Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stop him!

Cloud-Kicker

My good friend Derpyshy is being stupid.

He says he's going to quietly leave MlpForums and become a closet brony. I personally believe that would be nothing but counterproductive and well... stupid!

Anypony who agrees with me, why don't you drop him a message telling him to quit whining and stick with the herd. Or simply say something like "Don't leave" if you'd rather not be harsh. But, harshness isn't always so bad. Also, If you want to throw him a friend request and try chatting with him, that could help too. He says he's having a hard time "connecting with the community", but who can blame him? There is a TON of people joining all the time, and trying to be friends with all of them isn't exactly easy... or possible. :lol:

I know it's his choice if he wants to leave and I respect that, but there's nothing wrong with trying to sway his decision a little. Do you not agree?

• Brohoof 3

We can try to make him feel better with the community, but we shouldn't force the decision to stay on him. It is ultimately up to him weather he stays or not, and he should chose what he feels is better for him. And even if he does go into a "hiatus" I'll call it, he could always return.

But I'll try to help him out too :).

• Brohoof 2

Why does he have to give up?

Show some strength in him!No brony left behind,Ladies and gentlecolts.FIRE THE ORBITAL FREINDSHIP CANNON

Just kidding.It's his decision and there is nothing we can do about it :(

Edited by Flutter Derp

When he showed me this, I almost pissed myself laughing. Cloud Kicker strikes for teh lulz again.

As much as I'd love to keep him a public brony (so I'm not totally alone when we leave ;) /inb4guilt-trip), 'tis his choice and I shall value that. x3 < 3

• Brohoof 1

Why can't we just let him make his own decisions

We can, but there's nothing wrong with trying to convince him to stay, is there? Nopony left behind!

Besides, this isn't as much of a "make him stay" kind of thing but rather a be friendly and help create a more tightly knit community. I just thought this was the kind of situation that called for it. The reason I did this was to kind of single him out and help him engage in the community a bit more.

If he still leaves, that's his choice and his alone. :)

We can, but there's nothing wrong with trying to convince him to stay, is there? Nopony left behind!

Besides, this isn't as much of a "make him stay" kind of thing but rather a be friendly and help create a more tightly knit community. I just thought this was the kind of situation that called for it. The reason I did this was to kind of single him out and help him engage in the community a bit more.

If he still leaves, that's his choice and his alone. :)

No there is nothing wrong with trying to convince, it is a sad thing to see friends come and then leave. But as long as you respect their choice of path then that might come across better for if they decide to return.

But I do hope that weather he stays or leaves he finds happiness with the path he picks.

• Brohoof 2

Like I said in another thread not so long ago...... Why leave a forum with ponies? :(

Posted Image

He'll be missed, but he'll be missing out ;)

• Brohoof 1

You should gag him, tie him down in a chair, and then threaten to spill the beans about his innocent little pony interest to everyone he knows and loves if he decides to leave

That should do the trick

• Brohoof 2

hmm, or the more guile and subterfuge way always works. Just pat him on the back with a sign that says "I like My Little Pony" then everyone knows about it, and he's none the wiser until they bring it up to them.

He says he's going to quietly leave MlpForums and become a closet brony. I personally believe that would be nothing but counterproductive and well... stupid!

Anypony who agrees with me, why don't you drop him a message telling him to quit whining and stick with the herd. Or simply say something like "Don't leave" if you'd rather not be harsh. But, harshness isn't always so bad. Also, If you want to throw him a friend request and try chatting with him, that could help too. He says he's having a hard time "connecting with the community", but who can blame him? There is a TON of people joining all the time, and trying to be friends with all of them isn't exactly easy... or possible. :lol:

I know it's his choice if he wants to leave and I respect that, but there's nothing wrong with trying to sway his decision a little. Do you not agree?

So this is going to help... how?

Give him some sunblock. Herpa derp.

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

Well, leaving the forums and becoming a closet brony could achieve an effect he or she is trying to cause. Everything has its reasons, but you'll never know unless you are in his or her shoes... Instead of declaring that his or her decision is stupid, you should try to reason out why he or she would want to do such a thing. Even if the reason seems stupid, you have no right to call it that under Love and Tolerance! Be a pal and console him or her!

This, or it'll make him feel loved enough to stay.

No. He said he wants to leave because with the amount of people joining, he feels "invisible". The flood of sudden recognition and attention is a but more than he wanted, but it seems to have done the trick. :)

Well, leaving the forums and becoming a closet brony could achieve an effect he or she is trying to cause. Everything has its reasons, but you'll never know unless you are in his or her shoes... Instead of declaring that his or her decision is stupid, you should try to reason out why he or she would want to do such a thing. Even if the reason seems stupid, you have no right to call it that under Love and Tolerance! Be a pal and console him or her!

I am. But you can only do so much when they're simply being whiny. :lol:

I'm not trying to force him to stay, but I'm trying to keep him from becoming a closet brony more than anything. Obviously there is a time and place to be enthusiastic about ponies, but hiding your love for them altogether just seems wrong. Embrace who you are is all I'm saying... and don't ditch the forums. I'm saying that also. It's not as much of a personal problem than simply being lazy and not wanting to explain himself when he goes out of town.

>Is closet brony myself

>Still is on an MLP Forum