Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the saddest fanfiction you've read?

Lightning Fluttershy

• 1 year later...

Friendship is Optimal. It had me very upset.

The Conversion Bureau: Ten Minutes. Humanity makes an heroic last stand, it made me feel very sad.

Edited by Bendy

The saddest fanfic a I've ever read are, Bubbles, by anonymous. And Never Stop Smiling - Smile.- by P0nies. I cried after reading both.

And by the way, a great song to accompany Smile. -Never Stop Smiling, is Cancer, by My Chemical Romance.

If these don't have to MLP-related, then probably Ball: Asuma x Reader: Stairs: Someone Like You. It's really only depressing if you have an attachment to the character (and if you like inserts or not). I almost cried when I put myself in the position.

I haven't read many fics since way back pre-S2, but one I really liked was Simply Rarity. It's been completely decanonised by now, of course, but it's still a very touching, if sad background story for our element of generosity.

I'm also anything but a fan of My Little Dashie, but that's a topic for another thread.

Don't remember the names, but both of them are Accusations Fics about the wedding. One where Twi gains PTSD, and the other where she loses her memories from a..... dark moment, that also gives her a filly  

• 2 months later...

I will have to say Happy Hearth's Warming Eve, Squirt. It did have a happy ending, but god the feels were REAL with that one. I didn't cry, but that's because I was unable to. If I was able to, then I definitely would be crying a little bit. A high level of emotional strength is not fun.

• 6 years later...
On 2016-04-25 at 1:36 AM, 4HFan said:

The saddest fanfic a I've ever read are, Bubbles, by anonymous. And Never Stop Smiling - Smile.- by P0nies. I cried after reading both.

Bubbles, definitely.

I'd list:

When the Levee Breaks

Twilight Sparkle Makes a Cup of Tea

The Arbitrage of Moments

Kaleidoscope

Somewhere Only We Know

Applejack Digs a Hole

The Destruction of the Self

Eyes Without a Face [deleted]

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-04-25 at 9:00 PM, The Wife of Tengen said:

If these don't have to MLP-related, then probably Ball: Asuma x Reader: Stairs: Someone Like You. It's really only depressing if you have an attachment to the character (and if you like inserts or not). I almost cried when I put myself in the position.

I got another non-pony fanfiction called The Last Night by Twitter Chan & Psycho Chan on Fanfiction.net https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5746903/1/The-Last-Night and Mortal Man also on fanfiction. net https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9034613/1/Mortal-Man

Edited by Theautisticrebel

• 2 months later...

My Little Dashie is still at the top of my list even after it has been so long. If you count comics, Core of The Apple almost tore me apart...I didn't cry but that was totally a heart wrenching read...Scribbler Production makes it 100x worse with her dub...

The Glass Weaver was pretty sad as well...