Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NHL playoff discussion thread

Dany Heatley

The playoffs start in 2 days, and I don't see any threads on it, or any threads on the NHL at all (I guess not a lot of fans here :( )

FIRST ROUND MATCH-UPS

West

LA Kings (8) vs. Vancouver Canucks (1) Quick will come out strong, but Van too much to handle (yes, I am a homer :lol:) ... Van in 5

San Jose Sharks (7) vs. St. Louis Blues (2) I sense an upset here... Sharks in 7

Chicago Blackhawks (6) vs. Phoenix Coyotes (3) As much as I would like Chicago to lose, they take it in 6

Detroit Redwings (5) vs. Nashville Predators (4)Sorry Nashville, you stay @ 1 series win. Wings in 7

East

Ottawa Senators (8) vs. New York Rangers (1) Upset. Sens in 6

Washington Capitals (7) vs. Boston Bruins (2) I hate the Bruins, but they win in 6

New Jersey Devils (6) vs. Florida Panthers (3) Florida ends their playoff drought, but New Jersey too strong. Devils in 5

Philadelphia Flyers (5) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (4) Probably the most anticipated series in round 1. Flyers upset in 7

who do you think are gonna come out victorious? B) Discuss...

Whoa! finally a thread about this! i was waiting for it to happen ;P

Vancouver fan right here. I think they will take this one in 5 or 6 games.

First of all, go Bruins! It was a great moment in time when they won the cup last year. It represented a triumph in which it took determination, overcoming adversity, sticking to the game plan, teamwork and the magic of friendship to achieve such a feat.

Washington has been an enigma all season long. I wouldn't be surprised if the series goes to 7 games or we sweep them. The key to this series will be the blueline.

Awwww I was going to make this topic :( anyways I have low expectations for my Wings this year. We're stumbling into these playoffs hurt and wounded. Nashville is good enough to take us out. Then again I've seen potent Wings teams get upset by the Kings and Oilers before so anything could happen.

(edited)

I'd personally like to see Florida get through to the second round. Even though chances are they won't, but you never know!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did advance as weiss and other panthers are hungry for post-season action. How long was florida's playoff drought? Like 10 years or something? Edited by ʎǝlʇɐǝH ʎuɐp

I wouldn't be surprised if they did advance as weiss and other panthers are hungry for post-season action. How long was florida's playoff drought? Like 10 years or something?

Yea last time they were in it was the 99/00 season. To finally be in again must be nice.

No Maple Leafs... *lost interest*

But for real though i wish I followed Hockey more, maybe I'll join a Fantasy league so I get into it more...

My predictions:

West:

LA Kings (8) vs. Vancouver Canucks (1) This could be a low scoring series, even though Quick will be on his game, the Kings just won't have enough to get by. Vancouver in 5-6.

San Jose Sharks (7) vs. St. Louis Blues (2) The Sharks and Blues go to 7 games, Blues come out on top.

Chicago Blackhawks (6) vs. Phoenix Coyotes (3) I believe Phoenix could win this, they take it in 6-7 games.

Detroit Redwings (5) vs. Nashville Predators (4) Detroit is very talented, but I think Nashville will squeak by the Wings in a thrilling series that goes to 7.

East:

Ottawa Senators (8) vs. New York Rangers (1) I see Ottawa getting by the Rangers in this one, but it will be a hard fought series. Ottawa in 5-6.

Washington Capitals (7) vs. Boston Bruins (2) I sense the Capitals to take this one in 6 games, Boston comes close but it won't be enough.

New Jersey Devils (6) vs. Florida Panthers (3) Florida wins this series and advances to the second round, they take it in 6.

Philadelphia Flyers (5) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (4) Penguins will come out on top in this close series, they take it in 7.

Well those are my outcomes for the first round. I'm very excited to see what happens. Always a wild ride in the playoffs ;)

In other news, the Oilers got the #1 overall draft pick AGAIN. Poor Columbus.

wow! really? there should be a rule where you can't go #1 overall more than once in a row. Ah whatever.... just wait 'til all these first overall entry contracts expire. :lol: They are gonna be screwed. While anyway, do you think they are gonna drafy yakupov, or trade down to draft a d-man?

playoffs begin in 20 min.

No Daniel for Canucks :(

Super pumped here! Got the Flyers and Pens game on right now, should be interesting.

2012 playoffs are officially beginning!

Too bad that D.Sedin isn't playing though.

God damn Gary Bettman needs to leave our game. refs just called 12:00 of penalties total in the 1st period alone. Go to Pitt/Philly Buttman

And nashville scores on a lucky bounce? What a surprise! They usually never ever get lucky bounces *sarcasm*

Not really rooting for any teams, except maybe Sens, but my projections anyways:

West:

1st round:

LAK v VAN - Kings in 5

SJS v STL - Blues in 5

CHI v PHX - Phoenix in 6

DET v NSH - Preds in 5

2nd Round

LAK v STL - Kings in 6

NSH v PHX - Preds in 6

West Final

LAK v NSH - Kings in 7

East:

1st Round:

OTT v NYR - Rangers in 7

WSH v BOS - Capitals in 7

NJD v FLA - Devils in 7

PHI v PIT - Flyers in 6

2nd Round:

WSH v NYR - Rangers in 5

NJD v PHI - Flyers in 6

East Final

PHI v NYR - Flyers in 7

Stanley Cup

LAK v PHI - Kings in 5

just my 2 cents, sorry Vancouver fans

I think an edit is in order... ok done now everything is updated as of 4/15/12

second edit... 4/17/12

first round is history, my 2nd round predictions are up

Edited by Whiteshade

Yay Nashville won and Pittsburgh lost! :)

My predictions for round 1

EAST:

PIT vs. PHI: Philadelphia wins in game 7

NYR vs. OTT: Tough I don't like the Rangers I think they will win against Ottawa

WSH vs. BOS: Don't really like both of the teams but I think Boston's stronger

FLO vs. NJD: Devils win all the way hopefully

WEST:

VAN vs. LAK: That's gonna be a close one but I think VAN will win 4:2

STL vs. SJS: The Blues will hopefully beat SJS

PHX vs. CHI: I think Chicago's gonna win but I will cheer for Phoenix

NSH vs. DET: Nashville's hopefully gonna win but it will be close

Anyways Devils vs. Blues would be my favorite finale. LET'S GO DEVILS!

Edited by Wildcard

Well I missed the rest of NSH/DET game 1 but I heard there was some naughty things done at the final whistle? I won't watch it because I'm afraid it'll piss me off right before bed. I'll just say I don't expect any suspensions because normally post-game shenanigans never get punished. Although under the new reign of the Shanahammer, we'll know tomorrow if he'll either stay the course or start a new precedent for post-game stuff in the playoffs.

Well I missed the rest of NSH/DET game 1 but I heard there was some naughty things done at the final whistle? I won't watch it because I'm afraid it'll piss me off right before bed. I'll just say I don't expect any suspensions because normally post-game shenanigans never get punished. Although under the new reign of the Shanahammer, we'll know tomorrow if he'll either stay the course or start a new precedent for post-game stuff in the playoffs.

weber slammed zetterburg's face against the dasher (sp?)

The cynic in me didn't expect a suspension for Weber, but the homer in me wanted it.

The cynic won.

Here's what I put on my facebook: So if U.S. law enforcement was the NHL, I could shoot someone non-fatally in the kneecaps, but if he shows up to work the next day, I get off with nothing. Good deal. NHL been taking lessons from the CCHA. Gongshow ALL the hockey leagues!