Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

33 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Hey, guess what finally beat out Rick And Morty as the highest selling T-shirt at Hot TOpic?

You had *one* job, Morty! :okiedokieloki:

Anyway, I wonder how many people who buy those shirts know *any* members of BC

besides Cody Rhodes, Finn Balor & AJ Styles?

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

You had *one* job, Morty! :okiedokieloki:

Anyway, I wonder how many people who buy those shirts know *any* members of BC

besides Cody Rhodes, Finn Balor & AJ Styles?

Wonder how many of them know that Bullet Club is actually a wrestling group? 

But it's one of those things that might not matter in the long run.

NJPW and all it's great talent are making boat loads of cash. WWE's monopoly is under threat. We have the highest sale of wrestling merch since the nWo. And arguably most importantly, wrestling fans now have merchandise that isn't comical, cringe inducing or simply uninspired. Bullet Club have transcended wrestling merch. They've now made what amounts to a cool clothing brand that appeals to people outside of wrestling. It's less competing w/ all the What?, Austin 3:16, DX and nWo shirts, and more competing w/ clothing lines like Fox Riders, Vans, Tap Out, Affliction, & Metal Mulisha. 

No, the BC aren't quite on their level yet, but they're a lot closer than WWE or WCW are ever gonna get. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

No, the BC aren't quite on their level yet, but they're a lot closer than WWE or WCW are ever gonna get. 

Which is why WWE is trying to stop them at all costs. 

WWE C&D'd the "Too Sweet" gesture to put on their merch,  they have a stable called "The Club" & they've made "Balor Club" T-shirts

so, they can cash in on BC popularity without the WWE fans realizing it.

9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Which is why WWE is trying to stop them at all costs. 

WWE C&D'd the "Too Sweet" gesture to put on their merch,  they have a stable called "The Club" & they've made "Balor Club" T-shirts

so, they can cash in on BC popularity without the WWE fans realizing it.

And look at how well that's working out so well. The club are jobbers. Balor is being relegated to the mid-card, and all of WWE's legal disputes have only brought more attention to the Bullet Club. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

And look at how well that's working out so well. The club are jobbers. Balor is being relegated to the mid-card, and all of WWE's legal disputes have only brought more attention to the Bullet Club. 

*Sarcasm*

But, they own "2 Sw33t!" so, clearly, they've won. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

I can't believe people actually like that lame excuse for a taunt. (Just my opinion.)

mlp-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%81

Well it was either that or have Matt and Nick bankrupt themselves over court fees. 

Yeah, WWE may have won, but it's a Pyrrhic victory. The young bucks have side stepped the issue, and WWE has just given them more attention. 

Personally I would've gone with "3 Sw33t!"

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

Well it was either that or have Matt and Nick bankrupt themselves over court fees. 

Yeah, WWE may have won, but it's a Pyrrhic victory. The young bucks have side stepped the issue, and WWE has just given them more attention. 

Personally I would've gone with "3 Sw33t!"

I would have tried to come up with something completly new and different if I were them but,

I can understand why they decided to go with a modified "too sweet" since they've been using that for a long time.

• Brohoof 1

Peering in to see what's being discussed.

I'm disappointed by the lack of World Tag League 2017 talk. I understand, but I'm still disappointed.

Group A:

Bad Luck Fale+Chase Owens(4)

Juice Robinson+Sami Callihan(4)

Hangman Page+Yujiro Takahashi(4)

Hiroyoshi Tenzan+Satoshi Kojima(4)

Hirooki Goto+YOSHI-HASHI(2)

Minoru Suzuki+Takashi Iizuka(2)

EVIL+SANADA(2)

Yuji Nagata+Manabu Nakanishi(2)

Group B:

Lance Archer+Davey Boy Smith Jr(6)

Hanson+Raymond Rowe(4)

Beretta+Chuckie T(4)

Jeff Cobb+Michael Elgin(4)

Tama Tonga+Tanga Loa(4)

Tomohiro Ishii+Toru Yano(2)

David Finlay+Katsuya Kitamura(0)

Henare+Togi Makabe(0)

I expect EVIL and SANADA to rise up soon and probably run all the way to the finals against either KES, War Machine, or GoD. KES won't win the league, unless they're going to build some random multi-tag match again. I feel like KES might just run to the finals and lose to build a random team.

Waiting for Best Friends and Death Juice to fall apart soon, NJPW usually has that happen around the midpoint of the league.

Also, I feel like Henare and Togi Makabe might get 0 points as Henare loses to everyone, because NJPW LOVES Kitamura.

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, Tommyspud said:

Peering in to see what's being discussed.

I'm disappointed by the lack of World Tag League 2017 talk. I understand, but I'm still disappointed.

Group A:

Bad Luck Fale+Chase Owens(4)

Juice Robinson+Sami Callihan(4)

Hangman Page+Yujiro Takahashi(4)

Hiroyoshi Tenzan+Satoshi Kojima(4)

Hirooki Goto+YOSHI-HASHI(2)

Minoru Suzuki+Takashi Iizuka(2)

EVIL+SANADA(2)

Yuji Nagata+Manabu Nakanishi(2)

Group B:

Lance Archer+Davey Boy Smith Jr(6)

Hanson+Raymond Rowe(4)

Beretta+Chuckie T(4)

Jeff Cobb+Michael Elgin(4)

Tama Tonga+Tanga Loa(4)

Tomohiro Ishii+Toru Yano(2)

David Finlay+Katsuya Kitamura(0)

Henare+Togi Makabe(0)

I expect EVIL and SANADA to rise up soon and probably run all the way to the finals against either KES, War Machine, or GoD. KES won't win the league, unless they're going to build some random multi-tag match again. I feel like KES might just run to the finals and lose to build a random team.

Waiting for Best Friends and Death Juice to fall apart soon, NJPW usually has that happen around the midpoint of the league.

Also, I feel like Henare and Togi Makabe might get 0 points as Henare loses to everyone, because NJPW LOVES Kitamura.

I mentioned it in the last page. Just wasn't sure when was a good time to bring it up. 

I don't think LIJ are gonna make the finals cause they still have to defend the NEVER 6 man titles at WK, and I don't think New Japan is gonna double book them. 

I doubt they're gonna break up Death Juice as they're a very distinctive tag match that could be Juices ticket to finally winning some gold. The tricky part is Sami Calahan. Do they want to award a championship to a new comer so fast, even if he does form a goof team w/ one of their fan favorites? I can see them sticking around and becoming eventual challengers. Cause NJPW has been doing a lot of things right, but their tag division is not one of them.

Half the teams in this are Sempai/Kohai pairings or obligatory faction team ups. Not many credible regular tag teams involved. Look back at the tag title matches throughout the Destruction tour and King Of Pro-Wrestling. If you're showing the same combination of teams four times in a month, you may need to reevaluate things. 

I'm predicting a final between Death Juice against Elgin/Cobb. Barring that, it'll be the former against KES or the latter against one of the Bullet Club teams. 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I mentioned it in the last page. Just wasn't sure when was a good time to bring it up. 

I don't think LIJ are gonna make the finals cause they still have to defend the NEVER 6 man titles at WK, and I don't think New Japan is gonna double book them. 

I doubt they're gonna break up Death Juice as they're a very distinctive tag match that could be Juices ticket to finally winning some gold. The tricky part is Sami Calahan. Do they want to award a championship to a new comer so fast, even if he does form a goof team w/ one of their fan favorites? I can see them sticking around and becoming eventual challengers. Cause NJPW has been doing a lot of things right, but their tag division is not one of them.

Half the teams in this are Sempai/Kohai pairings or obligatory faction team ups. Not many credible regular tag teams involved. Look back at the tag title matches throughout the Destruction tour and King Of Pro-Wrestling. If you're showing the same combination of teams four times in a month, you may need to reevaluate things. 

I'm predicting a final between Death Juice against Elgin/Cobb. Barring that, it'll be the former against KES or the latter against one of the Bullet Club teams. 

I don't mean breakup, I mean they'll hit a string of losses, like every 'major' new team that seems to come in. If you start hot, unless you're the IWGP Tag Champs, you're 90% likely to crash and burn.

And there's still a lot of shows between now and the Tokyo Dome, EVIL/SANADA can still win, drop the titles during the Road to Tokyo Dome tour, or just straight up Vacate them.

Or they can just be you know... not defended.

And the tag division is looking better than it was 1/2 years ago, KES is back and are the deserving champions, GoD's there to help build, you have Tencozy and GBH(When Honma's back) that can still go. Not to mention War Machine, EVIL/SANADA, and Yano/Ishii's random pairing.

Also, Destruction is a B-Event, has been for the longest time, and I think the three matches fits well considering War Machine just wanted to fight more, KES wanted the belts and to kill everyone, and Tama's a smug jerk.

Edited by Tommyspud

7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Does this mean the "broken" gimmick could *finally* be making it's way to WWE television soon?

Who knows, Matt's been kinda doing both broken and his regular thing through WWE.

He might default to version 1.0 soon for the laughs.

Anyways, I don't know, I'm debating doing wrestling related stuff(Besides what I currently do), like going back and fully running a fantasy company or whatever, like I used to do a couple years back on a wrestling forum.

• Brohoof 1

Depends. If I can be any height or size, I'd do Tiger Mask W's Last Ride Tiger Driver.

If it's just me as I am but more athletic, it would be Hiroyoshi Tenzan's Anaconda Cross

And if I can use made up moves, I'd use a flatliner, but have the far arm hammer locked behind the opponent as I hit it. 

• Brohoof 2

Quite frankly, I can't decide yet; there's too many good finishers out there.

However, in terms of my overall repertoire, one must-have would be the Ankle Lock -- specifically the grounded version:

5-2-2013+9-07-58+PM.jpg

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

@Sparklefan1234

Probably the crippler crossface, or yes-lock as some people call it these days. I always liked submission wrestling, because a tapout always seemed so much sweeter then a pinfall victory.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

@Sparklefan1234

Probably the crippler crossface, or yes-lock as some people call it these days. I always liked submission wrestling, because a tapout always seemed so much sweeter then a pinfall victory.

If I had to use a submission finisher it would be the Regal Stretch.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

If I had to use a submission finisher it would be the Regal Stretch.

Can't believe I forgot that one.

Looks infinitely more devastating than Cena's version.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2