Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are the Mane 6 going back to the Grand Galloping Gala?

ggg-2

The next episode will involve the Mane 6 going to the Grand Galloping Gala. But why would they want to go back after what happened last time? *casts a death glare at Blueblood*

• Brohoof 2

To make money for the apple family, befriend all the creatures, etc. Nah but for real, I think it's probably just annual and they got invited again

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think they would want to go back after what happened to last time is because Celestia enjoyed the last one since it was the same thing every year, before the mane 6 and Spike came. Celestia might change it a little so it could be like a regular party but still have that gala feel to it.

Edited by Kyubiki Tenchu
  • Brohoof 1

To actually have fun this time and not mess up everything like they did last time? They kind of destroyed the previous Gala but I suppose they plan on having some fun this time around.

• Brohoof 3

To actually have fun this time and not mess up everything like they did last time? They kind of destroyed the previous Gala but I suppose they plan on having some fun this time around.

I'm surprised none of the other invitees mind the Mane6 assisting the GGG again  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Last time they went with goals in mind that drained the fun out of spending time with each other like they did at Donut Joe's afterwards. Hopefully, this year they plan to turn it around by having fun with one another, considering each other's interests instead of focusing on their own individual pursuits. Their friendship is also a lot stronger this time around.

Edited by estoc
  • Brohoof 3

I'm surprised none of the other invitees mind the Mane6 assisting the GGG again :lol:

I assumed that Celestia made sure they were not banned. No one would disobey Celestia now would they? Although Octavia might refuse to come to the Gala if Pinkie is there.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight probably has to go now that she's a princess, maybe her friends are just tagging along to keep her company. I think what others have said is more likely though, that this time they're just going to have some fun. :)

• Brohoof 2

Twilight probably has to go now that she's a princess, maybe her friends are just tagging along to keep her company. I think what others have said is more likely though, that this time they're just going to have some fun. :)

I don't think Twilight necessarily HAS to go. After all, we didn't see Luna there last time. 

Well it is still the most important annual social event in Canterlot, and in fact I bet Twilight might even be required to attend now that she's a princess.  Her friends certainly wouldn't want her to go it alone, and just because they had a "bad" experience the first time (although many would argue they really ended up having a blast), that doesn't mean they'd just forego the event for the rest of their lives.

Well it is still the most important annual social event in Canterlot, and in fact I bet Twilight might even be required to attend now that she's a princess.  Her friends certainly wouldn't want her to go it alone, and just because they had a "bad" experience the first time (although many would argue they really ended up having a blast), that doesn't mean they'd just forego the event for the rest of their lives.

that doesnt explain why Discord would be going, he shouldnt even be allowed after what messes he made in the past, and yes i know that Fluttershy refromed him but that doesnt allow him to go to the biggest party in all of equestria...

that doesnt explain why Discord would be going, he shouldnt even be allowed after what messes he made in the past, and yes i know that Fluttershy refromed him but that doesnt allow him to go to the biggest party in all of equestria...

Well come on, we all know that Celestia's been very forgiving and pretty inclined to play nice with him.  I doubt it was any of the Mane 6's idea, but Celestia, she's the one who invited the Mane 6 in Season 1 to the Gala in the hopes that they'd mess it all up!  Who's to say she's not trying to do the very same thing with Discord?  :yay:

• Brohoof 1

What he said.

Though it would be hilarious if they trashed it again for completely different reasons and they just had to promise not to come again.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think Twilight is necessarily required to attend as, as i said before, we didn't see Luna at all in Best Night Ever, despite the fact that, back then, she was the only other princess in existence as well as being Celestia's own sister.

I don't think Twilight is necessarily required to attend as, as i said before, we didn't see Luna at all in Best Night Ever, despite the fact that, back then, she was the only other princess in existence as well as being Celestia's own sister.

I think that was simply an oversight on the writers part.  I mean, even though Cadance wasn't in the show yet, if we examine canon material she was a princess as well at the time too in the show's chronology, and she wasn't there.  Just wait, I'm not saying Twilight's required for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they drop a line like that during the episode.

Well come on, we all know that Celestia's been very forgiving and pretty inclined to play nice with him.  I doubt it was any of the Mane 6's idea, but Celestia, she's the one who invited the Mane 6 in Season 1 to the Gala in the hopes that they'd mess it all up!  Who's to say she's not trying to do the very same thing with Discord?  :yay:

More likely that he invited himself in.

• Brohoof 2

Probably for the same reason anyone of considerable position goes to any event that annoys them: it comes with the job. Twilight definitely has to go now, and her friends are probably along for the ride.

Maybe they think it won't be so bad this time if they stick together like they should have last time.

Synopsis sez:

"After finding out that Fluttershy is taking a new friend to the Grand Galloping Gala instead of him, Discord goes to extreme lengths to show that it doesn't bother him."

Discord is just doing because Discord.

• Brohoof 1

I am also expecting to see Princess Cadence and Luna this time around. Maybe even Discord gets to tag along with the Mane 6? Finally, someone other than the Mane 6 causing mayhem at the Gala!

• Brohoof 1

The mane six probably realized that they can have fun if they go as a group of friends instead of trying to all fulfill some random fantasy.
They can still be allowed in because Twilight's a princess and they're her friends, and you pretty much can get away with anything if you know powerful people (as the other 5 of the mane six do).

Discord's going because you really can't ban discord; slightly powerful entities really never works out well, and assuming that rainbow power was a one time thing that the mane six can't access anymore, Discord literally is only held in check by being reformed since the EOH are inside the tree again.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I figure it is due to Twilight being a princess so there are certain functions she has to attend, and the idea that Celestia invites them back to help liven up the event. Might be interesting to see how Twilight handles her first Gala as a princess even if the episode puts more focus on Discord and Fluttershy judging by some of these screenshots.

At the very least getting enough tickets now should not be a problem.

Discord probably attends just because he is Discord and crashes the party

Edited by UnknownFry

Twilight probably invited all of her friends including Discord, they just don't expect Smooze. And if i seen the animatic correctly then even CMC were invited.

"But why do I have to go to the gala?" asked Twilight.

"It is a function that requires the alicorns attend," replied Celestia.

"But then why does Luna get a pass?" asked Twilight.

"Ahh, Luna, she passed a law exempting herself 1500 years ago," said Celestia. "Had I known now just what kind of event this would turn out to be, I would have vetoed it."

"What if I decide to invite her as my +1?" asked Twilight.

Celestia smirked.

• Brohoof 2

"But why do I have to go to the gala?" asked Twilight.

"It is a function that requires the alicorns attend," replied Celestia.

"But then why does Luna get a pass?" asked Twilight.

"Ahh, Luna, she passed a law exempting herself 1500 years ago," said Celestia. "Had I known now just what kind of event this would turn out to be, I would have vetoed it."

"What if I decide to invite her as my +1?" asked Twilight.

Celestia smirked.

Well, what about Cadance?

(edited)

As ruler of the Crystal Empire, Cadance can probably get out by pleading affairs of state.  Luna rules at night, she can probably say she is too busy watching dreams.

Dash might want to go if the Wonderbolts are performing, Rarity likes this sort of thing + a chance to drum up business.  Twilight probably got pressured into it because she is a princess.

God only knows why Fluttershy, Pinkie or AJ would even want to go.  In fact, socializing with a room full of strangers is probably Fluttershy's idea of Hell. 

Edited by sweetolebob18
  • Brohoof 1