Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rivulet

I don't have any typical fears, really. Nothing like snakes, spider, bugs or the like. My greatest fear is being negatively judged by others.

This stems from the fact that I was always belittled by my father just because I had interests that he didn't understand. He would always be telling me that the games I played, the shows I watched, or whatever I liked, was stupid. It didn't help my self-esteem at all. It led me to be overly secretive about my interests and desires, and whenever anybody asks what I'm doing I just say, "Nothing".

Basically, because of my fear, no one knows anything about me cause I keep it a secret from everyone. The only one who does is my Fiance, cause she's as weird as I am. Took me forever to divulge my weirdness to her, though.

• Brohoof 1

Let's see, I have a fear of the following:

Crowds (Enochlophobia)

Spiders (Arachnophobia)

Dying/death (Thanatophobia)

Losing friends

Those are the ones I can think of right now.

(edited)

-Pedophobia (Fear of children)

-Anatidaephobia (Fear of ducks)

-Claustrophobic (Everyone knows  what this is)

-Coulrophobia (Fear of clowns)

I also have a fear of Erwin Smith's eyebrows.

Edited by Sydney
  • Brohoof 1

- My longest and most prevalent fear has always been the dark, or, what I think is in the dark. I've always had to sleep with my light on and sound in the background (whether it's leaving the TV on, or playing some music) because I'm terrified of what might be hiding in my closet, or under my bed. It's a childish fear that I've tried to overcome many times, but I just can't seem to. I think my fear heightened when I was smaller because my sister would lock me in a dark room when she was angry with me and in my panic, I could never even begin to find the light switch. 

- Big crowds are another one, which is why someplace like the mall is not something I look forward to visiting. I feel like everyone's staring at me, and I usually begin to get twitchy and nervous. It's even worse when the damn salesman at those kiosks approach me and try to force their product on me.  >_>

- Insects, primarily moths. They frighten the daylights out of me and I once nearly jumped out of a moving car when I saw a moth was inside. They're harmless, but they just look terribly ugly. Ugh.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'll give you a fear which absolutely freaking stinks like heck :<

Agoraphobia. it's one of the worst, and unfortuately i've developed it/it's gotten worse over the last few months, but thankfully im tackling it as of now.

Edited by EllieTheFuzzy

(edited)

Afraid of snakes, OP? Stay far away from me then, my child. 

I have a very uncommon phobia, so uncommon it doesn't have a name, but I know others (not personally) that have it. It's basically the fear that anything pointed will poke my eyes. I cant even sleep facing one side of my room because the corner of my dresser points towards my eye. I get severe anxiety and my eyes go into some kinda of panic blinking. People will point at me and my eyes just start spazzing out. I cant even use eyedrops. I'm absolutely terrified of my eyes popping out or getting poked out. 

I wouldn't go as far to say I have Arachnophobia, but I do hate spiders. Unless they're really big, then i'm out faster than sonic the hedgehog.

edit: totally forgot, I also have odontophobia. The fear of dentists. Doctors are fine for the most part, but DENTISTS. Nope.

Edited by Snake

1. Spectrophobia or Catoptrophobia - a specific kind of phobia where you're afraid of seeing strange images/apparitions in mirrors. I KNOW THIS IS REALLY WEIRD AND STUPID but this is by far my #1 fear. I cannot look into a mirror at nighttime because I am literally terrified of seeing a strange face or a ghost staring back at me. I have to run past the mirror and close my eyes.

2. Latrophobia - fear of going to the doctor. This is super irrational because I know doctors are literally made to save lives, but I get such bad anxiety about going. I couldn't even tell you why. But I hate it.

3. Specific social phobia - unlike general social phobia which means you're scared of socializing in general, I have a specific social phobia where I am afraid of talking to authority figures. Idk I get reallyyyy intimidated when I have to talk to people who have more power than me, like at work and stuff. It's bad, to the point where I get super worked up about it and feel my heart beat faster, I get butterflies in the stomach, I start to tear up. Ugh it's really dumb and childish, but I can't help it.

• Brohoof 1

1. Spectrophobia or Catoptrophobia - a specific kind of phobia where you're afraid of seeing strange images/apparitions in mirrors. I KNOW THIS IS REALLY WEIRD AND STUPID but this is by far my #1 fear. I cannot look into a mirror at nighttime because I am literally terrified of seeing a strange face or a ghost staring back at me. I have to run past the mirror and close my eyes.

Never heard of that one before. Huh. Interesting.

- Hemophobia (Fear of blood)

- Glossophobia (Fear of public speaking)

- Monophobia (Fear of being alone)

- Trypanophobia (Fear of needles)

- Autophobia (Fear of being abandoned)

- Athazagoraphobia (Fear of being forgotten)

Disposophobia (Fear of getting rid of stuff)

- Taphophobia (Fear of being buried alive)

Entomophobia. Insects are pretty much my biggest fear. If one comes near me i run and scream like a little girl.

• 5 years later...

In The fillypines the cure for phobias is introduction to phobias!

Dad: you afraid of drawning?

Me: yup 

Dad: * throws child at a deep pool*

Me: skriiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeee!!!!!!!! Gurgle gurgle..........

Dad: *grabe child* you afraid of it now?

Me:....... Nope.

Dad: good answer! Am proud of ya!

..... And thats how i learn to swim.... 

* Twitch twitch:blink:*

Im an excellent swimmer now... Just close your ears cuz i tend to scream while swimming......

I think I have a phobia of performing on stage and a microphone phobia. The memory of a young me in a summer camp where I had to say a few words from stage in a mic and stuttered in front of the crowd as soon as I heard my voice still haunts me:worry:

6 hours ago, Vefka said:

I think I have a phobia of performing on stage and a microphone phobia. The memory of a young me in a summer camp where I had to say a few words from stage in a mic and stuttered in front of the crowd as soon as I heard my voice still haunts me:worry:

....yeah i remember having that too..... But dad has something to say about that aswell.... And so is heights... Im still afraid of heights.... But my work introduces me to a lot of very very high heights... 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I have a lot of phobias but the 3 I have in mind right now are height, spiders and water... I'm not really afraid of water but I fear what might be swiming in it faster than I am without me knowing! So I'm totally okay with pools but the ocean is terrifying for me! :(

Submechanophobia! Like, I think submerged animatronics are interesting, but they also scare me to no end! :adorkable: 

I don't know what it is but seeing submerged animatronics, especially sea serpents, is both a yup and a nope for me! :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

• 10 months later...

I am so Acrophobic it’s not even funny, like, try to get me to rock climb 50ft above ground and I’ll just start freaking out for real, I will never ever skydive either, how do certain people cope with that much adrenaline is beyond me?!

Snakes is something I fear too, not only are they hideously ugly, but they can also kill you, the reticulated python is a prime example since they can prey on humans and not just animals, there are real stories already documented of those ugly bastards killing and eating farmers in Indonesia, so I certainly do not want to be anywhere near one, thank god I don’t live in their territory, because I would just leave and relocate in a heartbeat!