Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books Do you read fanfiction?

TigerGeekGuy

Still do. I've been doing it for years now, never gotten out of it. No mater how shitty the stories are.

I have to admit, a lot of fanfiction is very bad, but a lot is very good. You just need to know where to look.

I read them, but somehow, they're getting dull, even the new ones.

Yeah I can agree to that. One of the main issues is that people discovered sex stories and "spin offs" are easy attention grabbers. So we get a bazillion Fallout Equestria, Cupcakes, and My Little Dashie spin offs along with sex story after sex story. To top that off, Equestria Daily which is how a lot of people used to get noticed has severely increased their restrictions to where they more or less have barred grimdark entirely from their site, and a lot of people have the mature filter on on FiMFiction, so that's more or less a genre that is easily overlooked because of lack of exposure.

The truth is, a lot of people instead of creating original stuff would rather have instant success so we see a lot of "spin offs" that are designed to coattail off the success of other stories.

I want to get into it, but most of it is very poorly written. Although there are a few ideas I have, so I may create some of my own, but who knows. Anyways I may get into it once I'm all caught up on the series.

• 2 weeks later...

I read waayy to much fanfiction, and most of it's just crazy shipping fics that are either NSFW or fetishy. So yeah i have a fanfic problem

I did write one fanfic though but it was a follow up to someone elses story and i'm worried if i post it online they'll mad at me

I read fanfiction... tend to enjoy it as I believe everything is canon to itself, so in my mind each fanfiction takes place in its own universe separate from the universe it is based on allowing me to enjoy it no matter how radically different.  I also write fanfiction, though not as often as I used to.  I used to write a series of what if fanfiction based on ideas people sent me, and sometimes even paid me for.  I just don't have as much time as I used to.

Outside of Anthropology, the only fanfictions I read are the TCB books. Certain authors can make TCB stories work and be compelling, but mostly I read them for some serious escapism. I mean really, when is Celestia gonna get off her sun-butt and erupt Equestria on to Earth already! (Am I right?! Am I right?! ;) ).

I love fanfics! I'm trying to work on my own, but I can't seem to get it right... My favorites are cross-overs, especially Kingdom hearts/mlp fics. My favorite is http://www.fimfiction.net/story/119995/kingdom-hearts-of-harmony. It is awesome! I also read a lot of Tatsusrou's displaced series, this one is my favorite; http://www.fimfiction.net/story/213696/the-sparkle-in-his-eye

These days, I don't read it much. I used to be very much into Pokemon fics and I have read at least a few dozen of them. Today, I mainly write fics but I don't care as much about reading them, although I sometimes still do. I've never been into MLP fanfics all that much, reading-wise, because the fandom is so huge that I find most fics to be unappealing. (This was the same in the Pokemon fandom back then, but since fanfiction was still new to me at that time I was less bothered by it.)

Well, yeah, I do read them from time to time. I always check the TV Tropes fanfic recs of a certain work to find the most worthy ones. Currently, I'm still into pony fanfics, but I may venture out to read other ones. Heh, I am a Star Wars fanboy, yet I haven't read much fanfiction of the franchise. Oh, the irony...

I rarely read fan-fiction, but I did create a FiMFiction account, and tired to make a Star Swirl orgin story fan-fic, but did a pretty bad job. I ended up following a bunch of groups, but I haven't been on since December, so I probably have 1,000 updates. I do have a brother that writes stories on FiMFiction.

Edited by Trixie Heartstrings

• 3 weeks later...

Used to read a lot of fluffy romance fanfics a year ago or so (mostly Doctor Who, MLP, Lucky Star and another anime or two), but I've always found other things to do with my time since then. Really should get back into reading fics; there's something so calming and joyful about them. ^-^

Strangely enough, I don't like actual romance novels. Or romance in general.

Same here! x3 I guess it's easier to get attached and interested in a pairing when it involves characters we're already very familiar with.

• 4 years later...