Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Celestia & Luna(Thoughts?)

Tom Snyder

I've never seen much of these two since season 2, which is really disappointing. Now it seems like they just wan to drop them, first was derpy, who i loved with the original voice. But luna's change of voice was awful. What happened to the original?

Do you mean when she looked like a filly? Or are you saying that they have changed a voice actress for Luna? 

I guess they are just letting other ponies shine (new ones and the main cast). 

Well, part of the problem is just lack of time.  They've got the Mane 6, the CMCs, & Spike.  Then everyone wants their favorites Derpy, Big Mac & Granny, Zecora, etc.  There are only 26 episodes & just so much time for subplots. 

Still, it is my understanding that Luna gets an episode this season where she fights a nightmare & there will be at least 1 episode devoted to the lesser characters, so here's hoping.

• Brohoof 2

The voice change for Luna is obvious on why they changed it.. She was young, and they changed her voice because shes "growing up".. You dont sound the same now as you did when you were younger right? It makes sense why they did that.

Though, I think they could get Zecora and alot of the fan favs into the show more often.. Id like to see Zecora and Big Mac become an item, and get Cherilee thing out of here

What do you guys think Luna was up to during the 1st season? I would be curious as to what they had her doing as a filly.

Luna was weak during the whole season. She needed time to grow again and get her powers back.

Edited by Jeric
removed quote and response

Luna was weak during the whole season. She needed time to grow again and get her powers back.

That's an interesting headcanon, that would explain why her appearance changed in season 2. :D

• Brohoof 1

That's an interesting headcanon, that would explain why her appearance changed in season 2. :D

I think it's something that Faust said, after alot of people asked why she was big all of a sudden in Luna eclipsed. She probably made it up very quick, but it sounds good for me.

• Brohoof 1

Indeed, i think too that she was mainly recovering from the whole Nightmare Moon fiasco, and maybe learning about how the world changed in those thousand years.(Like in the Nightmare Night episode, she wanted to learn more and interact with others.)

• Brohoof 1

Celestia and Luna are two characters with a buckton of potential. But McCarthy doesn't really seem to know what to do with them.

On Luna's change. I recall Lauren also mentioning at one point that Luna isn't a fully grown alicorn. And it seems she was in the Nightmare Moon state for 1,000 years, so her natural form probably was in like a frozen state and didn't age. I like to think that she's technically the teenager equivalent of whatever race she and her sister are. And if we add in the Journal of the Two Sisters book by AKR, it mentions that whatever they are take much longer to mature into full adulthood than normal ponies.

I really want to learn more about Luna and Celestia. 

There is so much that we don't know.

Yeah, you got to remember Luna just got blasted from being Nightmare Moon & released from 1000 years of prison.  She was probably in therapy.  It would be a lot like humans experience after being kidnapped or taken hostage.  +study, she's got 1000 years of history to catch up on (At the time of Luna Eclipsed, she is still obviously a work in progress.  Much improved by the time of For whom the Sweetie Belle Toils)