Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

But there is one that is even less believable in relation to the number of victories it's achieved:

Hulk Hogan's atomic leg drop. 

Hundreds of people have lost, because an old man fell down and sat on them. 

In terms of main-eventers, yeah, ^that^ one's pretty bad.

These guys sum it up best:

• Brohoof 2

19 minutes ago, A.V. said:

In terms of main-eventers, yeah, ^that^ one's pretty bad.

These guys sum it up best:

Y'know the really sad part? Hogan already had an even better finisher! The axe bomber lariat! Finished off Ric Flair and The Great Muta with it. 

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, BrawnyCharger said:

I'm not really a fan of the Rock's People's Elbow. It's just a glorified elbow drop as far as I'm concerned.

giphy.gif

I'm looking @ the wwe website and Lesnar's still champion?!? Does he even wrestle regularly?

12 hours ago, A.V. said:

Worst finisher ever, IYO?

IMO, Santino Marella's Cobra (with Scotty 2 Hotty's Worm in second -- at least it has that epic dance, which The Cobra doesn't).

This is gonna be unpopular but I could care less.

12 hours ago, joshyang908 said:

giphy.gif

I'm looking @ the wwe website and Lesnar's still champion?!? Does he even wrestle regularly?

Nope! :D

Though look on the bright side, if you hate the look of the Universal Championship belt, you get to go through six months without having to look at it

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The first match from G1 Special live from Long Beach has started! 

With commentary by Good ol' Jim Ross and UFCs Josh Barnett! 

Unfortunately the rest of the show will be for those w/ the AXS TV channel. Anyone else in the U.S. will have to wait till tomorrow to watch the rest of night one and the live stream of night two on NJPW world. However, anyone outside the states can still catch the live stream of both nights.

I hate that the U.S. is region locked. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Denim&Venom

Thanks for the video! :D

35 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

With commentary by Good ol' Jim Ross and UFCs Josh Barnett! 

It's so awesome to hear the passion back in J.R.'s voice when he calls matches. :rarity:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

Thanks for the video! :D

It's so awesome to hear the passion back in J.R.'s voice when he calls matches. :rarity:

Fair warning though. He does get Mark & Jay Briscoe mixed up. And mispronounces Marty Scrull's name. And while it's always nice to hear from him, I think Kevin Kelly & Don Callis have better chemistry than JR & Barnett. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Fair warning though. He does get Mark & Jay Briscoe mixed up. And mispronounces Marty Scrull's name. And while it's always nice to hear from him, I think Kevin Kelly & Don Callis have better chemistry than JR & Barnett. 

I watched the match and I wouldn't have known he'd mixed the Briscoe's up if you hadn't pointed it out since, it's my first time seeing them in action.

Also, I did hear him mispronounce Marty Scrull's name.

I was mainly referring to how lifeless Jim Ross sounded commentating with Todd "It..It's, Christian." Grisham on Smackdown a few years back

before he semi-retired.

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

I watched the match and I wouldn't have known he'd mixed the Briscoe's up if you hadn't pointed it out since, it's my first time seeing them in action.

Also, I did hear him mispronounce Marty Scrull's name.

I was mainly referring to how lifeless Jim Ross sounded commentating with Todd "It..It's, Christian." Grisham on Smackdown a few years back

before he semi-retired.

Your first time seeing the 8x ROH tag champs? How long have you been watching wrestling again? 

And yeah, he does seem a little more enthusiastic. Not sure how well he's done on the NJPW aide of things. I only caught him once when he covered WrestleKingdom 9 and he did alright. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Your first time seeing the 8x ROH tag champs? How long have you been watching wrestling again? 

And yeah, he does seem a little more enthusiastic. Not sure how well he's done on the NJPW aide of things. I only caught him once when he covered WrestleKingdom 9 and he did alright. 

I've just been so used to the "WWE System" that I'm not used to looking up other places.

You just got me into New Japan Pro Wrestling a few months ago & that was the first "new" wrestling I'd seen since 2004 with

"Total Nonstop Action Wrestling" which is now, "Global Force Wrestling".

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

I've just been so used to the "WWE System" that I'm not used to looking up other places.

You just got me into NewJapan Pro Wrestling a few months ago & that was the first "new" wrestling I'd seen since 2004 with "Total Nonstop Action Wrestling"

which is now, "Global Force Wrestling".

Yeah I have no idea what's going on w/ GFW (who coincidentally sponsored WK 9). 

But yeah, lots of stuff going on right now. If anything, WWE is what's behind the times. There's a wrestling boom going on w/ NJPW, Ring Of Honor, Lucha Underground, PWG, Pro Wrestling NOAH, DDT Pro, Rev Pro, WCPW, and the returning World Of Sport. 

Despite what 'fans' are saying, wrestling is doing well and there's a lot of good stuff to watch. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Yeah I have no idea what's going on w/ GFW (who coincidentally sponsored WK 9). 

But yeah, lots of stuff going on right now. If anything, WWE is what's behind the times. There's a wrestling boom going on w/ NJPW, Ring Of Honor, Lucha Underground, PWG, Pro Wrestling NOAH, DDT Pro, Rev Pro, WCPW, and the returning World Of Sport. 

Despite what 'fans' are saying, wrestling is doing well and there's a lot of good stuff to watch. 

:mellow: Eeyup.

WWE is behind the times same ol' stuff every week & barely moving forward.

Even WrestleMania seems to be going through the motions every year, IMO:

1. A battle royal
  2. One or two "main event" quality matches,
  3. A concert that adds nothing

Rinse and repeat.

That's why I mainly just stick to the WWE games since, I'm far less likely to be annoyed by my own choices

then I am by the choice's WWE makes themselves.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

:mellow: Eeyup.

WWE is behind the times same ol' stuff every week & barely moving forward.

Even WrestleMania seems to be going through the motions every year, IMO:

1. A battle royal
  2. One or two "main event" quality matches,
  3. A concert that adds nothing

Rinse and repeat.

That's why I mainly just stick to the WWE games since, I'm far less likely to be annoyed by my own choices

then I am by the choice's WWE makes themselves.

I can't even get behind the wwe games, as those have been pretty rinse and repeat since 2010. And while wwe TV could benefit from adding realism, the games ironically, could use less of that. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I can't even get behind the wwe games, as those have been pretty rinse and repeat since 2010. And while wwe TV could benefit from adding realism, the games ironically, could use less of that. 

It's gotta be difficult for the developers as they're only able to make one or two major changes or up/downgrades a year due to

WWE 2K games being yearly releases.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

It's gotta be difficult for the developers as they're only able to make one or two major changes or up/downgrades a year due to

WWE 2K games being yearly releases.

Very difficult. Cosmetic changes, roster & move set editions, maybe a few lines of dialogue. There isn't much they can do. And unfortunately, things will only get worse, as the dated game engine has needed a complete overhaul for years now, but it looks liek we won't be gettign that. 

But why would WWE change things, when an annual release with only a few minor tweaks is all they have to do to make a profit anyways? 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Very difficult. Cosmetic changes, roster & move set editions, maybe a few lines of dialogue. There isn't much they can do. And unfortunately, things will only get worse, as the dated game engine has needed a complete overhaul for years now, but it looks liek we won't be gettign that. 

But why would WWE change things, all they have to do is make a profit anyways? 

I bolded & tweaked what you posted to reflect WWE's thought process when it comes to writing their weekly television shows. :orly: 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I bolded & tweaked what you posted to reflect WWE's thought process when it comes to writing their weekly television shows. :orly: 

True. The show may suck but it is makign them money. On that end, who's fault is it for wwe being lousy TV? The management? Or the viewers? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

True. The show may suck but it is makign them money. On that end, who's fault is it for wwe being lousy TV? The management? Or the viewers? 

Unfortunately, I would put the blame on the viewers/fans in this case.

My reason being,

if the WWE already has the fans money & the fans know going in that the show will be lackluster

but still go regardless why should the WWE care about the quality of the show they put on?

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Unfortunately, I would put the blame on the viewers/fans in this case.

My reason being,

if the WWE already has the fans money & the fans know going in that the show will be lackluster

but still go regardless why should the WWE care about the quality of the show they put on?

Exaqctly.

Maybe to us, the show sucks. But to the paying customers, it's just fine.

But then again, there's another player we have to consider: the sponsors. Those who sell out WWE's live shows and buy the network are one thing, but the main income from WWE's broadcast is ad revenue. USA network is essentially paying WWE to air 5 hours worth of commercials in front of 2.5 million people. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
7 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Exaqctly.

Maybe to us, the show sucks. But to the paying customers, it's just fine.

But then again, there's another player we have to consider: the sponsors. Those who sell out WWE's live shows and buy the network are one thing, but the main income from WWE's broadcast is ad revenue. USA network is essentially paying WWE to air 5 hours worth of commercials in front of 2.5 million people. 

When a lot of the paying customers are parents who don't care about wrestling & are just there because,

little Jimmy wanted to see John Cena of course it's just fine.

And yes sponsors do play a big role in WWE's success & if it weren't for them I think Raw & Smackdown would've been gone years ago.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

When a lot of the paying customers are parents who don't care about wrestling & are just there because,

little Jimmy wanted to see John Cena of course it's just fine.

And yes sponsors do play a big role in WWE's success & if it weren't for them I think Raw & Smackdown would've been gone years ago.

They're key in any business. Heck, they're why we got the brand split, and all of the flaws and merits that entailed. 

Okay so this week is national america week. Remember last year when wwe did a 7 on 7 'murica vs everyone else tag match? 

Well let's fantasy book that. What would your dream America vs. Earth 7 v 7 elimination tag look like? One wrestler per country on the World side.

For those that care, mine would be:

USA: AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Bryan Danielson, Eddie Guerrero, Samoa Joe, & Tyler Black

vs.

World:  Cesaro, Kenny Omega, Pentagon Jr, Shinsuke Nakamura, Zack Sabre Jr, Finn Balor, & Karl Gotch

• Brohoof 1

The current product could be good if they did it right. I mean instead of those people hate such as Roman Reigns, give pushes to those that are either the best talent and/or the most popular. From what I've been told, AJ Styles is considered the best wrestler today and has been receiving a lot of praise. So why not give him more runs as champion and make him your top draw. Maybe people would enjoy the show more. That's just a suggestion.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

For those that care, mine would be:

Team USA: Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, John Cena, Samoa Joe, Shawn Michaels, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

World: Cesaro, Kenny Omega, Kushida, William Regal, Bruno Sammartino, Alex Kozlov, Rusev

I hope I did this right. :P