Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fan theories you hate.

Zoraxe

Tyrantlestia- Celestia is a genuinely kind and caring ruler and mother figure so why is she is seen as evil.

Discord is Starswirl the Bearded- Is there really any link between these two? Gummy has a better chance of being Starswirl.

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie Pie having any sort of psychological condition. As a matter of fact, any pony having a named psychological/psychiatric condition. It is not MLP's domain to deal with such issues.

Also, I'll have to go against the grain here and say that I find the theory that all five seasons took place in the span of a year to be straight-up unbelievable in any world. You don't just go from coming out of your shell to becoming ruler of the land that fast. That takes at least a few years of preparation. Also, through statements like the show's liberal use of "moons" as a time unit, as well as "Winter Wrap-Up" coming before "Fall Weather Friends", it's evident that the show has no consistent concept of time, so it's not exactly worth hurting your brain over.

Any fan who adamantly sticks to an unproven theory in this show is absolutely fooling themselves. I've seen an entire bandwagon of fans adhering to unproven theories on YouTube, to which point I say that it isn't your show to be imposing your own rules on. While there are some elements of the show that invite critique and analysis, there are elements that may be interesting, but absolutely inconsequential to the show itself and its practical story style. Nothing against you if you come up with interesting theories (Digibro's pony ages theory and Tommy Oliver's views on education in Equestria are two of my favorites), but if you are so adamantly stuck to them that you cannot consider the possibility that the show could go against them, there is something wrong with the way you are consuming this show. Hence the near-drama over the 100th episode.

• Brohoof 1

Couple others I hate:

"Applejack is a background pony". Joke or not, she's done alot of the show, and alot for nearly every character in the show. She's done more than Rarity, Fluttershy, and half the time Rainbowshit....how the hell is she a background pony? Not counting Hasbro's stupidity with ignoring her in some merch.

And Fluttershy...oh gawd...so what, she stopped one random dragon once...that doesn't mean her "stare" or whatever, is going to stop anything and everything they come across. People act like it's the ultimate weapon or something...when it really hasn't done squat since the cockatrice. Sure as hell didn't stop Sombra and Tirek...

And good old Dr. Whooves...serouosly...no. He may be based on one of the doctors, but he's not them. At most, he's just a workaholic scientist. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Every headcanon with Luna. Seriously, she's not innocent, but 99.99% of her headcanon has her as the "innocent victim, who was abused by her evil sister".

Luna let her own jealousy and hatred get the best of her, and tried to enslave Equestria. Celestia did the best thing she could do, aside from killing her own sister, and even gave her a second chance after the mane six cleansed her of that darkness.

Luna's great.  I'm definitely a Luna fan, but I also partially agree with this.  After presumably centuries of feeling marginalized and inferior to Celestia, Luna slowly gave in to darker impulses and let envy and pride corrupt her.  That doesn't make her a bad pony, but it does mean she made a huge mistake and unfortunately when a pony of Luna's power and position makes that kind of mistake then the consequences are appropriately proportional.

That said, since Luna's return she's reintegrated into pony society and Celestia now realizes that she didn't see the warning signs early.  It's not Celestia's fault that Luna became Nightmare Moon, but if she had perhaps been a little bit more attentive and open then Luna wouldn't have given in to her darker aspect.

It's not as simple as you're making it out to be, I think.  It's just that casting a critical eye on some aspects of the show turns up some some surprisingly deep moral quandaries.  Yes, it's Luna's fault for becoming Nightmare Moon, but perhaps a tiny bit of negligence can be attributed to Celestia for not realizing the problem and failing to talk it out with Luna.

Edited by Midnight Justice

I have an irrational hatred for people who think Vinyl and Octavia are lovers or roommates

That was the one part of episode 100 I despised (with Secret Agent Bon Bon being a close second)

Might just be my hatred for Dubstep leaking through

I think Vinyl would make electronic music, something similar to Caravan Palace or Parov Stellar

Another thing I despise is "Lyra likes humans"

I could see her studying ancient ruins from lost civilizations, but not desperate to find a human and breed with it and do things to its hands

It's things like that that make me leery of being more involved with the Fandom

So far, I think the only thing we've done right is Fallout Equestria

(edited)

What is a tyrant? What does it mean?

tyrant (Greek τύραννοςtyrannos), in its modern English usage, is an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or constitution, or one who has usurped legitimate sovereignty. A tyrant usually controls almost everything, and is considered a ruler of horrible and oppressive character, even in spite of governing a free state according to just laws.

Taken from Wikpedia....

Edited by UnknownFry