Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

dark Harold's Fanfiction and Whatnot

HaroldGenhi

The Story of Eyn Spyyr:

Back when I first became a brony, I wrote two fanfictions (original and a sequel) that were generally in the style of my previous writings, dark and with what I hope to be a nice amount of suspense. I'm basically pulling this fanfiction out of my archives and blowing off the dust and cobwebs because they are more than a year old and they also lack a bit in the grammar department. Anyway, I don't have the original chapter sets with me, but I did post these onto FiMFiction and I hope it's fine if I just give a link to both of the stories here. I will admit that they are generally dark with Everything Ends... being exceptionally dark so be warned about that one. There was to be a third installment in this series, but honestly, my interest wavered out and I never finished it.

In the Background:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/2146/in-the-background

--and--

Everything Ends...:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/12089/everything-ends

It would be up to you if you would want to delve into these relics and wade through shoddy writing of myself a year or so ago. People liked it somewhat then, it still might be of interest to others. Who knows?

Again, if this format is unacceptable, I can change it to fit the proper format.

---

And speaking of fanfiction, I am in the process of writing a new one that isn't dark and is basically going to be a heavy amount of fluff. The only issue being is that I don't have the motivation to finish it right now and it is only a few chapters long and shared nowhere. If I ever did finish it, I would update it onto here in case there would be an interest in reading it. The general plot is the starting relationship between Octavia and Vinyl Scratch (I ship them, I admit it). It is a very clean story of just how the relationship started with some allusions to a backstory.

Edited by HaroldGenhi
  • Brohoof 1

I'm sure you will do fine, I'm still trying to learn where to place the proper tenses, and put more detail into some of my characters.

How I look at things for the detail is a painting. You have to describe to the reader your world so that they can see what you see. I haven't read your fanfiction, so all I know your writings are vastly superior to mine, but that is still how I look at it. Other than that, reading fanfictions of people who have a superior ability in terms of detail would help. One of the best means of learning how to write is to read other's works.

As for tense issues, I've never really had that problem and maintain a past tense in my stories. I tend to be generally terrible at a present tense story. So take that how you will.

I wouldn't say i'm that good, but i'm constantly trying to improve on it. I can do both pretty good now; but i do slip up on occasion; many do. So just saying and i meant no disrespect. I had Dizzy Daze teach me through correcting anything i did, and she pointed them out by being brutally honest with me, because i asked her to not hold back on me. But its fine if you wish to write that way, i'm sure many do have trouble getting the details down.

I don't know if anyone ever said this to you, but your username there sounds like the word "Inspire". if that was the intention, its pretty creative.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wouldn't say i'm that good, but i'm constantly trying to improve on it. I can do both pretty good now; but i do slip up on occasion; many do. So just saying and i meant no disrespect. I had Dizzy Daze teach me through correcting anything i did, and she pointed them out by being brutally honest with me, because i asked her to not hold back on me. But its fine if you wish to write that way, i'm sure many do have trouble getting the details down.

I don't know if anyone ever said this to you, but your username there sounds like the word "Inspire". if that was the intention, its pretty creative.

That would be the name of my first pony OC. He was Prince of the Northern Lands and was to be Luna's tutor despite being of similar age. He specializes in inspiration magic and was said to be able to unlock a cutie mark at will along with changing it. He was who taught Luna how to delve into pony's dreams, as dreams are where a great source of inspiration is located. His story is pretty well fleshed out in Everything Ends...

I did do a drawing of him a long time ago... It is very rough and I want to redo it completely along with another shot of him.

img-3667270-1-eyn_in_the_sunset_by_harol

And might I add, I'm sure whatever you are writing is marvelous and deserving of merit.

Edited by HaroldGenhi