Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

29 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom @Unicorncob @Mesme Rize 

What are everyone's opinions on Will Ospreay?

IMO, from the few matches I've seen with him I think he's all flashy moves & not much else.

If anyone is willing to point me to a match where Mr. Ospreay is more than just high flying moves please feel free to tell me & thanks in advance.

I think Will is quite the athlete and he surely is a great talent. But considering Will is a few years younger then me and more broken then i am, i wonder if he will be in the ring by the time he is 30.

Shibata showed that your career can be over *snaps fingers* just like that. I don't hate Will, but he would do himself a favor by turn it down a bit, if he wants to still walk after his career.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Mesme Rize

I think I heard Jim Cornette or Dave Meltzer or someone say about Ospreay that he's 24 and

if he doesn't tone down his high risk style he won't be walking by the time that he's 34.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Mesme Rize

I think I heard Jim Cornette or Dave Meltzer or someone say about Ospreay that he's 24 and

if he doesn't tone down his high risk style he won't be walking by the time that he's 34.

Yeah Meltzer said that, i listen to his show regulary.

It's okay if you want to entertain your audience and that they cheer for you, but be careful what you are doing. I can't imagine myself being paralyzed at my 27 of age. My best years are still ahead.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Mesme Rize

Maybe, Ospreay will take a hint from someone like AJ Styles &

modify his style so that not only will his career last longer but, he also hopefully won't end up in a wheelchair or worse.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@A.V.

I just mean, it's far more likely for "former WWE Champion" Randy Orton's RKO to be more powerful in the "WWE Universe" than

"Jeff's Hardy's brother" Matt Hardy's Twist of Fate.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

9 minutes ago, A.V. said:

If Discord sculpted said totem pole from frozen crack.

I think you just described the thought process of VKM. 

14 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Mesme Rize

Maybe, Ospreay will take a hint from someone like AJ Styles &

modify his style so that not only will his career last longer but, he also hopefully won't end up in a wheelchair or worse.

18 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

Yeah Meltzer said that, i listen to his show regulary.

It's okay if you want to entertain your audience and that they cheer for you, but be careful what you are doing. I can't imagine myself being paralyzed at my 27 of age. My best years are still ahead.

Shibata's career is already f:mellow:ked thanks to head butts. Those shoudl be banned sooner than later. Daneilson, Dynamite Kid, Benoit, have all been screwed over due to head butts. And yes, like Styles, Ospray should shift his style, or he'll end up like a Dynamite Kid, a Tyson Kidd, a Hyabusa or a Droz. 

@Sparklefan1234

As to Scurl, I think he's pretty good. Subtle, wordless charisma in his actions, reminiscent of Nakamura. He's got good comedic timing, yet can turn serious at the drop of a hat w/out it seeming jarring. Plus he does a good blend of smooth British chain wrestling and theatrics. No wonder he's turning lots of heads and becoming the cool bad guy. 
I'd seek out his ROH matches over the past 6 months, especially his TV title defenses. He works w/ a variety of opponents and has good matches with all of them. 

• Brohoof 1

If you want to use a diving move, one should probably consider a splash, elbow, knee, senton or anything else. but the head is far too delicate. Who knows how much longer a number of these wrestlers' careers would have lasted had they not used the diving headbutt. Harley Race has even said that he regrets inventing the move.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Shibata's career is already f:mellow:ked thanks to head butts. Those shoudl be banned sooner than later. Daneilson, Dynamite Kid, Benoit, have all been screwed over due to head butts. And yes, like Styles, Ospray should shift his style, or he'll end up like a Dynamite Kid, a Tyson Kidd, a Hyabusa or a Droz. 

28 minutes ago, BrawnyCharger said:

If you want to use a diving move, one should probably consider a splash, elbow, knee, senton or anything else. but the head is far too delicate. Who knows how much longer a number of these wrestlers' careers would have lasted had they not used the diving headbutt. Harley Race has even said that he regrets inventing the move.

You'd think that WWE would've forced Daniel Bryan *not* to use the diving headbutt *especially* after all the bad press they recieved

following the Benoit incident.

But, they didn't, Daniel Bryan did the headbutt for years & in the end it ended up costing him the one thing he loved more than anything.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Mister Asmodeus said:

REST. IN. PEEEAAAACE.

Yeah, I like wrestling. Haven't watched for a few, though, gonna be hard to get used to Taker never coming back.

Granted, he might still cameo (e.g., "teleport" in and Chokeslam someone) every once in a while.

Just not actually wrestle.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
13 hours ago, TheRockADragon said:

I've got HVW next week and I bet it will be 1 MILLION times better than anything the McMahon Empire has done in recent years.

Sheevince McPalpatine: "I am the sports entertainment!"

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

Most of you have probably noticed that Hulk Hogan's WWE and WCW theme songs are very similar.  But just how similar?  I was thinking to myself you know, someone should do a mashup of these two songs on Youtube.  Welp, I looked and it's already out there...I was blown away by how well these tunes blend into one another. :o

• Brohoof 1

This is a very interesting listen and in my opinion a very big problem in WWE.

Alot of the wrestlers in the past where getting criticisms from the veterans. Today, you have veterans like Michael Hayes, Paul Heyman, Dean Malenko, Fit Finlay, etc. but no one seems to give a shit. The veterans who work as agents don't say anything and the wrestlers today just go to their locker rooms, just turn on their twitter accounts and read from their fans how good they are.

How is a wrestler supposed to get better, if nobody says something to them with a critical mind? You still have some active old timers in the WWE, like AJ Styles, Dustin Rhodes (Goldust), Finn Balor etc. guys who have years of experience.

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

It should be a given that the newcomers listen to the veterans imo

I mean it only makes sense

As long as those veterans aren't along the lines of Hulk Hogan or Kevin Nash, considering the way they were with the younger talent during their runs in WCW.

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, BrawnyCharger said:

As long as those veterans aren't along the lines of Hulk Hogan or Kevin Nash, considering the way they were with the younger talent during their runs in WCW.

Hogan and Nash where always opportunists. The only difference between both of them, is that Nash can be a likeable guy, while Hogan has an ego that is bigger then the Mt.Everest.

It's true that Hogan made the Wrestling buisness mainstream and i respect that. But it dosen't change the fact that i simply don't like him.

As Jim Cornette once said during a Raw show in 97 "Hulk Hogan is a relevant name in the wrestling business, but so is garbage and even that begins to stink after awhile."

• Brohoof 2

38 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

Hogan and Nash where always opportunists. The only difference between both of them, is that Nash can be a likeable guy, while Hogan has an ego that is bigger then the Mt.Everest.

It's true that Hogan made the Wrestling buisness mainstream and i respect that. But it dosen't change the fact that i simply don't like him.

As Jim Cornette once said during a Raw show in 97 "Hulk Hogan is a relevant name in the wrestling business, but so is garbage and even that begins to stink after awhile."

Backstage politics always bothered me, especially when Hogan did it

Although it did give us the Summerslam 2005 match, the best-worst thing ever

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Mesme Rize @Unicorncob

Well, no wonder WWE is in the shape it's in today!

If the newer wrestlers don't care about improving by listening to "old timers" who know what the heck they're doing then,

why are we supposed to praise them for their mediocre wrestling & promo's?!

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Mesme Rize @Unicorncob

Well, no wonder WWE is in the shape it's in today!

If the newer wrestlers don't care about improving by listening to "old timers" who know what the heck they're doing then,

why are we supposed to praise them for their mediocre wrestling & promo's!?

Not that all newcomers are like this of course, a lot of new wrestlers are rather respectful and nice

But the point still stands

Hell, some of the disrespectful ones probably don't know it was Finn Balór who founded Bullet Club

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob 

Oh, of course I'm not lumping everyone together.

I'm sure the former indy guys like Styles, Owens & Balor soak up and impart as much knowlege to the younger talent as possible, as well.

I'm referring to the NXT guys no ones ever heard of and those who are just working for a paycheck.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/2/2017 at 10:47 AM, Mesme Rize said:

while Hogan has an ego that is bigger then the Mt.Everest.

Which made it all the funnier to see him get buried at King Of The Ring 1993 as punishment for creative-controlling his way into Bret Hart and Yokozuna's spotlight at WrestleMania IX.

• Brohoof 2