Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NHL playoff discussion thread

Dany Heatley

I'm going to make a bold prediction here, and say the Canucks will storm back to tie the series! :P one can hope eh? why not?! :) or maybe I'm to optimistic?! ;)

Good effort last night, just couldn't beat Quick :o

Edited by ApocalyptiCchaos

Kings lead series 3-0. I hope they put a thrashing on the Nucks, and I also hope the Flyers put a thrashing on the Penguins. That will get one kid from my school to shut up for the entire summer.

Well, Raffi Torres just slammed Hossa out of his skates and onto a stretcher.

The physicality of the playoffs so far has crossed the line. It's like the players have no respect for each other as people and the punishments haven't been doing their job. It's been one giant slippery slope from Hell for Shanahan, geez.

Severe allergen warning in Philadelphia

The National Weather Center is reporting high levels of DEFENSE in the atmosphere. All those allergic to DEFENSE seek shelter inside the Wells Fargo Center.

lol 4-3 in the 1st period

• Brohoof 1

Severe allergen warning in Philadelphia

The National Weather Center is reporting high levels of DEFENSE in the atmosphere. All those allergic to DEFENSE seek shelter inside the Wells Fargo Center.

lol 4-3 in the 1st period

This comment deserves way more likes to go with the one I just gave you. :P

The defense and goaltending thus far in this game have been atrocious. Stupid penalties by the Penguins (all three Flyer goals came on the Power Play) to go with the the terrible goaltending by André-Fleury and Bryzgalov. I know the scoring has been very high throughout this battle, but I never expected seven goals to be scored in this period alone!

ETA: To start the second period, the Penguins have a two-minute Power Play! Interference on Flyers's Carle when time expired.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

This could be a big momentum swing for the Pens, 9-3 in the second, Goaltending hasn't been kind to Philly, although all these penalties are killing them. Who knows what will happen in this wild series!

Both the Penguins and Canucks stave off elimination last night. No one's in danger tonight either.

Oh and something about Zac Rinaldo not being suspended for what he did/said last night and has more fans/media/analysts up in arms over the league's punishments

the canucks and sens are my teams and as last night both pulled a SUPER EPIC COME BACK TO WIN i still am waring my singned alex auld jersy #likeafan

I'm a huge Canucks fan, but i'm also going for the Sens! What an OT goal by Turris eh? I mean what a shot! and the canucks, i feel they are back in it :) they looked like the real Canucks last night.

Edited by ApocalyptiCchaos

I'm a huge Canucks fan, but i'm also going for the Sens! What an OT goal by Turris eh? I mean what a shot! and the canucks, i feel they are back in it :) they looked like the real Canucks last night.

i was jumping up and down after the goal lol

Red Wings are done :(

Blow the team up. No one is safe. I want a revamped team hungry for another Cup. Get me Parise, Suter, a top-6 forward, a top-4 D-man, and a new backup goalie.

In other news

it was just announced that Raffi Torres will be slapped with a 25-game suspension for his hit on Hossa. Deserved every game of it.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

(edited)

25-game suspension for his hit on Hossa. Deserved every game of it.

Does he really? I mean... neal gets 1 game for cheapshotting a couple of guys, Weber gets nothing for slamming zetterburg's head against the dasher, and Keith gets 5 games for an intentional elbow to the head (that knocked a player out for a month).

It's as you said before... It's the NHL wheel of discipline. And they decide to make an example on Torres. What a joke of a league. :unsure:

Edited by You

It's as you said before... It's the NHL wheel of discipline. And they decide to make an example on Torres. What a joke of a league.

His hit falls under every criteria the NHL is looking for in a major suspension, although the vast majority, including myself, find a lot of faults in what the NHL views as criteria for suspensions. NHL looked for contact to the head, the extent to which the receiver was injured, and then additional consideration if the giver is a repeat offender. Since Torres contacted the head, Hossa is diagnosed as out for the rest of the playoffs, and he is a repeat offender, he got the heaviest of suspensions.

I haven't agreed at all with the NHL's decisions this season so far, but this one I think was the closest they've come to being right. On the flip side, I've people blow this off as "NHL putting on their big boy pants just to pick on the low hanging fruit of the league." I can guarantee you if Ovechkin was the one who delivered the hit, he'd only get like 5 games.

I liken this to the NFL's "Process Rule" on Calvin Johnson week 1 of 2010 season. They called off a game-winning touchdown because he didn't "complete the process" of his catch when he slammed the ball down on the ground after catching it. Like yeah, the call technically matches the description of the rule and fits the definition, BUT the rule is freaking stupid.

So Torres' hit fits the description of long-term suspensions, BUT the NHL's description of what constitutes a suspension is freaking stupid.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

If the Penguins, Canucks, Rangers, and Blackhawks get eliminated, along with the Red Wings already gone, guarantee the rest of the playoffs and the Cup Finals will score the lowest TV ratings of all time. NHL's only hope to salvage viewers is if the Rangers come back and make the Finals.

And the Penguins are gone! SEE YA! If the Red Wings can't win the Cup, then I don't want our enemies to either. Let's go 'Yotes tomorrow!

Canucks bite the dust

These Playoffs and Cup Finals now guaranteed to be lowest rated ever with Detroit, Vancouver, and Pittsburgh out. Good luck trying to sell a Predators-Flyers Finals.