What games are you currently looking forward to?

Omega Centauri

It's that time of year again, gaming season is upon us, we saw plenty of good-looking titles at E3 this year, which ones are you most excited for?

The Main Games on my watchlist right now are:

Middle Earth: Shadow of Morder - The combat looks a little generic but some of the other features in that game are really cool and it looks like a very immersive game, also as a huge LOTR fan I HAVE to keep my eye on this one.

Evolve - Everything about this game looks awesome.

Destiny - Played the beta, very fun :)

Mortal Kombat X - Doesn't look like this one will be coming out any time soon but I'm a fan of the series.

Dying Light - Gory Zombie action plus a bit of parkour, what's not to love?

Alien: Isolation - I love horror games, and I LOVE the Alien movies

Edited by Omega Centauri
  • Brohoof 1

...But that's just my opinion.

Batman Arkham Knight: I loved Asylum and City (didn't care for Origins), so call me hooked.
Sonic Boom: It looks interesting to have a different type of Sonic game, and yes, I'll be getting both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U: Do I even need to say anything?
Mighty Number 9: Having a spiritual successor to Mega Man and having the creator of Mega Man behind it? Call me excited.

• Brohoof 2

MarvelAllianceBanner-Copy_zps8b5008ab.pn
Second in Command of the Marvel Alliance!!!

Batman Arkham Knight, because BatmanSonic Boom, because SonicAnd Smash Bros For Wii U, because best game in history.

Batman Arkham Knight, because BatmanSonic Boom, because SonicAnd Smash Bros For Wii U, because best game in history.

Smash Brothers for the Wii U: Smash was one of the first games I played back when I had the N64 for gaming. The games have only gotten better overtime and I've gotta say that this new installment looks the best and seems to be fixing a lot of complaints from Brawl. Awesome!

Hyrule Warriors: I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game but I do like beating up thousands of enemies with god powers. With Zelda being the next Dynasty Warriors it's putting two things I love together. Totally getting it. Looks awesome the more I see of it!

Edited by Felix
  • Brohoof 1

AcXXucv.jpg

Credit to Kyoshi for the awesome signature!

games are starting to bore me, i feel like one of those 90's kids where i'm stuck in the past and say the 90's were better ;_;

But in this case, the older video games were better. Please help.

Go find some classic-inspired Indie Games. Ever played Gunstar Heroes? Try Noitu Love 2. It's all the Treasure goodness with a unique control scheme that IMO works very well.

Or perhaps you like older fighting games! Try Divekick, a game that parodies the entire fighting game genre in one well-aimed swipe.

Maybe Rogue-likes like Fatal Labyrinth are more your game? You could go for Dungeons of Dreadmore, or Teleglitch, both fantastic titles.

Big fan of Megaman? You could play games like Shovel Knight, VVVVVV or I Wanna Be The Guy!

Lots of indie games for you to choose, aimed at classic gamers.

• Brohoof 1

StarDrive II:  The original StarDrive was a decent 4X game with excellent combat and ship design.  The sequel is going to switch to a turn based game with real time tactical combat, and I do love proper turn based 4X strategy games.

games are starting to bore me, i feel like one of those 90's kids where i'm stuck in the past and say the 90's were better ;_;

You're not crazy, older games were better. I too went threw this, but I figured out I needed games that were harder then what most games are. We grew up with no regenerating health, no glowing arrows to show us where to go, no saving and actual game overs and restarts when you died. But we also grew up with great exploration and lots of secrets... it seams most games want you to pay for unlock-able characters and costumes. So I upped my game (haha) to PC gaming and it saved me. I play Far Cry 3 with Ziggys mod and it reminds me of a 90's game. No Map, No objective arrows, a lot harder and actually challenging. Sadly most new games tend to play themselves, and that is boring. Its like they are slowly turning into movies with the quick time events and cut-scenes,

But rant aside, Shovel Knight, Hotline Miami and FTL are good choices, although FTL is a rouge like and some people dont like those. Luftrausers is surprisingly fun as well, like a old arcade game.

• Brohoof 1

post-6246-0-77409600-1407299960_zps59ac3

Terraria 2. I mean, I'm okay with Terraria, but infinite worlds is sure a big thing...

Mother 4. Fan game. Nevertheless, should be awesome.

• Brohoof 1

LxC9ncx.png

I won't be a complete brony until I get a Thunderlane plushie and go to a convention.

SSB4

Mighty No. 9

Hyrule Warriors

Mortal Kombat X

All 4 (5?) look interesting to me, so I can't wait to pick them up.

• Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-55317300-1414605702.png

Signature by Kyoshi

Hymenoptera is the most superior order of insects. | I'm the best Street Fighter player ever... in my hometown.

Rosalina's #1 fanboy.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a game.

I find that people who like older games the best preferred how hard they were. If it's difficulty you crave, I'd recommend Dark Souls, Divinity: Original Sin and X-Com: Enemy Unknown. Dark Souls is an action oriented RPG where nothing is really outright explained to you save for the very basics. You're going to die a lot as part of the learning process. Divinity is basically a modern Balders Gate in that it's a top down fantasy game. Every encounter is pretty difficult, and it emphasizes using the environment strategically. You can talk to anyone and interact with everything, so there's tons of exploration to be had as well. X-Com is a turned based strategy game. It can be pretty tough on its own, but it gives you a ton of options to tweak the difficulty in different ways. (Though I think you have to beat it once to unlock those)

If it's a greater sense of exploration without hints you want, I think the best modern games can offer right now would be modded versions of elder scrolls and fallout games. (Outside of Divinity, which I mentioned earlier)

Edited by Banul

29q1lx3.jpg

The Crew. After Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2 died its good to see another game take a shot at open world online racing.  :maud:

sig-27460.i2QLbt3.jpgOatmeal, are you crazy?!

"Silly, you are already under my control."- Pinkie Pie
Signature made by me, because resistance truly is futile, silly.

Currently still undergoing maintenance. Yes, i can do that, im a program, silly.

Fallout 4

Metal Gear Solid V: PP

THERE'S A FALLOUT 4 COMING OUT?!  Welp, better put on my news van fedora, and add that one to my list, along with

Half-Life 3 (you know it's coming)

Portal 3 (I swear I'll kill somebody if this doesn't happen in the next 2 years)

Evolve

ARKHAM KNIGHT YEAH MAN

And the full version of Among the Sleep.  I haven't played the beta, but it looks great, and I reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally want to play a horror game as a 2-year-old.  That is of course assuming I don't already act like a 2-year-old when I play horror games.

img-1692323-3-6l2CXBG.png

"May the Force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter" ~ Gandalf the Grey

This is my OC with the unoriginal, therefore original name,

John Smith

I didn't pay too much attention to E3 besides the Nintendo stuff this year, so all of this is for the 3DS/Wii U. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to these games:

- Super Smash Bros. 4

- Hyrule Warriors

- The Legend of Zelda Wii U(Sure, there's not much info on it yet, but I'm still excited)

- Splatoon