Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

I think i will finally buy a subscription for NJPW world next month, since they finally got a paypal option for us gaijins. :P

I want to support the best wrestling company right now and that would be a good way. It's a good way to be up to date, they have lots of classic stuff all the way back to the 70s (god, inoki was such a mark), AND it's even 4 euros cheaper for me then the WWE Network.

• Brohoof 1

@Denim&Venom @Mesme Rize 

"If you could go back in time & be in the crowd for *any* classic wrestling match which match

would you choose?"

I would want to be in the crowd for Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock

at WrestleMania X7 due to how shocking it must have been to witness

the face of the "Attitude Era" turn heel & align with his most hated rival Mr. McMahon.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom @Mesme Rize 

"If you could go back in time & be in the crowd for *any* classic wrestling match which match would you choose?"

I would want to be in the crowd for Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock at WrestleMania X7 

due to how shocking it must have been to witness the face of the "Attitude Era" turn heel &

align with his most hated rival Mr. McMahon.

That's a tough one, considering that there have been so many great moments in wrestling history.

I think i would like to be at Madison Square Garden at the WWWF title match between Bruno Sammartino and Ivan Koloff, where Koloff won the title. Bruno was champ for 8 years and i heard people where so quiet and i also heard of Lou Albano, who was the manager of Koloff at the time, trying to run away from fans through a window, because he was afraid they would kill him.

These where truly different times. :P

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Mesme Rize said:

Lou Albano, who was the manager of Koloff at the time, trying to run away from fans through a window,

Did Lou Albano cost Bruno Sammartino the WWWF Championship?

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Did Lou Albano cost Bruno Sammartino the WWWF Championship?

No, Koloff actually won it fair and square through a knee drop from the top rope. Albano was just the most hated manager at the time and Bruno was like a hero to everyone in the New York Territory.

The people where just so blinded with rage.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

The people where just so blinded with rage.

Like, how people hated Classy Freddie Blassie because, he was so good at getting heat from the crowd. 

There aren't any managers in WWE that can get that kind of heat, nowadays.

People chant the "My name is Paul Heyman." thing so he doesn't get good heat either.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

I've got two. I would have loved to have been at Wembley Stadium for Summerslam 1992 and seeing the Bret/Bulldog match for the Intercontinental Championship and being part of that huge pop when the Bulldog won the belt. 

The second. I would have loved to have attended the Canadian Stampede and seeing the Hart Foundation win in their hometown.

• Brohoof 2

Like, how people hated Classy Freddie Blassie because, he was so good at getting heat from the crowd. 

There aren't any managers in WWE that can get that kind of heat, nowadays.

People chant the "My name is Paul Heyman." thing so he doesn't get good heat either.

Blassie was also very hated yes. Blassie actually was almost killed in the 70s by a knive. That's how much heat heels back then got.

Well, Managers these days are pretty much dead. Paul is like part of an extinct breed and while he is really good at the mic, he will never get the heat of an Albano, Blessie or Heenan, because people just know of all the in and outside of the wrestling business and the internet helps too in that regard.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

he will never get the heat of an Albano, Blessie or Heenan

Bobby Heenan was one of those once in a lifetime wrestling personalities who could make you hate him one minute &

love him the next because, he was so entertaining, funny & 

willing to make himself look ridiculous with the purpose of making the fans happy.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Bobby Heenan was one of those once in a lifetime wrestling personalities who could make you hate him one minute &

love him the next because,he was so entertaining, funny &

willing to make himself look ridiculous for the purpose of making the fans happy.

Bobby was the total package. Entertaining, heelish, totally hilarious, great on commentary, great on the mic and he was probably Hogans biggest enemy during the Hulkamania era. He was almost like a cartoon villain, always finding a new guy that will kill Hulkamania for him. :P

Also, him commentating the rumble match in 92 where Ric Flair won the title, was one of the best commentationg performances ever. Everytime flair was close to elimination, it sounded like he has a heart attack. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom @Mesme Rize 

"If you could go back in time & be in the crowd for *any* classic wrestling match which match

would you choose?"

I would want to be in the crowd for Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock

at WrestleMania X7 due to how shocking it must have been to witness

the face of the "Attitude Era" turn heel & align with his most hated rival Mr. McMahon.

Oh so many choices. There's the '94 BOTSJ tournament, punk vs. Joe II, either of the styles, Joe, daniels matches, or RVD/ Lynn in ECW.

But I think I'll go back to a match that never made air. A wwe live event match: Eddie guerrero vs. The undertaker.

• Brohoof 1

So here's a unique topic: wrestling related dreams. Ever had any?

The only ones I remember, were meeting triple H and Stephanie on the side of the road. He aged really fast until he started looking like Kevin Nash. I told him "you look older than I expected." He wasn't too happy abut that. 

The second one was me wondering a convention hall, when on one of the plasma screens they have posted to the walls, the started airing Bryan Danielson vs. Shinsuke Nakamura. It was a literal dream match. 

And just last night, I dreamt that one of my human OCs invented a new wrestling hold. It was like a cross-face chicken wing, but instead of the chin lock part, it was actually a dragon sleeper. A chicken wing and a dragon sleeper. 

A cross-face dragon wing! 

Your turn. 

• Brohoof 1

Last year I dreamed that I tried to do a frankensteiner on Kane. Instead he just tombstoned me from the second rope and the match was over.

Edited by azbat
  • Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

And just last night, I dreamt that one of my human OCs invented a new wrestling hold. It was like a cross-face chicken wing, but instead of the chin lock part, it was actually a dragon sleeper. A chicken wing and a dragon sleeper. 

A cross-face dragon wing! 

I read this & it got me wondering if anyone has ever performed this move. 

If Jamie Noble hooked Paul London's arm in the Chicken Wing position this would be pretty close.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I read this & it got me wondering if anyone has ever performed this move. 

If Jamie Noble hooked Paul London's arm in the Chicken Wing position this would be pretty close.

Reminds me of Masato Tanaka's & Hiroyoshi Tenzan's buffalo sleeper. Can't find any footage of it and have only seen it done in the early games. 

• Brohoof 1

On 10/9/2017 at 0:50 PM, Denim&Venom said:

The only ones I remember, were meeting triple H and Stephanie on the side of the road. He aged really fast until he started looking like Kevin Nash. I told him "you look older than I expected." He wasn't too happy abut that. 

Triple H getting angry? I've *never* seen that happen. :smug:

He looks like an angry fish in this gif, IMO. ^_^

RbgYhzI.gif

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

New episode of Being The Elite!

I wonder who edits these videos? Also, Marty Scrull's "father's" cameo was an unexpected surprise. ^_^

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

AVGN recently made a new episode -- it's about, you guessed it, "Wrestling Games."

What's uncanny is that at one point, he (naturally) cusses Vince McMahon for "selling out" (i.e., letting LJN -- of all people -- produce most of the WWF games for the NES)... yeah, Nerd, that's an understatement these days.

• Brohoof 1

Breaking news on TLC.

Reigns and Wyatt are off the show due to viral meningitis. We here a MLPF wish them and the other infected wrestlers a speedy recovery.  

Thus the shield reunion and balor/wyatt matches have been scrapped. But what's taking their places is even crazier.

Kurt Angle is making his in ring return, joining Death against Miz, The Bar, and the monsters among men in a TLC match. Heck of a substitute. 

But who is balor now gonna face? Well, none other than AJ Styles! We are getting a clash of former Bullet Club leaders. This match may very well steal the show. 

• Brohoof 1