Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

So here's a question. What high impact non- finishers and signiture moves from today or the last 5 years would be considered finisher moves in the 90s? (finishers that are now signitures or ordinary moves don't count IE: piledrivers, powerbombs, DDTs, cutters, etc.)

For example, I think the following would've been good new generation/ attitude Era finishers:

-roman reings one arm power bomb

-baron corbins deep six

-ray rowes ace ten mao

-sheamus's crucifix back breaker

-nakamuras reverse exploder

I think the old Tye Breaker/Fireman's Carry Neckbreaker looks pretty cool, TBH. 

Does that count since Tye Dillinger doesn't perform the move the same way anymore?

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think the old Tye Breaker/Fireman's Carry Neckbreaker looks pretty cool, TBH. 

Does that count since Tye Dillinger doesn't perform the move the same way anymore?

Talking about the ushi garoshi (think that's how it's spelled). Same moved used by Styles and Hirooki Goto. Yeah, i'd say that works.

Since I couldn't finish my list before break i'll throw in:

-Cena's half Nelson neck breaker

-Orton's inverted back breaker and Canadian rack neck breaker.

-Abyss's military press flap jack

-Styles torture rack bomb.

-pretty much half of kevin Owens offence (spiral fisherman's superplex, sleeper suplex, etc)

• Brohoof 1

On 11/2/2017 at 6:04 PM, Denim&Venom said:

We can complain all we want, but nothing is changing. For WWE, business is booming.

Despite the poor booking, dull matches and the overabundance of the McMahons, WWE has kept the attention of over 2 million people each week for 20 years. They have over a million subbed to the network. Merchandise is being moved. Ticket sales are healthy. And most importantly, they are getting fixed income from the USA network, regardless of the critical reception. 

It's lousy, but WWE are making a fortune. Stephanie may not be helping the bottom line, but she isn't exactly hurting it either. 

Begrudgingly true.

That being said, let me paraphrase Linkara (specifically his final verdict on Holy Terror): "I am an advocate of free speech; I do not deny WWE the right to book this... stuff... nor do I deny others the right to watch it if they so choose. However, this TV belongs to me; it is my property, and I have decided that I do not want Stephanie McMahon on my screen any longer." *Changes the channel whenever she's on.*

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, [[-VeNoM-]] said:

I knew that eventually, Team Red would retaliate against Team Blue. This has to be the best revenge segment ever IMO.

Where was AJ Styles during all this mayhem?

tumblr_inline_oze1u80CdE1rd0c4b_540.gif

Looks like Hunter delivered the first universally approved burial in his career. :P

Let's be honest, nothing against Jason, but the whole storyline with him and Kurt flatout sucked. Give him a better gimmick and turn him heel.

5YoGs.gif

• Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

Let's be honest, nothing against Jason, but the whole storyline with him and Kurt flatout sucked.

Said storyline reminds me of Courage The Cowardly Dog; they're both in the middle of NOWHERE.

51 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

5YoGs.gif

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Well here's a fun bit of news.

This is what happens when you don't study up on your audience WWE. ^_^

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

This is what happens when you don't study up on your audience WWE. ^_^

From the sounds of things, it's not so much Jinder (though that's probably a big factor) as the exorbitant ticket prices. 

• Brohoof 1

New Japan is apparently looking at their most successful year, since 1997.

I freaking love it. Their good promoting and in ring product is paying off, especially with the expanding to the american market.

Another source also claims, that the Dome show tickets sell really good. Some expect that they will have 40000 people in it. :D

Let it rain baby.

tumblr_osq4gw3zhO1wtznr4o1_500.gif

16 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Well here's a fun bit of news.

You know that big India tour? The one WWE fabricated Jinder Mahal for in order to boost ticket sales? 

So basically, that whole 6 months of booking Mahal as a top tier champion and burying Baron Corbin in the process, was totally pointless.

• Brohoof 2

20 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

New Japan is apparently looking at their most successful year, since 1997.

I freaking love it. Their good promoting and in ring product is paying off, especially with the expanding to the american market.

Another source also claims, that the Dome show tickets sell really good. Some expect that they will have 40000 people in it. :D

Let it rain baby.

tumblr_osq4gw3zhO1wtznr4o1_500.gif

Good for you, NJPW!

I hope that you, ROH, etc., continue being what TNA once was: viable alternatives to WWE-opoly.

20 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

So basically, that whole 6 months of booking Mahal as a top tier champion and burying Baron Corbin in the process, was totally pointless.

1024px-Time_Magazine_logo.svg.png

Edited by A.V.

34 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

From the sounds of things, it's not so much Jinder (though that's probably a big factor) as the exorbitant ticket prices. 

What I bolded was what I was referring to. :)

I do feel bad though, as I initally was pro Jinder Mahal since he was a new face in the main event scene of WWE. 

Unfortunately, for both Jinder & WWE his push ended up being a waste of time.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Anybody excited for Takeover: Wargames tonight?

Wargames is my favorite Gimmick match in the old WCW, some are even considered the best WCW matches ever. I am really surprised WWE took so long to consider bringing it back.

Other then that, I think Mcintyre will retain and Kairi Sane will win the vacant Womens title.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Mesme Rize said:

Anybody excited for Takeover: Wargames tonight?

Wargames is my favorite Gimmick match in the old WCW, some are even considered the best WCW matches ever. I am really surprised WWE took so long to consider bringing it back.

Other then that, I think Mcintyre will retain and Kairi Sane will win the vacant Womens title.

I wonder if WWE will copy WCW's Wargames match exactly or if it will be different somehow. :huh:

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I wonder if WWE will copy WCW's Wargames match exactly or if it will be different somehow. :huh:

Here is the thing. If they do replicate Wargames as it used to be, they need 2 rings.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Vocal Analyst said:

They've removed the roof from the cell... that's the major difference.

Just now, Mesme Rize said:

Here is the thing. If they do replicate Wargames as it used to be, they need 2 rings.

They should've just made it a normal tornado tag match, IMO. :P

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

They should've just made it a normal tornado tag match, IMO. :P

Nah, it's still good even with the roof gone. You can't compare a normal tornado with the wargames, as the only way to win it is to make your opponent submit. Pinfalls don't count.

• Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

Nah, it's still good even with the roof gone. You can't compare a normal tornado with the wargames, as the only way to win it is to make your opponent submit. Pinfalls don't count.

These are WWE's Wargames rules & it looks like pinfalls do count.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/11/2/16598974/wwe-announces-official-wargames-match-rules-for-nxt-takeover

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Okay, this actually kinda stupid. Those cages sound kinda pointless and the inclusion of pinfalls just dosen't click for me.

Wargames was promoted like a real war and wars are only won when the enemy surrenders.

I still think it will be good on it's own terms and the fact that they will have 2 rings for the event, which will probably come into play, makes me still curious what they do with it.

• Brohoof 1