Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Books Do You Look Forward to Reading?

Dsanders

(edited)

I personally look forward to reading The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov.

sig-3811404.master.jpg

It's an extraordinary story and it definitely stands out from the great majority of classic works of literature. Here is the synopsis:

"One hot spring, the devil arrives in Moscow, accompanied by a retinue that includes a beautiful naked witch and an immense talking black cat with a fondness for chess and vodka. The visitors quickly wreak havoc in a city that refuses to believe in either God or Satan. But they also bring peace to two unhappy Muscovites: one is the Master, a writer pilloried for daring to write a novel about Christ and Pontius Pilate; the other is Margarita, who loves the Master so deeply that she is willing literally to go to hell for him ..."

I would love to know how a story like this plays out. From what I've heard, it's considered mysterious, hilarious, contemplative, and poignant. 

What book or books do you look forward to reading?

Edited by Dsanders
  • Brohoof 3

That looks like a very interesting book!

As for me, I kind of have a few, but I seem to be going to the bookstore lately and leaving empty handed. : ( None of the books I come across seem to interest me anymore. Then you go and find a gem like that.

I will say, I am reading the book Metro 2033 at the moment. Yes, a video game was based off of it, but the book takes a more psychological look at the premise, instead of essentially 'reading a video game'.

Reading "The Lord of the Rings" (my first time) with Angelbabe; we just reached "The Return of the King."  I ordered "The Hobbit" yesterday, and I look forward to reading the book that I started as a child and never finished.  My cousin purchased a collection of Lovecraft stories for me (all of which I've read), but I'll likely re-read those as well.

• Brohoof 1

I personally look forward to reading The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov.

sig-3811404.sig-3811404.master.jpg

My favorite Russian novel !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I look forward to read "maus" if possible

When I was younger I was a big fan of the Warrior [cats] series. I stopped reading since I didn't even know they were still making books for it, so I'll be checking out one of the new ones soon. I'm also considering buying the Communist Manifesto and Mien Kampf at some point. Why? Because I simply feel like it.

• Brohoof 1

I have The Belgariad and The Black Company sitting in my to-read pile.  I'm sure those are going to be great.

The Black Company is very good I have written it a few years ago. 

• Brohoof 1

I've been thinking about starting to read the Inheritance cycle books. I probably will pretty soon.

Another book that I would like to read would have to be The Screwtape Letters by C.S Lewis. I always thought that it looked interesting.

Propably some other collection of horror stories by H. P. Lovecraft. If you don't know who that is, he's creator of whole mythology involving Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, Yog-Sothoth, that kind of things. If there's someone who likes that type of literature, he must read his stories. I especially recomend "The Whisperer in darkness".

Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

(edited)
Wow.  So you're Glen Cook?  Very impressive work.  I'm just teasing, I know you meant "read".

Omg xD Sorry I have just noticed this :D yes I meant read, still funny :)

Edited by Kerberossz
  • Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...