Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rivulet

is a hard thing to go through for sure.

To clear up any confusion, I haven't lost a friend like that, I just have a fear of doing so. I don't know if you implied that I went through that or not; just clearing up any possible confusion.

• Brohoof 1

I have some mild ornithophobia and arachnophobia. So the fear of birds and spiders. My ornithophobia used to be bad as a kid but it's gotten less intense, while arachnophobia is more recent but still not too bad.

(edited)

To clear up any confusion, I haven't lost a friend like that, I just have a fear of doing so. I don't know if you implied that I went through that or not; just clearing up any possible confusion.

I have and it's truly one of the worst feelings because it just haunts you if you don't learn to let go of it. But learning to let go of the past is completely different matter truly. But stuff like this is inevitable but throughout the years you learn to cope with it better in someways I suppose. 

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

entomophobia and arachnophobia like alot of people seem to have here 

i dont understand it but i see a bug or something i scream and need to get as far away as possible 

i went in a butterfly house one time i passed out because of it 

(edited)

I have what would be called Acrophobia, it is the phobia of heights.

I just can't be myself when I'm really high in the sky, but I don't think I would be scared of travelling inside an airpline or an helicopter.

I've also got a bit of Ligyrophobia, the phobia of unexpected loud noises. whenever I know there could be a loud sound, I'm scared a lot by a possible representation of it.

Edited by ObliveonVortex

i guess i also have 

Glossophobia – The fear of public speaking

Trypanophobia – The fear of needles

Anthropophobia – The fear of people

Huh, now that you mention it I think I also have those first two.

Having to speak in public makes my stomach turn, my hands shake, and my voice starts cracking constantly.  I feel like I'm about to pass out before I go up on stage too.

Needles are just plain awful and remind of giant mosquito stingers.  Which is why I'll never have the courage to have my blood drawn.

• Brohoof 2

Emetophobia- The fear of vomit/vomiting. The smell, the sight, people talking about being ill, hearing someone being ill, anything involving it.. It shakes me up something awful to the point where I start to feel ill which makes it worse.
Needless to say, I am very wary at parties where alcohol is involved. ^^'

I guess I have necrophobia, the fear of death.

Ironic considering your avatar is a skeleton. ;)

Claustrophobia. Not clinically diagnosed, but I think once you reach the point of both a physical and mental breakdown it can class under that. Found out when I was on a school camp - artificial caving was one of the activities. It's basically a series of shipping containers which make one maze with multiple levels, where you're on your hands and knees most of the time (sometimes stomach) and it's pitch black. I went in, turned right around and came back out in tears. Couldn't speak or walk for maybe an hour after that.

I'm pretty weird I don't have common fears, I'm cool with spiders and snakes(unless they have venom of course) but I have some irrational fears Vermiphobia(worms) I forget what its called but the fear of chickens(don't ask o.o)

Fear of the Dark, well try not to, when I go to bed always have my lamp on. It was since I was little beginning when I saw a tv show it was about ghost, guess that when I was scared of the dark cos there might be ghosts about. Maybe it's the ghosts I have fear of.

Fear of the future, don't know if that phobia. Kind of worried about what will happen, you never know what might happen. Not sure is that phobia/fear.

I have Aquaphobia, the fear of water technicaly, but I can't stand swimming on any level. It has something to do with the fact that I could move every limb of my body, continue sinking and stop breathing altogether. Just awful to think about really.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm afraid of the sea, or more specifically, the things in it. I'm a strong swimmer and I love deep water, but the sea is terrifying and I'm too scared to go more than ankle deep. I hate being afraid of this because once some friends were having a mud fight in the deeper part and I really wanted to join in but I couldn't bring myself to go any deeper and ended up sitting alone for an hour. I was able to go waist deep in a different beach with my school friends though. (That was impressive for everyone because it was freezing)

I'm scared of most things, but this is the one thing I would stop being afraid of if I could.

Nyctophobia, acrophobia, and aichmophobia. The last one is weird, because I don't freak out around shop objects meant for hurting things, I only freak out around needles and steak knives. Hunting knives, swords, stilettos, etc. are all fine with me, but then again, I have never cut myself with any of the latter. I cut myself with a kitchen knife when I was little and needles just freak me out. "That thing is supposed to go under my skin? Why? Why can't I get the mist or something?"

My nyctophobia has gotten much better, I just have a really overactive imagination.

My acrophobia has gotten much better since I've started doing things like zip-lining, but my acrophobia has narrowed itself down to aerophobia, the fear of flying, which sucks, because my family travels a lot.

My fears used to be a small list.

It was Spiders and the unknown.

But from almost being shot down, I have added flight, heights, and tight spaces to it.

needles just freak me out

I feel ya.

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, when we had needles at school, I hid at the back, cried then they made me lie down because I was freaking out that much. I think they were scared I'd throw a chair or something, idk.

(edited)

-Coulrophobia = Fear of Clowns

-Pediophobia = Fear of Dolls

-Glossophobia = Fear of Public Speaking

-Acrophobia = Fear of Heights

-Elevators

-Coulrophobia and Pediophobia - Do I even need to say anything? These two are pretty self-explanatory. They are creepy as all hell.

-Glossophobia - This one is more personalized for me since I have Selective Mutism which means my anxiety is very high and I have trouble talking to those I do not trust. So this one scares me a little too much. 

-Acrophobia - I only discovered this recently. I can take heights to a certain level, but if I go too high... Yeah, I feel like that even if there is something there to prevent me from falling, I still think it will happen.

-Elevators - I have always hated elevators and would much rather take the stairs. In fact, it's not the closed space that scares me, it's getting trapped inside it. I know it's rare but I really still hate them. 

I also have an extreme dislike and distrust for planes right now. I would much rather take a helicopter than get on one of those death-traps again. 

When I was younger, I also used to be afraid of the ocean but now I love the ocean so... I think that about covers it.

Edited by SquipyCheetah

I don't have many fears, but the ones I do have are pretty bad.

Most of my fears are existential, like the meaning of life and all that, but some are more normal, like fear of heights. I also have a fear of the ocean, or really water in general, pretty much any situation where it's hard to move and I can't see anything around me.

My worst fear of all is wasps. No idea why. It's totally irrational and I can't explain it, but I just hate wasps. Just seeing the silhouette of one, or even hearing buzzing freaks me out.

I used to have a phobia of dogs, which as bad now, but it's still there. I can be around dogs and be just fine, but there's always that little pang of fear in the back of my head. I find it stupid, but meh.