Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

No G1 post today, as they butchered the editing on this weeks Youtube showing.

But we did get soemthing crazy this week: A good episode of Smackdown. 

I mean, how could it not be, when you had Shinsuke Nakamura vs. John Cena as your main event? 

Image result for cena vs nakamura

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

No G1 post today, as they butchered the editing on this weeks Youtube showing.

But we did get soemthing crazy this week: A good episode of Smackdown. 

I mean, how could it not be, when you had Shinsuke Nakamura vs. John Cena as your main event? 

8/1 Smackdown Main Event Spoilers

Spoiler

The result of the match was surprising, I didn't expect Nakamura to go over John Cena clean in their first encounter.

I guess WWE's finally realising John Cena's "time is up" & "their time is now!". :smug:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

8/1 Smackdown Main Event Spoilers

Hide contents

The result of the match was surprising, I didn't expect Nakamura to go over John Cena clean in their first encounter.

I guess WWE's finally realising John Cena's "time is up" & "their time is now!". :smug:

Spoiler

It was no Nakamura/ Ibushi, Nakamura/Tanahashi II or Nakamura/Styles, but for WWE standards, it was a very good match. Probably Shinsuke's best showing on the main roster thus far. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

Hide contents

*cough* Which isn't saying much in regards to Shinsuke.*cough*

No need to spoil this part. Yeah, Shinsuke should be wowing a bit more than he is, which makes me wonder if perhaps the 2 hour format might be damaging in it's own way. Not giving enough time for star's to show their stuff. 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

No need to spoil this part. Yeah, Shinsuke should be wowing a bit more than he is, which makes me wonder if perhaps the 2 hour format might be damaging in it's own way. Not giving enough time for star's to show their stuff. 

How do you explain Shinsuke's PPV performances failing to "wow" the IWC, then? (Dear, Celestia, I despise that term.)

Edited by Sparklefan1234

How do you explain Shinsuke's PPV performances failing to "wow" the IWC, then? (Dear, Celestia, I despise that term.)

PPVs being crammed to the gills with other matches and backstage segments? It is a different format than what Shinsuke is used to. NJPW runs a 3-4 hour show and only has 30 second breaks between matches, if that. The only matches that get recaps & promo packages are the main event and co-main event. And no commercials, whatsoever.  That spartan format leaves tons of room for the matches themselves to tell the story. Not so much with all the pomp and circumstance surrounding  (and eating up the air time) of a WWE match, which is more complimentary to a story being told, rather than being used as the medium.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

PPVs being crammed to the gills with other matches and backstage segments? It is a different format than what Shinsuke is used to. NJPW runs a 3-4 hour show and only has 30 second breaks between matches, if that. The only matches that get recaps & promo packages are the main event and co-main event. And no commercials, whatsoever.  That spartan format leaves tons of room for the matches themselves to tell the story. Not so much with all the pomp and circumstance surrounding  (and eating up the air time) of a WWE match, which is more complimentary to a story being told, rather than being used as the medium.

Do you think that WWE are saving Shinsuke/Styles for WrestleMania or do you think one of them will be on Raw after Summerslam?

Do you think that WWE are saving Shinsuke/Styles for WrestleMania or do you think one of them will be on Raw after Summerslam?

Yeah they're saving it. Styles & Shinsuke are locks to remain on SD, as they are sorta top draws. 

Unless Vince changes his mind. Again. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Yeah they're saving it. Styles & Shinsuke are locks to remain on SD, as they are sorta top draws. 

Or pretty much the only draws depending on who you ask. :P

What? K.O., Zayn, Jericho and the New Day aren't draws? 

Some people only watch for certain wrestlers.

For example, I used to only watch Raw for Trish Stratus from mid-2002 to when she retired in September 2006. :)

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Some people only watch for certain wrestlers.

For example, I used to only watch Raw for Trish Stratus from mid-2002 to when she retired in September 2006. :)

Yeah, I was the same way for Impact. What point was there in staying when Styles and Daniels and Joe and Kaz and Alex Shelly and Chris Sabin and Bobby Rhoode and Jay Lethal all left? 

Wonder what it says about me that I don't watch just for one person anymore. 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I was the same way for Impact. What point was there in staying when Styles and Daniels and Joe and Kaz and Alex Shelly and Chris Sabin and Bobby Rhoode and Jay Lethal all left? 

Add Christian to that list for me & you have the main reason why I gave up on Impact Wrestling.

Add Christian to that list for me & you have the main reason why I gave up on Impact Wrestling.

Wow. You left long time ago then. 

• Brohoof 1

Wow. You left long time ago then. 

And I don't regret it since most of the wrestlers I liked (Styles, Joe, Angle & Christian for a bit.) are/were in WWE now.

And I don't regret it since most of the wrestlers I liked (Styles, Joe, Angle & Christian for a bit.) are/were in WWE now.

Yeah, WWE/ROH/NJPW did make better use of all those that left TNA (except for Lance Archer. They botched that one), especially Christian. Cause what did he ever really do in Impact after 2007? 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Yeah, WWE/ROH/NJPW did make better use of all those that left TNA (except for Lance Archer. They botched that one), especially Christian. Cause what did he ever really do in Impact after 2007? 

When Christopher Daniels won the ROH Championship & I know it's pre-determined but,

I was really happy for him since TNA never let him have a run with the main championship.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

19 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

When Christopher Daniels won the ROH Championship & I know it's pre-determined but,

I was really happy for him since TNA never let him have a run with the main championship.

Yeah, that was a memorable moment. A highlight of the year. The greatest wrestler in the world to never win a world title (aside from Jushin Liger) , finally breaks through. I loved the part where Carry Silkin not only gave him the ROH world title, but also awarded him the classic ROH championship belt, a belt held by every cornerstone of the company, a belt many say was tailor made for Daniels, and he looked perfect with it. 

Every member of that Unbreakable triple threat you posted is now a world champion. 

Image result for AJ Styles IWGP world champion Image result for samoa joe tna world champImage result for christopher daniels roh world champion

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Unless Vince changes his mind. Again. 

Vince McMahon: "I'm not pulling stuff out of my @$$; I'm... uh... playing Xanatos Speed Chess with you all -- yeah, that's it!"

Edited by A.V.

Every member of that Unbreakable triple threat you posted is now a world champion. 

Image result for AJ Styles IWGP world champion Image result for samoa joe tna world champImage result for christopher daniels roh world champion

Awesome!

Hopefully, Samoa Joe will become WWE Champion & we can add his picture next to AJ's, too, someday. :rarity:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

4 minutes ago, Penguinbrony24 said:

There's no doubt in my mind that Samoa Joe will be a WWE champion at somepoint. Whether it be at Summerslam, or further down the road, Samoa Joe is TOO good to not be a WWE champion.

I agree 100%! 

If Samoa Joe doesn't win the WWE/Universal Championship this year hopefully, he'll win the Royal Rumble &

challenge for the championship of whichever show he's on at WrestleMania.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1