Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Drawing Contest August 2015

ProjectRKA

(edited)

Is it essential that that the drawing should be show style pony as long as the message and theme gets across? I for one like to draw more abstract and feeling based artworks

I haven't considered this, actually. How abstract are we talking ?

Awesome! I might try this for once. But I have a question. What are "DA" points?

Also, I assume ponies with swords would work?

DA Points = DeviantArt points. And yes. Edited by ProjectRKA
  • Brohoof 3

Awesome! I might try this for once. But I have a question. What are "DA" points?

Also, I assume ponies with swords would work?

Deviant Art points. They can be used for DA based commissions. Or you can also opt for commission vouchers useable in our own Commission shops. ;)

Swords are fine, though remember to stay within the boundaries of the site rules in terms of NSFW (no gore).

• Brohoof 2

I haven't considered this, actually. How abstract are we talking ?

DA POINTS = DeviantArt points. And yes.

Well my art usually hovers around different colors and shapes I havent colored many pieces these days but this is my latest

post-28950-0-58794500-1438359525_thumb.jpg

also if I draw the piece with my pencil and color it digitally is it digital drawing or traditional?

• Brohoof 2

The showcasing of the winners in Poniverse Newsletter is, according to myself and my inexistent capacity of taking decissions, my job, so try to give me something to talk about, please.  

sig-3988696.tumblr_lqi2blK4i51r21p4ko1_5

• Brohoof 6

Well my art usually hovers around different colors and shapes I havent colored many pieces these days but this is my latest

also if I draw the piece with my pencil and color it digitally is it digital drawing or traditional?

There has to be mlp inspired characters in the piece, so they can be anthro or feral. Whichever suits you better. And for the latter, I think it would be considered digital.

But again, to make it clear; your medium of choice does not matter.

• Brohoof 2

Deviant Art points. They can be used for DA based commissions. Or you can also opt for commission vouchers useable in our own Commission shops. ;)

Swords are fine, though remember to stay within the boundaries of the site rules in terms of NSFW (no gore).

Must I have a DeviantArt account to parrticipate?

• Brohoof 1

Must I have a DeviantArt account to parrticipate?

In this contest? No you most certainly do not have to have a Deviant Art account. All you need is some inspiration and the ability to send the art to an email box. Also follow the theme/rules. Notice that the prizes have the option to choose DA points OR funds to buy a commission here.

• Brohoof 1

In this contest? No you most certainly do not have to have a Deviant Art account. All you need is some inspiration and the ability to send the art to an email box. Also follow the theme/rules. Notice that the prizes have the option to choose DA points OR funds to buy a commission here.

Oh. Alrighty then. Just one more question: What does it mean to buy a commision?

• Brohoof 1

*looks into DA folder*  :huh:

*sees last artwork uploaded as sometime in May*  :blink:

Uhhh, this would be great fun for me to pick up the pencil again   :lol:

It means you are paying an artist to do artwork for you.

Ok. Must I have to accept the prize money? can I pass it to someone else or do I have to accept it? (And sorry about asking so many question, I'm new to drawing conetests)

Ok. Must I have to accept the prize money? can I pass it to someone else or do I have to accept it? (And sorry about asking so many question, I'm new to drawing conetests)

This is actually a great question. Will bring this up with Jeric. :)

Prize money can be given to someone else if you want to.

Hmm. I suppose I'll give this a go.

16 Aug is a bit tight. But I'll see what I can do.

Not interested in the money or points much, but that member title looks rather slick.

• Brohoof 4

This sure is an exciting event for MLP Forums. I know it is for me, especially as an Octavia's Hall Staffer!

If any of you have general questions regarding this contest, please, let me know!

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 5