Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

rainbow rocks Why Do Aria Blaze and Starlight Glimmer Look Alike?

xxEquestriaNovaxx

Well aria blaze and the others got their gems smashed. So that would be and explanation for why she was a pony when she came back.

Plus, aria had wanted to overthrow adagio from the start. You can see that by some little hints that are given throat the show. That also explains why she thought that twilight's cutie mark was "important" to their cause. She had seen twilight in action. Tell me if you agree!

I agree with you. However, the difference in personality could contradict this. I think that she may have found a way back to Equestria and at some point hit her head and lost some of her memory. Then, when she saw Twilight she may have remembered that Twilight was powerful, but still kept her own personality. This is just a theory though. 

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like i'm in the minority here but...

It's just a coincidence. You guys gotta stop looking so deeply into this XD

Although EqG is not separate from MLP (though it appears they are trying to write out Equestria so it is a standalone series), MLP is separate from EqG. I'm pretty sure it is a recycled design, and nothing more. I don't blame them for reusing it, either: it is quite a good one. Glimmer does wear her hair differently, however.

Edited by Wubtavia

• 1 year later...

I saw the season 5 premiere before Rainbow Rocks and I didn't know that the movie had come out first, so when I saw the sirens in the cafe at the start, I immediately thought that that was a human Starlight Glimmer. By the time that scene ended I had realised it wasn't, but I still think that they were meant to look alike for some reason.

They've even got the same fringe!

from a deisgn point of view, there are 4 evil colours to choose from; Red, Green, Orange and Purple. So there only so many combos you can have. But even I think it was too close to similar designs here.

also noting haven drawn starlight a few times, she has 2 shades of purple in her mane, not the one main one.