wrestling at one time & you should take a break. :orly:

I want to take a break, but then how am I supposed to avoid spoilers for what goes down when I do? 

Oh BT-dubs, here's night 8. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

I want to take a break, but then how am I supposed to avoid spoilers for what goes down when I do? 

I'm not going to spoil anything for you & I don't think anyone else here is talking about the G1 Tournament. :)

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm not going to spoil anything for you & I don't think anyone else here is talking about the G1 Tournament. :)

Well, not here, but like, online. Don't wanna go to my youtube feed and see 'Kenny Omega finally defeats Okada!' 

Also for everyone how doesn't quite get what the deal is with the G1, here's an analysis on what makes it special. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Well, not here, but like, online.

Right.  

It's kinda like avoiding movie spoilers &

hopefully, by the time you get around to watching the G1 Tournament the hype won't be as prevalent

so, there'll be less of a chance of you being spoiled.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Summerslam happens to be my absolute favorite WWE event.

For the entire month of August, I'm going to be watching past Summerslams. For complete shows I have the anthology DVD's from 1988 to 2007 and the 2010 one. For '08 I only have Batista/Cena and Edge/Undertaker Hell in a Cell. For '09 I only have the Jeff Hardy/CM Punk TLC Match. For '12 I only have the Triple H/ Lesnar No DQ match. For '13 I only have the CM Punk/Lesnar No DQ and the Cena/Daniel Bryan. and for '14 I only have the Cena/Lesnar.

I don't have anything for '11, '15, or '16,

I'm going to give my thoughts on each one every day.

Edited by BrawnyCharger
  • Brohoof 1

Hey everybody. Sorry that i haven't posted in awhile. Currently not watching alot of wrestling, besides following the G1 because NJPW always keeps the quality i am looking for, especially during G1.

Anyway, i need to plug something here, which is the new fire pro wrestling game, fire pro wrestling world on steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/564230/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World/

For anyone who dosen't know, Fire pro Wrestling was a series of wrestling games, that where mostly known in japan. The first games came out for the super nintendo with the licenses for all japan and new japan wrestlers. The game went on through the generations, but kept mostly the same style of the SNES era,

Now Fire Pro is back after a decade of absence. It's still in early acess, but i gotta tell you it is an awesome game. The gameplay needs a bit of time to get used to, but once you got it, you will see how clever it is. You can make normal single matches, barbed wire matches, cage matches, landmine matches, exploding barbed wire matches and can even do MMA fights. And you can have up to 8 wrestlers in the ring.

The game also has Workshop support and that's where it gets really interesting, because the community builds thousands of wrestlers from any country, from any promotion, from any era. Dosen't matter if WWE, WCW, ECW, New Japan, Ring of Honor, TNA, old NWA, AAA, CMLL, you name it. i already have 130 wrestlers in my roster and they almost look the same as their counterparts and even have most of the same moves.

Get it guys. It's only 20 bucks and for that low price you get hours upon hours of fun. Besides, 2K needs a good competitor on the wrestling gaming market. ;)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
8 hours ago, Mesme Rize said:

Hey everybody. Sorry that i haven't posted in awhile. Currently not watching alot of wrestling, besides following the G1 because NJPW always keeps the quality i am looking for, especially during G1.

Anyway, i need to plug something here, which is the new fire pro wrestling game, fire pro wrestling world on steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/564230/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World/

For anyone who dosen't know, Fire pro Wrestling was a series of wrestling games, that where mostly known in japan. The first games came out for the super nintendo with the licenses for all japan and new japan wrestlers. The game went on through the generations, but kept mostly the same style of the SNES era,

Now Fire Pro is back after a decade of absence. It's still in early acess, but i gotta tell you it is an awesome game. The gameplay needs a bit of time to get used to, but once you got it, you will see how clever it is. You can make normal single matches, barbed wire matches, cage matches, landmine matches, exploding barbed wire matches and can even do MMA fights. And you can have up to 8 wrestlers in the ring.

The game also has Workshop support and that's where it gets really interesting, because the community builds thousands of wrestlers from any country, from any promotion, from any era. Dosen't matter if WWE, WCW, ECW, New Japan, Ring of Honor, TNA, old NWA, AAA, CMLL, you name it. i already have 130 wrestlers in my roster and they almost look the same as their counterparts and even have most of the same moves.

Get it guys. It's only 20 bucks and for that low price you get hours upon hours of fun. Besides, 2K needs a good competitor on the wrestling gaming market. ;)

May give it a shot. Been thinking of expanding my wrestling game collection by getting WrestleKingdom 1 and 2 as well as king of colleseum 2, which were pretty much the last console games the japanese feds released.

Edited by Denim&Venom
can't spell worth a damn
  • Brohoof 1

Summerslam 88

I have a soft spot for this Summerslam. It's the very first WWF PPV video that I ever rented back when I was a kid. I felt it was fitting to hold the first Slam at Madison Square Garden. As we would see in later recaps, Summerslam in general would more often than not take place in the NYC area. I enjoyed the Bulldogs/Rougeaus opener in spite of the time limit draw. Davey Boy and Dynamite were such great workers.  Although at the time I didn't know about the storylines when I first watched this, I feel now that they should have had the Jake Roberts/Rick Rude blowoff match here instead of Rude/JYD and Jake/Hercules. The Brother Love Show with Hacksaw Jim Duggan was entertaining for what it was. The Warrior/Honky Tonk Man IC championship was shocking and a fantastic moment. It started what I feel should have been a tradition in which the Intercontinental Championship either always changes hands or is the major highlight of the card at Summerslam. The Demolition/Hart Foundation match for the Tag Titles was fun. It was the start of the Harts' face run that would last 8 years and the continued dominating reign of Demolition. The Koko/Boss Man match was surprisingly good. The Main Event was the major highlight of the show. Throughout the match, Jesse Ventura although didn't deliberately try to screw over Hogan and Savage, you could tell he was more or less sided the Mega Bucks considering he was pro-heel on commentary, he even hesitated to count the pinfall at the end. Elizabeth's taking off her skirt to distract the Mega Bucks was truly a memorable moment. Now despite how much Hogan and Savage had problems with each other in real life, I thought the Mega Powers made a great team.

Although this isn't the BEST Summerslam, I thought it did a decent job for it's inaugural show.

What did you think of it?

Summerslam 89 tomorrow.

Speaking of The Mega Powers:

It's uncanny just how accurate ^that^ is about Hogan in real life.

Then again, maybe Savage was actually projecting it into the promo.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, A.V. said:

Speaking of The Mega Powers:

It's uncanny just how accurate ^that^ is about Hogan in real life.

Then again, maybe Savage was actually projecting it into the promo.

Hot dog, Grandstander, Showboat, Primadonna, Liar. 

There's plenty more words to describe Hogan.

Ironically, the Mega Powers feud is going to carried over into Summerslam 89.

• Brohoof 1

Summerslam 89

This one was just a mere 9 miles from Madison Square Garden on the other side of the Hudson River via the Lincoln Tunnel from the New Jersey Meadowlands Arena. If you ask me you might get a number of the same audience members from last years Summerslam. But I digress. When I first watched this show, I was shocked to see that Tony Schiavone was calling the show with Jesse Ventura. I really like the intro showing WWF action with various summer activities. The Hart Foundation/Brainbusters opener was fantastic. Arn and Tully's WWF run as brief as it was, was good I thought. Their shortcuts throughout the match still very Four Horsemen like. The Rockers/Tito VS Rougeaus/Martel 6 man was fun and exciting. All 6 were great workers. The Warrior/Rude IC title match was fun as well. One of the Warrior's better matches, and one could say that 1989 was perhaps the best year for the Warrior as well. The Duggan/Demolition VS Andre/Twin Towers was essentially a big man brawl, what's somewhat hypocritical is that Duggan used his 2x4 to help his team win. Duggan is supposed to be a face yet he uses a weapon to win it for his team. The Hercules/Valentine match was filler, but Rugged Ronnie Garvin's biased ring announcing I thought was hilarious. One can bet that if fans were to be given that opportunity, they'd give Roman Reigns an earful. For the Main Event, Considering this is Macho's first PPV with Sherri as his manager. I thought it made sense for heel Savage to have a crazy enough manager like Sherri in his corner. The match itself was decent considering they made extra care to make sure Zeus didn't stink up the place. Savage did the lion's share of the work in the match.

Overall I thought this was a better Summerslam than the previous year. Great show overall.

What did you think of it?

Tomorrow, Summerslam 90. 

• Brohoof 1