Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Extreme Rules spoilers ahead:

Here's hoping Miz's new run with the Intercontinental title won't be as lackluster as the last few times

Sheamus and Cesaro are the new tag champions... not sure how I feel about the Hardys losing, but happy to see my boy Sheamus get another title run!

And Samoa Joe is facing Brock Lesnar at Great Balls of Fire... I must say I never expected this. I think this'll be a great match!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get these all WRONG

Here are my predictions for "NJPW Dominion" on 6-11-17: Who I think will win is in purple. 

Spoiler

NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Title
Gauntlet Match
BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA vs Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, & Toru Yano vs Ricochet, Juice Robinson, & Ryusuke Taguchi.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
Roppongi Vice vs The Young Bucks.

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
War Machine vs The Guerrillas of Destiny.

Special Singles Match
Michael Elgin vs Cody

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Hiromu Takahashi vs KUSHIDA.

NEVER Openweight Title
Lumberjack Deathmatch

Minoru Suzuki vs Hirooki Goto.

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Tetsuya Niato vs Hiroshi Tanahashi.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada vs Kenny Omega.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

On 6/5/2017 at 2:10 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get these all WRONG

Here are my predictions for "NJPW Dominion" on 6-11-17: Who I think will win is in purple. 

Hide contents

Gauntlet Match
BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA vs Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, & Toru Yano vs Ricochet, Juice Robinson, & Ryusuke Taguchi.

Special Singles Match
Michael Elgin vs Cody

NEVER Openweight Title
Lumberjack Deathmatch

Spoiler

Gauntlet Match

-Agreed

-Nah. I think it's too early for RPG to loose it all. 

-My pick's on War Machine. Need soneone bigger and tougher to take the belts off Hanson & Rowe

Special Singles Match
Michael Elgin vs Cody 

-Yeah. Cody is gonna sneak off a win

Takahashi has a type of swagger about him. Not only do I think he'll win. I think down the line, he'll oust Naito for control over LIJ. 

NEVER Openweight Title
Lumberjack Deathmatch

Yeah, they need to properly build Suzuki back up as a monster, and the NEVER title is a good fit for his style. But a Lumberjack Death Match? That's a new one. 

-Me thinks Tanahashi is finally gonna break  out of this slump, and do it w/ the IC title. Besides, who else is really in a position to take it? 

-No doubt. But the question on everyone's mind is how in Luna's name can Okada & Omega top their previous match?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Denim&Venom

I'm making random predictions based on the little bit of New Japan Pro Wrestling that I've seen so far &

I think I'll get at least *one* prediction right. :)

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

So apparently the YouTube adpocolypse is hitting everyone hard. Among those hit the worst have been anyone affiliated with wrestling.  

So here's YouTube's wrestling community, stating their cases as to why YTs algorithm needs to change to exculde wrestling, and what you can do to help. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 6/8/2017 at 2:33 PM, Denim&Venom said:

So apparently the YouTube adpocolypse is hitting everyone hard. Among those hit the worst have been anyone affiliated with wrestling.  

So here's YouTube's wrestling community, stating their cases as to why YTs algorithm needs to change to exculde wrestling, and what you can do to help. 

Honestly, the only "Wrestling Youtuber" I'd be sad to see leave from that video is, Brian Zane. :blush:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

So yep, NJPW Dominion was a thing. Pretty solid PPV from top to bottom. Kinda surprised at some of the booking decisions. 

Spoiler

Omega vs. Okada ending in a 60 min draw. The main idea going around was that Omega was gonna walk into the two night Long Beach, CA event as the champ. But apparently they're sticking w/ Okada, and booking him vs. Cody Rhodes for the U.S. shows. Takes him out of the running for becoming the 1st IWGP U.S. champ. 

However, w/ the Omega match ending in a draw, it does raise questions as to how they're gonna proceed w/ the Omega/Okada rivalry in the future, and who they'll have lined up as the next challenger following the G1 tournament. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Denim&Venom

NJPW Dominion Spoilers

Spoiler

I can't believe how many predictions I got right for NJPW Dominion!

Also, I was originally going to pick Kushida to win his match but, I changed my mind at the last minute. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

NJPW Dominion Spoilers

Hide contents

I can't believe how many predictions I got right for NJPW Dominion!

Also, I was originally going to pick Kushida to win his match but, I changed my mind at the last minute. :P

Certainly did better than I. 

Now with dominion finished, we move to the March madness of wrestling: the G1 climax. AKA if you took the love child of the royal rumble, king of the ring and MITB, and blew it up to a 90 match supercard that lasted 3 weeks straight.

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Now with dominion finished, we move to the March madness of wrestling: the G1 climax. AKA if you took the love child of the royal rumble, king of the ring and MITB, and blew it up to a 90 match supercard that lasted 3 weeks straight.

I *love* the Royal Rumble & King of the Ring style tournaments.

If the G1 climax also had tag team matches mixed in it would be my idea of a perfect professional wrestling event.

26 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I *love* the Royal Rumble & King of the Ring style tournaments.

If the G1 climax also had tag team matches mixed in it would be my idea of a perfect professional wrestling event.

Sounds like the G1 tag league in December Is right up your alley.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here's something relatively tricky. Are there any positive points about some of the most hated people in wrestling such as McMahon, Russo, Bischoff, Hogan, Nash, HBK, etc.

Edited by BrawnyCharger

19 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

What song would you have used for The KISS Demon?

It has to be a KISS song, no other choice.

Problem is, demons are supposed to be scary and the music should sorta reflect that. Kiss music isn't scary. It's all parties, romance, rock n' roll and a bit of folklore here and there. The tones of Kiss's look and their music are quite polarizing (until the 80's, when they lost the face paint. Then things synced up).

Nevertheless, if it had to be a Kiss song, one to strike fear into opponents rather than get them dancing, it would have to be off of Creatures Of The Night, their heaviest work.  Perhaps War Machine. I mean Taz looked bad ass coming down to the ring with that tune. The Demon would only amplify that.

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Problem is, demons are supposed to be scary and the music should sorta reflect that. Kiss music isn't scary. It's all parties, romance, rock n' roll and a bit of folklore here and there. The tones of Kiss's look and their music are quite polarizing (until the 80's, when they lost the face paint. Then things synced up).

Nevertheless, if it had to be a Kiss song, one to strike fear into opponents rather than get them dancing, it would have to be off of Creatures Of The Night, their heaviest work.  Perhaps War Machine. I mean Taz looked bad ass coming down to the ring with that tune. The Demon would only amplify that.

Well, I have used a more symphonic version of God Of Thunder for it, it was awesome.

The only other song I used was for my KISS stable called the Psycho Circus.

I used that song.

He is the KISS wrestler, so you can't go using themes from other artists with him, I'm quite strict about it, KISS and KISS only.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:54 AM, Denim&Venom said:

Sounds like the G1 tag league in December Is right up your alley.

So, it's a tag team style royal rumble? Awesome! :pinkie:

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

So, it's a tag team style royal rumble? Awesome! :pinkie:

More like tag team king of the ring. Except fed steroids and beefed up to 90 matches. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

More like tag team king of the ring. Except fed steroids and beefed up to 90 matches. 

90 matches that's insane! Is that over the course of a week? :confused:

Edit: My mistake you answered this already.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

90 matches that's insane! Is that over the course of a week? :confused:

Edit: My mistake you answered this already.

Doing the math again, it'd probably be closer to 50 or so matches.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 6/16/2017 at 6:14 PM, TheRockARooster said:

fictional wrestling organization on the video games,

Speaking of which, look what everyone's favorite duo from Team Four Star has been up to:

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Here's what Vince thinks of your precious 'women's revolution'

Hide contents

0dhyhxe.png

As Callie and Marie from Splatoon would put it, "...Yeah... Stay fresh, Vinnie..."

callie_and_marie_got_bored_by_aspider25-

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2