Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fan theories you hate.

Zoraxe

For me, its that Celestia can tell the future and so losses on purpose.

Sorry guys, she flat out lost to Chrysalis, Tirek, and some vines. She is a powerful pony, not an all-powerful pony.

• Brohoof 8

1. Equestria is a post-apocolyptic (sp?) earth. Just no.

2. Any shipping that has no canonicity whatsoever. If there was an interaction between the two ponies, then yes, that's okay, but if they haven't even seen each other in the show, it bugs me to see them shipped. 

3. The whole theory about the six girls who died being the inspirations for the Mane Six. Just a lie someone made up for kicks.

• Brohoof 8

Tyrantlestia.

This is basically a headcanon, that for me is actually more fanon, because it comes from out of nowhere. The only reason that i can think, that this headcanon exists, is because, while Celestia isn't a Tyrant, she is certainly an autocrat.

I think most first world countries, where the people have a voice in it, have a certain problem with autocratic figures, because all who don't grand them a voice, are evil and tyrannical.

Most people then also ask "why has nobody stood up to her in the last 1000 years?" The answer is, because she is nice. A content population, dosen't rebel against a nice dictator.

• Brohoof 4

I really hate the whole Discord being Star Swirl the Bearded theory. It makes no sense. 

This one has never really clicked with me either.

Tyrantlestia.

This is basically a headcanon, that for me is actually more fanon, because it comes from out of nowhere. The only reason that i can think, that this headcanon exists, is because, while Celestia isn't a Tyrant, she is certainly an autocrat.

I think most first world countries, where the people have a voice in it, have a certain problem with autocratic figures, because all who don't grand them a voice, are evil and tyrannical.

Most people then also ask "why has nobody stood up to her in the last 1000 years?" The answer is, because she is nice. A content population, dosen't rebel against a nice dictator.

I totally agree with you. Sure, it makes a cool fanfiction, but it doesn't fit the context of Celestia's character or the show.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really focus too much on the theories.... I agree with some and disagree with others.... I can't name any in specific.... but to sum it all up I disagree with anything negative towards any of the characters... and agree with things that are quite interesting like Discord being Star Swirled.... there is no solid evidence but I think it would be an amazing plot twist....

Tyrantlestia.

That theory exist because of idiotic Luna fanboys who tries making it look like Luna never did anything wrong. 

• Brohoof 3

It's fun but maybe I dislike all fan theories on another level? Writers and directors change stuff about to fit the episode or a block of episodes they are making. They should be free to do that. But fan theories have lead to some great fan works. So I guess I don't hate any fan theories. I just roll with what I like and ignor what I don't think fits or is too involved.

I always though discord was the 'k' factor, like the oracle in matrix, just a creature made of the incidentals and anomolies left over from creation.

• Brohoof 1

Making assumptions on a pony's sexuality.

Most proof I see on these don't really hold much water and can be interpreted as friendly interactions. Rainbow Dash helping Fluttershy does not automatically mean shipping, friendly gestures do exist. 

• Brohoof 10

(edited)

I dislike (not hate) a lot of fan theories. Dinky being Derpy's Daughter, in spite of the fact that Dinky has been shown to be Golden Harvest and Written Script's child. Vinyl and Octavia being roommates (and while it was shown in recent canon that they share a building, I choose to believe that it was more of a recording studio, since it seemed like it was quite some distance from the other houses in Ponyville; so as not to annoy the other ponies with loud, blasting music), Lyra being obsessed with humans just because she sits weird, Lyra and Bonbon being lesbians, Derpy dating Dr Hooves, or that she's a complete idiot who doesn't even know how to spell her own name correctly, or that she's obsessed with muffins, Celestia and Luna being immortal goddesses, and.....that's all I got, off the top of my head. I'll think of more, most likely.

My little pony = The illumatnotti 

SOUNDS LEGIT!

Don't you mean, IllumiNeighty?

(or Illhoovinati)

Most proof I see on these don't really hold much water and can be interpreted as friendly interactions. Rainbow Dash helping Fluttershy does not automatically mean shipping, friendly gestures do exist. 

THANK YOU! Lest people forget, the show is called, My Little Pony, FRIENDSHIP is Magic.

Not, My Little Pony lesbian love is magic.

I really hate the whole Discord being Star Swirl the Bearded theory. It makes no sense. 

pff. We all know Star Swirl is Time Turner/ Dr Hooves

wait, y'all didn't know?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 1

I get it.  HORSE PUNS!  It's a coltspiracy, dancing with jon de lancie, YA BUNCH OF NEIGH SAYERS!

everything horse puns! (though personally, I DO believe in the Illuminati, and that it's even in MLP. No way Celestia's eyes look like the Eye of Horus on accident, and one always being covered) Never liked Sunbutt for that top reason (though there are others)

(edited)

Equestria having hostile foreign relations-- specifically military ones.

What few nations Equestria has contact with (for example Maretonia or Saddle Arabia) at the most hostile they seem to have pleasant agreeableness to the extent that reigning monarchs are visiting and meeting personally. The only argument by which people might imply Equestria even has the capacity to go to war is because they see Royal Guards when the show takes place in Canterlot, and assuming that Royal Guards = Equestria has an army. We've never even seen Police officers in the show. At one point we once see a private security guard, but that's it. I think it's reasonable to assume that crime in Equestria is almost completely nonexistent and that politics are very cordial in the world at present. For which reason, any theory conducive to large scale armed conflict is just the conflation of a fantasy rather than any logical outgrowth of the show's canon. Likewise with organized crime or capital offenses. (However I would grant that it would seem reasonable to assume that murders, if they ever happen, are treated with extreme gravity due to their infrequency-- and for which reason Equestria's justice system might have a hard time handling one. This thought is expressed in the crossover fan fiction Phoenix Wright: Turnabout Storm.)

Big Macintosh seems to be entirely a walking talking friendly gesture. Which is why any shipping with him usually requires inventing his personality beyond the depth of a spoon. The show-makers seem to want him to be a very cordial and helpful background piece (or plot reasons) and definitely do not want him getting romantically involved with any front-and-center characters due to how much that could potentially detract from story focus on the long run.

It would also annihilate the towns-folk culture which we see if Big Macintosh was actually a chick-magnet because it would immediately make many female Ponyvillians (a majority of the citizenry) suddenly very vapid.

Edited by Blue

everything horse puns! (though personally, I DO believe in the Illuminati, and that it's even in MLP. No way Celestia's eyes look like the Eye of Horus on accident, and one always being covered) Never liked Sunbutt for that top reason (though there are others)

I hwbdhfbh THINK SUNBUT ARE BEST PONY.  ALSO EQUESTRIA GIRL DOLLS NOW 50% AT YOUR LOCAL WALMART.

I copied this from another topic on this exact forum. forgot who posted it though. 

Remember when Spike was peering through the telescope, and focused it on this particular mare?

post-18785-0-59479200-1435041707.png  sig-3875374.avatar.jpg

Notice the similarities? Perhaps the reason Scoots has tiny wings is that she's part unicorn. And the reason we never see her mom is because she's a professional mime in Canterlot. And maybe the reason she never talks about her is because she's embarrassed of her mom being a mime.

Fan Theories I hate:

Equestria is post apocalyptic earth: Do you not see the part where CELESTIA AND LUNA CONTROL THE SUN AND MOON? If it was our earth and those two things were flagrantly thrown about for even a moment we would all die horrible horrible deaths, yet their celestial bodies barely do anything but shift night and day when they move about frantically. Also the sun and moon are far smaller and closer to the planet than ours is. Two HUGE indicators that its not our planet. Then there is the fact that there is no evidence what so ever that a human civilization was there. In shows that take place in a post apocalyptic setting like Adventure time they make it obvious in the background that there was a modern civilization before it all went to hell. 

That somehow shipping is the spawn of tartarus and shouldn't have a place in the fandom: Let folks have there fun, yes there are those who take it WAY to far and become annoying $@#$@#$@ about it, but people like me are just using it to further enjoy a show I like, kinda like fantasy football for those sports fans. Heck I even throw in crack ships and switch things up just to figure out how such a strange pairing could possibly work. Why? Cause its fun and I don't take it seriously. 

My least favorite theory is that Starlight Glimmer is Aria Blaze in pony form.

i see no proof of that besides their looks!

WHAT? That's a thing? Their goals aren't even the same for goodness sake! One wants equality and no fighting and the other one Literally FEEDS off of conflict. Also Aria isn't even a pony! If anything the Dazzlings and Starlight Glimmer would be mortal enemies. Who thinks up stuff like this?

Oi that one hurts the noggin, I'm getting some Tylenol 

• Brohoof 5

I really hate the idea of fans pairing two ponies just because they are seen together a lot in the background

• Brohoof 8

While fanon that's taken in jest or playfulness is fine, but I can't stand any theory that people take really seriously.

Derpy being Dinky's mother, or assuming any biological relationship between ponies that have any kind of physical similarity. It just bothers me.

Any jacked-up perception of Celestia that has been so decidedly squashed that it's not even funny anymore.

That heterosexuality doesn't exist in Equestria, even amongst canon couples. I'll ship cracks for fun, but damn.

Equestria as a post-apocalyptic Earth. Just because it works for Adventure Time doesn't mean it works for every goddamn cartoon out there. Basic astrophysics like orbit and rotation obviously don't work in Equestria; how can it be our Earth?

Dislestia. I can't stand the shipping between Celestia and Discord; it just doesn't fit for either one of them, especially when they allegedly got together when Discord was physically and psychologically torturing the ponies of Equestria and the relationship is somehow maintained after Celestia and Luna turned him to stone and left him for dead.

Discord being anything other than the chimera avatar of chaos. I've seen it all: Discord being Starswirl. Discord originating as some random pony. Discord being a corrupted Alicorn brother. No. He's Discord the draconequus. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Brohoof 2