Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This has been bothering me for a while

Happy Spark is King

While I'm not that bothered about them wearing skirts I am a little bothered about their outfits all following a certain guideline and just looking extremely similar to each other. I know a simple art style has been FiM's thing since the beginning, but is that really an excuse for such a limited wardrobe? Especially on your main characters.

Maybe they just didn't want them standing out too much from all the background characters and so rather then have to potentially design unique outfits for everyone they compromised and just gave everyone the same base outfit, making minor adjustments based on their pony-selves. Even Sunset Shimmer, who I felt as the villain should've really been made stand out, was just given a generic "rough looking" leather jacket.

And yeah, what were they thinking giving everyone boots? It looks really model-ish, like they're all heading to a magazine cover shoot or something.

I'm quite honestly amazed Rarity let's this all slide. post-30925-0-70842300-1430051743.png

• Brohoof 1

probably because it would be really hard to make pants that fit the dolls LOL they have huge boots and super skinny legs, it would be a nightmare putting pants on a toy like that in manufacturing

i honestly don't mind but those freakshly long legs of Celstia and Luna etc stll bug me, i dont mind the skirts though.

They have to make Celestia and Luna Giants somehow, and I think they figure that longer legs would look more feminine than outright giant Women.

Though seriously, they have to be over 7' tall unless all the girls at that highschool at 4' midgets.

Well you got to wonder about those boots then. Who's making this stuff and, more importantly, where'd they get it? Answer: Rarity.  :D

She's spammed capes and Gala dresses as a pony. Why not skirts, boots and everything else as a human?

Alright, alright. I'll be serious. It does make sense for the girls to have more variety in their apparel. But as cool as Hasbro has been, they still pull typical stuff with the show (i.e. girls = skirts). I'm not going to say RD would not wear a skirt if that was an option for her. But what I would say is that if the show were more realistic, there would definitely be major variety in the apparel. Outside of mandated uniforms, I've never seen friends dress so similar (unless they were in some crazy clique thing but that's another story).

Source: real life experience.

A better question: Since its apparently canon that Sunset shimmer is a hobo that lives in the library like a creepy homeless girl, where the hell does she get all HER clothes? And cellphones?!

866643__safe_equestria+girls_sunset+shim

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not that bothered by all the mane six wearing skirts. Hasbro only does this to make cheaply made dolls.

Edited by Sommar

They have to make Celestia and Luna Giants somehow, and I think they figure that longer legs would look more feminine than outright giant Women.

Though seriously, they have to be over 7' tall unless all the girls at that highschool at 4' midgets.

A better question: Since its apparently canon that Sunset shimmer is a hobo that lives in the library like a creepy homeless girl, where the hell does she get all HER clothes? And cellphones?!

img-3704332-1-866643__safe_equestria%20g

Her friends don't like to talk about it, but when Sunset Shimmer was evil, she killed the original Sunset from that world and took her place. Besides, if Sunset lived in the library, wouldn't Twilight have noticed when she spent the night there?

I always did find that kind of odd. I mean girls wear skirts but I don't think Rainbowdash, if she were a real person, would wear one unless forced to. I picture her wearing cargo pants or mesh shorts. In the first film I think Celestia and Luna were the only females not wearing a dress or skirt. To be fair I kind of like when women wear dresses and skirts, and wish they would wear them more often, but I just don't think the ratio of skirts to pants is accurate to real life. Sure, it is true that women wear them sometimes, but jeans are a much more common fashion choice among them in the real world. I honestly contemplated whether Equestria Girls is sexist for that reason.

However, in Rainbow Rocks I saw a couple pairs of pants being worn by women and I think at least a couple of the Dazzlings in particular sported pants and/or shorts at one point. Such madness! Next thing you know they will start voting! :P In all due seriousness though it doesn't bother me that much since it's also a world where everyone looks like Doug rejects, and they have to sell dolls which is probably the real reason the mane six and Sunset Shimmer all wear skirts along with most of the rest of the female cast in EQG.

lol Doug rejects,to funny