books Do you read fanfiction?

TigerGeekGuy

To be honest I rarely if ever read fan fiction. There’s no reason for avoiding it really. I just haven’t done it and don’t have an interest in starting at the moment. Maybe I’ll get around to it someday. I’m sure there are plenty of treasures out there to be enjoyed. 

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

I read it quite a bit, actually. I mostly go to fimfiction but I also like to browse fanfiction.net and even deviantart sometimes for some good stories. I also like following tumblr comics if I find them interesting enough.

• Brohoof 1

Tl;dr: yes but just on Fimfiction, why and what I read, I haven't got a clue.

Well I never was much of a fiction reader, but Fimfiction is kinda what turned on the light for "hey there is an internet community on MLP" as I don't recall what or how I even found it but during this year's drought while haying I couldn't get too far ahead of the baler so I basically sat in creeper gear or did a round and then waited a half an hour so...out of desperation I got into it?

I just remember that I ignored (and still ignore) the front page and just go by the "also liked" and "recommended" below each story...

According to what I can find the first one I read was part of a 230 part monster staring in 2013 and ending in 2020, about the male version of MLP...and from there to depressing ones about trixie to happier ones to ones with OCs to stumbling across another monster of a series...I remember there being alot of "meh" and now alot of what I had read looks "meh"  compared to the higher quality ones I found. 

I don't know...theres just something about OCs and MLP...I know some I have read did feel like they should have been episodes and others could be a small spin off aimed at more mature audiences. I don't really know why...I suspose to pass the time, especially with our drought and now winter less winter, there isn't much to do...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I used to read MLP fanficition, like 5-6 years ago. It's something I've wanted to get back into, but just haven't had the time or motivation.

• Brohoof 1

Only very rarely and I'm super picky. I often start fan fictions and then just stop because I feel like it's going nowhere. I read some super long books but a fan fiction needs to grab my interest fast and get to the point. Shipping fics, for instance, just get the characters together all ready rather than endlessly circling each other! Basically the way Miraculous Ladybug is.

And the two letters I hate most in fan fiction are "AU", I don't see the point of putting the names and faces of existing characters on your own characters.

• 3 weeks later...

I read fanfiction almost every day. My favorites are long adventure stories with OCs or background ponies as main characters. There are some truly amazing stories in this community.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep.  Going back and forth between The Owl House and Little Witch Academia, but after finding this through using and old site still around, I found some old Back to the Future fanfics by a Charles Murphy: https://www.geocities.ws/charlesmurphy/bttfstories.html

Read these in the early 2000 when we finally had a computer for internet browsing in addition to our Web TV and when I learned of various scenes that were taken out of the Back to the Future trilogy.

• 2 weeks later...