Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual Baltimare RP Reboot #2

Fender

@@@Cherry_Bloom, @@Ochre_Dust@@MiniKirby123

Guy-Man had a look of shock on his face as he turned around in a flash, however, the momentum from his turn caused the guitar on his back to hit the prankster across the face rather hard, knocking him to the ground. "Oh Celestia, you scared me, sorry about that though," he said, offering his hoof to the downed stallion.

Blaze was about to laugh his flank off, but got hit by instant karma, or more specificly a guitar. The impact knocked him back, and broke his shades under his mask. His one eye widened, he didn't want others to see his misskng eye. The prank victim offeres his hoof, and Blaze took it "it's alright, i guess instant karma is a thing huh?" Said Blaze trying to act cadual despite his panic "The name is Blazedtime, or stage name anonymus, what about you?" Asked Blaze

Cherry gasped softly and walked around the cart. " goodness!!! Are you two alright? " she asked worriedly looking at Blazes face. She frowned. " my... He got you pretty good there sugar cube." She said going back behind her cart she grabbed a bag and filled it with some ice from her cold box then gently placed it against his cheek. " here. This should help. " she said softly.

She looked back at the other stallion. " are you alright? He gave ya a good fright. " she said with concern.

@ @Cherry_Bloom, @Jellal Fernandes, @MiniKirby123,

Before Aqua could answer Guy-Man's question, she noticed some masked pony behind the stallion a moment before he shouted 'Boo!' at Manuel. Aqua tensed her muscles to give a good tongue-lashing, but instead fate decreed a guitar-themed reprisal was in order, and she quickly had to hold in a triumphant 'Hah!' of her own before composing herself.

"Well, that certainly doesn't happen most evenings. I've heard heard of a six-stringed jack, but I think this was more of a six-stringed slap!"

Aqua moved to be closer to Guy-Man's side. "As for my name, my parents named me after my coat color, Aquamarine. And when I discovered my cutie mark in pottery? Well, Amphora had an additional ring to it that I liked."

@@Ochre_Dust, @@Cherry_Bloom, @, @@MiniKirby123,

"I think I may have heard of you," Guy-Man said to Blazedtime, putting his hoof on his chin. "The name is Guillaume Emmanuel de Homem-Christo, better known as Guy-Manuel of Daft Pony. A pleasure to meet you."

"I'm fine, just a bit startled, well, more than a bit..." he said to Cherry.

"A beautiful name to match a beautiful color, and mare if I might add," Guy-Man said to Aqua.

Edited by Jellal Fernandes

Hearing Guy-Man's compliment, Aqua's heart fluttered as she was certain her name-sake color would need to shift to 'Magenta' as her cheeks flushed. He had a way around words, and what a mare liked to hear, at the very least. "So, Manuel, will you be performing anytime tonight? I want to make certain I'm there to hear you ply your craft."

@@Ochre_Dust@@Cherry_Bloom, @, @@MiniKirby123,

"I may, I'm here more to listen to music, however. I'm taking a short break from the band to make a solo album. Well, not necessarily a solo album... I'm travelling the globe to get the sounds of the world, and collaborating with local artists. Each city seems to have a specific genre of music associated with it, and I can't seem to get a fix on what genre Baltimare is, as it's very culturally diverse," Guy-Manuel said. "Oh, I apologize, I'm rambling. What might you be doing here?" 

@@Ochre_Dust@@Cherry_Bloom, @, @@MiniKirby123,

"I may, I'm here more to listen to music, however. I'm taking a short break from the band to make a solo album. Well, not necessarily a solo album... I'm travelling the globe to get the sounds of the world, and collaborating with local artists. Each city seems to have a specific genre of music associated with it, and I can't seem to get a fix on what genre Baltimare is, as it's very culturally diverse," Guy-Manuel said. "Oh, I apologize, I'm rambling. What might you be doing here?"

Blaze smiled when he heard that he was also a musical artist. "Nice to see that you are an artist yourself, i'm going to be performing myself" Said Blaze. He also wanted to ask Cherry out for a dance, but did he have the guts was the real answer... He noticed that he was a bit hungry so he figured why not ask Cherry. He walked up to her "Hey Cherry, thanks for the ice back there, it helped me out a bit, and can i see what sweets you have to sell? Because i have become a tad hungry

"No need to apologize," said Aqua, even as the fluttering of her heart grew uncomfortable with the thought that this Guy-Man might move elsewhere on short notice. "I'm here for the music, and the socializing. I grew up in a big family at a rock farm, so I'm used to having a wide circle of ponies that I can spend time with. If you're going to be enjoying the sounds of Baltimare, I find the larger string instruments tend to be popular at the parties I've been to."

@@Cherry_Bloom@@Ochre_Dust, @, @@MiniKirby123,

"Duly noted," Guy-Man said to Aqua. "My album's just about finished, I'll be heading back to Canterlot soon probably, my parents want to catch up. Although I might head to Ponyville, I made a few good friends there. I might even head back to Manehattan, the music scene there is pretty great."

A rather unladylike word passed through Aqua's mind as Guy-Man confirmed her worries. But still, he was charming, and it would be pleasant to know somebody abroad if she ever travelled should he end up leaving, but the conversation wasn't pleasant in this direction, and there were other ponies to converse with.

"So, Cherry," she began, "I'm a little bit curious, do you operate your catering exclusively out of your cart, or would you happen to have some sort of... I don't know, a cafe that you run near your home when you aren't about on the streets and thoroughfares?"

Cherry Bloom nodded and returned to space other side of her cart to give every pony else some space. She quietly began prepping a new pie to replace the one she had just sold to Guy Manuel.

She hummed quietly as she prepared the pie thinking as she worked. *maybe it's just not my lot in life to be noticed. I'm no famous chef. Fame is for artists and musicians. The ponies performing tonight. Not for a Baker.*

She looked up when blaze spoke and she smiled. " oh you're welcome sugar cube!" She said softly. " I have all kinds of goodies available. " she said. " I have fruit pies, fritters, dumplings, cakes candies and the fixings to make some delicious salads or sandwiches. My specialty is daisy apple sandwich with berry vinegarette dressing. " she said with a smile. She wasn't quiet sure what it was but she couldn't help but feel like he wasn't truly simply interested in the snacks.

"So... Blaze are you in Baltimare for a while? Or just passing through with the music?" She asked casually.

She looked over at Aqua and blushed. " oh my. Well ya see I'm not originally from around here. I lived in a much smaller town and had a small cafe. But business wasn't working... So I sold and moved here hoping to earn enough to really make something of myself." She said seeming embarrassed.

Edited by Cherry_Bloom

@@Cherry_Bloom@@Ochre_Dust@@@MiniKirby123,

Guy-Man sensed that he said something wrong, but decided to leave it. "I'm heading off to check out the performers, everypony. It was nice to meet you all, perhaps we can go out later? The drinks are on me! I'll be on some time tonight, come and check me out later, and meet me just off the stage. I'll see you all later!" he said. 'At least I hope I do,' he thought.

Aqua immediately felt the need to slap herself as Guy-Man stated his intentions to leave just as she was about to speak business with Cherry. A strong desire to not muss the ribbon in her mane was able to combat this feeling, leaving her with a voided sense of being torn. Casting a quick glance to the direction Guy-Man was taking off in she waved a hoof. "I'll hold you to that!" she said with a giggle.

When he had made his way into the growing meandering crowds, Aqua focused on Cherry. Seeing the mare blushing as she recounted the beginnings of her business, the unicorn cooed reassuringly to the pegasus. "Oh, Cherry dear, that's a shame that things didn't work out in your old place, but with the quality of your goods, I think it was a demand-side issue."

Aqua leaned against the cart, crossing her hooves. "The reason I ask, and please tell me if this is a conversation you'd prefer elsewhere, my current lot, I have more room than I know what to do with at present. I'm already living in the third floor, and all the room I need for the store and workshop is on the first, but I have been looking for a business partner who was capable of running a business in a different vein. That way each of us drums up business for the other?"

Taking a deep breath, Aqua summarized. "What I'm saying is: can you see yourself opening a cafe to operate alongside my porcelain and jewellery shop?"

Cherry Bloom stared at her for a moment as if trying to make sense of what Aqua had just offered. She suddenly smiled brightly and nodded eagerly. 

"Oh my goodness! i would love that! I'm certain i could get great business if i had an honest to goodness store front! Especially if ponies are already coming to your store. And the ponies that stop in for a bite would visit your store on impulse!" she jumped up and down excitedly dancing around her cart at the thought of having a real working business.

"Are you sure??" she asked stopping in front of her looking at her curiously.

@ @Cherry_Bloom

Aqua nodded her head. "I have a distinct feeling about you, and my instincts haven't led me astray on my business since I've started. Of course there's quite a few details to work out, and you're going to have customers here at this festival. Do you have something I could write down my address on so you can see if my place would work for you, and so we can hash out the details at a more convenient time?"

She looked around in her cart and handed her a quill that had ink in it and pulled out a scroll. "here you go sugar cube." she said softly placing them on the flat counter on her cart. "I'm very excited and truly thankful for such a wonderful opportunity!" She added.