Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fan theories you hate.

Zoraxe

1.Discord is Starswirl theory

2.That Discord and Celestia had a past together before he conquered Equestria

3.That Scootaloo is an orphan

4.That mane6 are not adult but are reflected by Equestria Girls age

4.That more than 1 year have passed since S1 (chronological theory about multiply winters)

• Brohoof 1

There's a lot to point out.
Mostly the shippings, and crazy theories like Equestria is post apocalyptic earth (wha?) and stuff like that. I highly doubt the makers of MLP would think that far into a kids show, especially. Any show for that matter, so that's why I highly dismiss them.  

• Brohoof 1

Not sure if this even counts but honestly the only 'theory' that ever bothers me is the whole 'Hasbro is trying to ruin the show because toys' thing. That theory is not exactly within the show but it is about it. Some may still hold onto such a view when it makes no sense. There are many things Hasbro could have denied in their 'tyannical production of toys'.

It's weird, pretty much none of the inner show fan theories bother me. :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I hate all theories, because frankly, as someone can take a show so seriously to see theories behind the animation, the story is only one and is the one that Hasbro shows and original comics Hasbro also. Therefore all theories are only theories and nothing else, does not deserve my respect or my time, that's my opinion.

161020__safe_rarity_animated_frown_paras

Edited by RaritySparkleArtist

The sexuality stuff is well overdone for sure. But one of the areas that really bothers me is how Equestria and especially ponies are presented as some utopian or near-utopian society that can do no wrong and is free from most social ills. We've seen Manehattan already and Apploosa, not to mention Starlight Glimmer so I don't buy that crap. FiM may be PG-13, but its not kumbaya. 

Ironically some of the theories that people have to make characters and Equestria better, just end up flanderizing and mock them by making them 1 dimensional and ridiculous.

• Brohoof 1

Discord is Starswirl - Exists under absolutely no basis

Tyrantlestia - Sounds like more "lets hate on Celestia" Bullshit

Orphan Scootaloo/Abusive Parents - For fucks sakes fandom, not everything about the character has to be depressing, let the girl be happy

Rainbow Dash is a lesbian - I still feel it only exists to fulfill a bunch of shallow stereotypes

• Brohoof 5

Rainbow Dash is a lesbian - I still feel it only exists to fulfill a bunch of shallow stereotypes

I don't know, I've seen some pretty telling stuff that has nothing to do with stereotypes. Most of it is from the comics though so take that with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't write off the possibility just because "it seems like a stereotype"  

People pretty much already stated the ones I dislike, but I guess I could list them again for maximum redundancy 

"Tyrant Celestia"

Discord being starswirl

orphan scootaloo

I hate all theories, because frankly, as someone can take a show so seriously to see theories behind the animation, the story is only one and is the one that Hasbro shows and original comics Hasbro also. Therefore all theories are only theories and nothing else, does not deserve my respect or my time, that's my opinion.

-snip huge friggin gif-

I see theories as just having fun more than being serious. But if you're going overboard with them like "tyrant celestia" and stuff like that then it gets kind of ridiculous. 

That somehow shipping is the spawn of tartarus and shouldn't have a place in the fandom

That isn't a theory, that's an opinion. 

• Brohoof 1

For me, its that Celestia can tell the future and so losses on purpose.

Sorry guys, she flat out lost to Chrysalis, Tirek, and some vines. She is a powerful pony, not an all-powerful pony.

I have to agree on that. It sounds more contrived than your own arguments.

One that I never really liked was the theory that Celestia is evil, its overdone and there's very little things supporting it. Sure its an interesting idea, but only for fanfiction.

(edited)

Some of the ships are a little weird, but most of the stuff that really bugs me was done by Hasbro & not by fans.  The 2 biggest annoyances are the EQ Girls & the fact that Hasbro is bringing back some of the G1-G2 villains & completely ignoring Megan.  OK, that stuff would clearly be thousands of years in the past, but seems like there should at least be some legends.

Edited by sweetolebob18

5 of the mane 6 are lesbians (excluding Rarity). I'm sick of it. Every time I cruise through Deviant Art. I always come across a lesbian Twilight or AJ or RD or some pony. Everyone knows that IF Rainbow or some pony was gay. The show would end because of all the shit HASBRO would get from parents.

The straight pairings are also freaking ridiculous. "I ship Rainbow and Soarin!" Are you serious? Soarin would be trying to get with a baker (not AJ) because of all the pie he could get.

• Brohoof 1

Making assumptions on a pony's sexuality.

Most proof I see on these don't really hold much water and can be interpreted as friendly interactions. Rainbow Dash helping Fluttershy does not automatically mean shipping, friendly gestures do exist. 

There's also the obnoxiously constant (and constantly obnoxious) assumption by some fans that all ponies are irrefutably heterosexual. x3  As though Equestria would surely fall into ruin should a mare actually like like another mare.

90% of shippings I don't approve of, because as relationships they are not interesting to see in the slightest, or they are a paring of two characters that have no character outside their pairing and some very very base traits (looking at you lyrabon).

(edited)

Any theories that any ponies have some nonsensical, as-of-yet-unrevealed, dark and mysterious past.

Though it's not a theory so much as straight-up bullshit: Any characterization of any member of the Mane Six as a murderess.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby
  • Brohoof 2

Any theories that any ponies have some nonsensical, as-of-yet-unrevealed, dark and mysterious past.

Though it's not a theory so much as straight-up bullshit: Any characterization of any member of the Mane Six as a murderess.

Nah, it could easily be canon that twilight murders small infants in her free time. Gotta stay true to 18th century nobility and all that.

• Brohoof 1

I hate the theory of how Silver Spoon is just pretending to be mean or is a beleaguered assistant of Diamond Tiara. If anything, if this was true, it would only make me dislike Silver Spoon more because it shows that she knows that what Diamond Tiara is doing is wrong, but she goes along with it anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Every headcanon with Luna. Seriously, she's not innocent, but 99.99% of her headcanon has her as the "innocent victim, who was abused by her evil sister".

Luna let her own jealousy and hatred get the best of her, and tried to enslave Equestria. Celestia did the best thing she could do, aside from killing her own sister, and even gave her a second chance after the mane six cleansed her of that darkness.

• Brohoof 5

Every headcanon with Luna. Seriously, she's not innocent, but 99.99% of her headcanon has her as the "innocent victim, who was abused by her evil sister".

Luna let her own jealousy and hatred get the best of her, and tried to enslave Equestria. Celestia did the best thing she could do, aside from killing her own sister, and even gave her a second chance after the mane six cleansed her of that darkness.

I'm a huge Princess Luna fan and I can't help but agree. I hate how fans have to demonize Celestia for what she did to Luna, even though it's very clear on who was in the wrong.

However, Luna didn't try to enslave Equestria. She turned into Nightmare Moon and wanted to cause eternal night.

• Brohoof 6