89 users have voted

1. 1. What color/s is this dress?

• White
    • Blue
    • Black
    • Gold
    • Brown
    • Other

No matter how I look at it, the main colors I can detect are a very dark-ish gold and white with a slight bit of blue mixed in. But yeah, the lighting effects can make a huge difference as well as the colors in relation. If you were to put them differently, it might look like a different color as well.

• Brohoof 1

It's actually a blue and black dress. The first time I saw it, I thought it was light blue and brownish-gold. I can kinda see the gold, but I just can't see it as being white.

I've heard that people who are sensitive to light (such as myself) and can see better at night are able to see the blue and black. I'm not sure how true this is, though. It would make sense considering that I need sunglasses every time I go outside during a sunny afternoon.

• Brohoof 1

White and gold. Sick of these damn arguments.

I wouldnt say arguments, i would say debates, i love how so many theories are created because of this :P

Edited by DESTINY
Removed off topic statement.
  • Brohoof 1

Well, it depends on the lighting, which is why it appears differently.

True, but the actual dress is black + blue, despite the lighting.

I can't even see it as white + gold either way though. : /

• Brohoof 1

Hang on.

This is turning into an argument?

Are you fucking serious? People are getting worked up over what colour a stupid dress is on the internet? I thought this was just like a fun little "What do you see?" thing. I guess not.

• Brohoof 7

It's "Learn not to take such a badly backlit photograph!" colour.

Seriously, every type of wireless device has a camera on it these days, not having some basic photographic skill when you can see the result instantaneously is no longer an option!

• Brohoof 1

It's definitely our eyes. When I clicked on this thread, it looked white and gold. but then I started reading the comments and looking at other sites, and checked again it was blue and black.

• Brohoof 1