Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Antiheroes in MLP?

MysticShine

I think Discord in the season 4 premiere is as close as it gets, and that was very much not a typical anti-hero. I think it'd be pretty interesting to have one though as long as it's done well. That or the "well-intentioned extremist" villain who believes the ends justify the means to prevent catastrophe.

Huh, actually, Starswirl could make a great either one, if they wanted to write him that way.

• Brohoof 5

Luna's the only one who could really fit the bill, but unless we get some prequel episodes (the season 4 premier doesn't really count), which I I highly doubt, it's probable that we won't get to see that side of her.

You might call Rainbow Dash in Mare Do Well an antihero, but aside from that there really isn't one in this show.

I don't see one in the show. Only protagonists and antagonists.

Really? With how well they pulled off Lightning Dust as a foil and Discord as... whatever he was, I think more ambiguous "hero/villain" status is to be expected.

We don't have one, although it would be really nice. Discord is a hero now and not an anti hero, but maybe this new S5 villain could be a well intentioned villain. Other options include Starswirl and Scorpan, but they could work equally as well as traditional good guys.

There isn't one, but we need one. Maybe Starswirl or Scorpan? Just a thought. Although part of me wants to see them as traditional heroes, and the world anti hero is quite blurred. Do you mean like Han Solo? Or like Hannibal Lecter? If it's the former then I'm all for these characters being like this, if it's the latter, not so much.

I see Rainbow Dash as a kind of anti-hero.  While she is certainly good, I have noticed that many people here try to find flaws in her personality, flaws that would make her look bad.  If she is indeed a selfish show off, then she could be an anti-hero.