Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NHL playoff discussion thread

Dany Heatley

Canucks are done :( but that's sports for you! you win and you lose! Schneider did well though :) I'm fine with it.

As a Canucks fan, do you feel like it's time to finally let Luongo go? He seems like an A/A+ regular season goalie but when it's playoffs time, he's a headcase. I've seen a lot of Canucks fans get more and more comfortable with Schneider running the show.

If you are the GM, would you trade Luongo right now? I would guess that a goalie-desperate team would offer 2 solid starters and maybe 1 prospect for him.

So let's say Luongo to Tampa for Ryan Malone and Eric Brewer (just 2 random names). Would you do it?

I have to honestly say that when Schneider is in net, i feel a bit more comfortable. It's true, Luongo is a great goalie, but sometimes it seems when it's an important game (see the games in Boston) his mental stage falls and is fragile. Schneider seems to have this calm and cool attitude in net, he doesn't seem to get rattled that easily. But of course there is the factor of the team not producing offensively, that is one thing that did some damage. Like where was Kesler? he didn't do a whole lot at all.

If i had to make that decision, i think i would go for it, looking ahead for the future I'd personally think we should keep Schneider. I mean he is still pretty young, and can only improve on the skill he already has, he is already good enough to be a legitimate starter in the NHL, so i say keep him and get a fresh start for Luongo. But i guess we'll see what happens over the summer.

As a Canucks fan, do you feel like it's time to finally let Luongo go? He seems like an A/A+ regular season goalie but when it's playoffs time, he's a headcase. I've seen a lot of Canucks fans get more and more comfortable with Schneider running the show.

If you are the GM, would you trade Luongo right now? I would guess that a goalie-desperate team would offer 2 solid starters and maybe 1 prospect for him.

So let's say Luongo to Tampa for Ryan Malone and Eric Brewer (just 2 random names). Would you do it?

I have to honestly say that when Schneider is in net, i feel a bit more comfortable. It's true, Luongo is a great goalie, but sometimes it seems when it's an important game (see the games in Boston) his mental stage falls and is fragile. Schneider seems to have this calm and cool attitude in net, he doesn't seem to get rattled that easily. But of course there is the factor of the team not producing offensively, that is one thing that did some damage. Like where was Kesler? he didn't do a whole lot at all.

If i had to make that decision, i think i would go for it, looking ahead for the future I'd personally think we should keep Schneider. I mean he is still pretty young, and can only improve on the skill he already has, he is already good enough to be a legitimate starter in the NHL, so i say keep him and get a fresh start for Luongo. But i guess we'll see what happens over the summer.

EDIT:

Please excuse the doubled post :o the posts have been doubled!

Edited by ApocalyptiCchaos

Chicago gone! wow all these top teams getting eliminated in the first round.

-Vancouver

-Detriot

-Chicago

-Pittsburgh

-San Jose

Just seems ... weird :o

Chicago gone! wow all these top teams getting eliminated in the first round.

-Vancouver

-Detriot

-Chicago

-Pittsburgh

-San Jose

Just seems ... weird :o

Hot goaltending can make any team win. Just ask the 03 Ducks and 06 Oilers.

Hot goaltending can make any team win. Just ask the 03 Ducks and 06 Oilers.

You got that right, they can carry teams.

And Smith was a brick wall tonight.

Imagine how the NHL feels with 3 (arguably all 4) of their elite Western Conf. teams eliminated already

yeah.... I don't think I have ever seen this happen before. Even as a canucks fan, I think it's pretty cool. :lol:
  • Brohoof 1

How lucky are hockey fans in Quebec City/Seattle/Hamilton/Kansas City/Las Vegas? They're getting a conference semi-finalist team next year. Maybe the Nordiques/Metropolitans/Tigers/Scouts/TBA will still be decent.

(talking about Phoenix)

Edited by Master XFizzle

I like what's happening in the Western Conference and Iam glad that the Penguins are out^^

I just hope the Devils will make a Comeback against Florida this evening. If not I will cheer for a Western Team to get the Stanley Cup(probably L.A., Phoenix and Nashville) :)

I'm going for Ottawa, and if they go out, probably Philly.

yeah... me as welll. My order is probably

1)Ottawa

2)Philly

3)Phoenix

it would be so hilarious if phoenix won the cup :lol:

yeah... me as welll. My order is probably

1)Ottawa

2)Philly

3)Phoenix

it would be so hilarious if phoenix won the cup :lol:

Haha now wouldn't that be something, well... with Smith in net :o haha but with Philly you never know because when your ahead of them, say by 3 goals, they storm back :P I guess one can never know what will happen in the sport of Hockey ;)

I'm going with Nashville vs. Philly as my Finals pick now

Awww yeah, Devils playing for their season in OT right now. Go Panthers!

Awww dammit, Devils force game 7. The Courtship of Zach "Pimpin' Ain't" Parise will have to wait for the Wings.

Bye bye Bruins

I think Discord would LOVE this year's playoffs lol. So many upper-echelon teams getting knocked out. I'm rooting for Florida and Ottawa tomorrow lol.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

What a wild first round this has been.

James Duthie just reported that Luongo will come out with a short-list of teams he's willing to waive his no trade clause for. Some other reporter said Toronto is expected to be on the list.

James Duthie just reported that Luongo will come out with a short-list of teams he's willing to waive his no trade clause for. Some other reporter said Toronto is expected to be on the list.

Oh really? Interesting, i have a feeling that he will go.

For the love of Celestia Ottawa, WIN. THIS. GAME!

It's done.

Edited by ApocalyptiCchaos