Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are the writers trying to make Rainbow Dash more likable?

cider float

(edited)

It's been awhile since I've seen RD's proud and competitive nature. But lately in Season 5 there was that episode with her and Tank being all caring which struck me as a bit forced and awkward and the flashback with her and Gilda. Hmmmmm

I think there's already enough people that like Dash for the way she was drawn up without the need to change her. Why do they have to make her look soft?

I mean you can compare that with Fluttershy who appeared so aloof and insensitive to Discord in Make New Friends but Keep Discord.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 2

I think she has always been likable, I think the thing in Dashes character is that she wants to look good when her friends or other ponies are around. It's like a reputation thing, but sometimes in these kind of situations where she is needed she puts everything else aside and focuses on what needs to be done like when she gave advice to Scootaloo that one time. This side of her character wasn't so well potrayed in earlier seasons, because we almost always saw Dash with her friends.

Tanks of the memories episode was a good example that there can be a lot of pressure built on her. Just because someone seems tough doesn't mean that they can't cry, they usually hide it because they want to look tough and hold a good image.  I think it was really deep and well potrayed episode and moment of the show and it adds so much into the characterization.

Fluttershy who appeared so aloof and insensitive to Discord in Make New Friends but Keep Discord.

I think Fluttershy wasn't so insesitive she was having good time with Treehugger, It is important to keep in mind that the episode was pictured from the Discords point of view which makes it seem like Fluttershy was being insesitive.

• Brohoof 4

It's been awhile since I've seen RD's proud and competitive nature. But lately in Season 5 there was that episode with her and Tank being all caring which struck me as a bit forced and awkward and the flashback with her and Gilda. Hmmmmm

I think there's already enough people that like Dash for the way she was drawn up without the need to change her. Why do they have to make her look soft?

I mean you can compare that with Fluttershy who appeared so aloof and insensitive to Discord in Make New Friends but Keep Discord.

Everypony is nicer after 4 seasons  :lol:. Haaahhh, i miss ss 1-2 where everyone is asshole, mental breakdown...  :wub: . Anyway, you are right, we NEED "Fall weather friend" Dash back (not Maredowell Dash :angry: ). Haizzzz, My little ponies are growing up  :D but sometime i want them to be "little" longer  :blush: (Character development is always nice but you know wat i mean :( )

• Brohoof 2

Everypony is nicer after 4 seasons  :lol:. Haaahhh, i miss ss 1-2 where everyone is asshole, mental breakdown...  :wub: . Anyway, you are right, we NEED "Fall weather friend" Dash back (not Maredowell Dash :angry: ). Haizzzz, My little ponies are growing up  :D but sometime i want them to be "little" longer  :blush: (Character development is always nice but you know wat i mean :( )

I miss the mental breakdowns.

Rainbow Dash has become more likable than she already was back then. That scene from Tanks for the Memories struck me like a bolt of lightning.

She's now become my 2nd best pony to date.

• Brohoof 2

I didn't find those episodes to feel forced personally. In fact, Rainbow felt entirely in character to me!

Just a bit more developed. I mean, look at twilight sparkle...compare how she is now to her season 1 counterpart, and there's been a LOT of change!...but that same adorkable pony is still there, just more developed now! Same goes for Rainbow imo.

She's had 5 seasons to grow closer to her friends/pets, and learned a ton of lessons since the show began, so I guess it just makes sense to me. 

• Brohoof 1