Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Mane Six Mane is the Hardest to Draw?

Midnight Gaze

Which Mane is Easiest/Hardest to Draw?  

26 users have voted

1. 1. Which Mane is Hardest to Draw?

• Twilight's
    • Fluttershy's
    • Applejack's
    • Rainbow Dash's
    • Rarity's
    • Pinkie Pie's
  2. 2. Which Mane is Easiest to Draw?

• Twilight's
    • Fluttershy's
    • Applejack's
    • Rainbow Dash's
    • Rarity's
    • Pinkie Pie's

I was working on a drawing with the mane six in it, and realized how hard some of them are. For me, it's a tie between Twi's and Rarity's. For easiest(even though the poll is for the Mane six), I'd have to go with Sunset Shimmer's. it's surprisingly easy to draw.

The easiest mane six mane is Pinkie Pie's.

Rarity is by far the hardest pony to draw. The curves of her mane and the layers that it has make drawing her a hard experience.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity is easily the hardest to draw. Even if you don't use gradients and draw it as a solid color, there's still the issue of all those curves to get right.

Fluttershy's mane is probably the easiest for me, but Pinkie Pie is a close second.

Rarity (like everyone else) and Pinkie always give me headaches. Using the pen tool with a mouse for either of them is hard.

Easiest is either Applejack or Rainbow Dash. Surprisingly I have zero issues with drawing Rainbow's mane. Most of my problems are shading it.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity is the hardest to draw. It's actually too hard for me that I usually have to draw it in my own style rather than show-accurate.

Easiest is Fluttershy. Because of its wavy appearance and how simple it looks overall, it's usually the mane I can draw the most fast. As a result it's the mane I can draw in the most accurate way.

Rarity's mane is ridiculously hard for me to draw. I don't have a problem with any of the other mane six. (Edited to add: I sometimes have trouble with Twilight's bangs covering her eyes in my drawings.)

Fluttershy has the easiest mane to draw, but I definitely think Pinkie's is the most fun.

Edited by Abia

Even though I draw Rarity more than any pony, I still have a hard time with her mane. I also have a hard time with Applejack's mane, but it's mainly the size. I have no problem with Pinkie Pie's mane.

• 3 weeks later...

For vector tracing, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy are equally simple in terms of layers and modifications. Pinkie Pie's has more curves and details which means it takes slightly more time to do.

Rainbow Dash, and Twilight are equally moderate, having several layers required to get all the colors right.

Rarity's mane requires several layers for the part in front of her head layer, several more for behind, and another bunch for her tail. Each one has a gradient pointing in a unique direction, and all together comprises a palette of four colors.

Though it's hard to top Princess Celestia's.

Rarity definitely. I can never get those curls right or do them justice. I'm also terrible at Twilight Sparkle's mane, I can never angle her bangs quite right.

As for easiest, Pinkamena if she counts, if not then Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie Pie's the toughest, since if her hair doesn't have just the right bounciness, I start over. /sometimes it takes me four tries before I get that mare's mane right.

At the moment I'd say Twilight's the easiest for me, since I can pull her design from memory. Rarity takes second in the regard, though I guess that's because I've drawn her so much.