Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like Equestria Girls or My Little Pony Better?

Poptropica Player:)

64 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like Equestria Girls or My Little Pony Better?

• Equestria Grils
    • My Little Pony
  2. 2. Who is your favorite Equestria Girl?

• Sunset Shimmer
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Fluttershy
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Aria Blaze
    • Trixie
  3. 3. If you could live with/be anypony who would it be?

• Rainbow Dash
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rarity
    • Applejack
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Princess Cadence
    • Shining Armour
    • Big Macintosh
    • Granny Smith
    • Photo Finish
    • Trixie
    • Featherwieght

Also, I too would like too know. :confused:

I think you may have meant Aria Blaze (although Aurora Blaze would be a kick-flank pony name). :adorkable:

I would have to choose My Little Pony. Even though Equestria Girls is Awesome!!!

Thanks

Edited by CalicoCritterfan
  • Brohoof 3

Equestria girls is awesome but ponies had bigger impact one me in terms of visual design and  appeal though Equestria Girls are growing into me =)=)=)=)=)

My Favorite is Rarity =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)I dont know what you mean in second poll but I chose Rarity too =)=)=)=)=)=)=)<3<3<3<3<3 she is so lovellyyy =)=)=)=)=)<3<3<3<3<3<3

I like both, but since there's more pony, I went with that. 

Also, who is Aurora Blaze

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

I choose My Little Pony, more, but Equestria Girls is great.

Sunset Shimmer is my favorite EG characters, do like Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze (they won't show up) and do like some of the background ponies.

My favorite pony will be Twilight SParkle, also like Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Princess Luna and Celestria, also like ponies that not on the list, like Derpy, Vinyl Scartch and Lyra and Bon Bon and Minuette.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer my little pony to equestria girls; the universe just can't compare. There's so much potential for things in the MLP universe, but by its very NATURE, the EQG universe depends on "leeching" things from the Pony universe for magic and whatnot, which is a big part of what I enjoy.

I really am a big fan of the more magical girl aspects of MLP and EQG, and while there's infinite possibilities for this in FIM, there's not really as much in EQG.

Plus, I feel that the mane six just haven't transferred perfectly into the human world; Dash's wonderbolt and adventure dreams work in the pony world, but in the human world she's just an athlete without her wonderbolts dream; Similarly, as AJ's working in school and Granny's working as a cafeteria worker to support the family, the "family farm" aspect of her family doesn't seem to be there anymore.

As for favorite? Still rainbow dash :)

• Brohoof 2

Gotta go with the pony show, and this is coming from someone who likes EqG. :)

• Brohoof 2

Equestria Girls is no match for Friendship is Magic. The universe in FiM is just richer, more interesting and more dynamic.

Pretty much this. I've never really liked the EQG movies anyway.
  • Brohoof 4

Although they're each technically "My Little Pony," I like MLP:FIM far better. FIM is objectively better in almost every way fashionable.

1. The humor makes much more sense in Equestria than CHS. FIM is a cartoony fantasy, but CHS closely replicates real life, which makes the slapstick in CHS feel a little jarring. (This complaint, though, is more minor.)
  2. The worldbuilding is a lot richer and more ample than EQG. Everything in EQG centers around a very stereotypical version of high school. Because CHS is stereotypical, the rest of the worldbuilding follows suit by also being rather stereotypical. In FIM, you have a lot better worldbuilding, like the running of the leaves, making of winter, Canterlot, Starlight's town, etc. FIM's world is much more dynamic and endless, whereas you can't do that in EQG.
  3. Often, FIM is rooted on subverting clichés and stereotypes. When the stereotypes show up, they deserve to be slammed. Equestria Girls not only promotes the stereotypes. It celebrates stereotypes and wants the audience to lap it up.
  4. The writing quality in EQG can't even hold a candle to FIM. You have so many great episodes of FIM, like The Cutie Map, Amending Fences, Party of One, Apple Family Reunion, and Wonderbolts Academy. What are EQG's finest achievements? The three Rainbow Rocks sequel shorts and Music to My Ears. Nothing else comes close. Equestria Girls is an animated atrocity; the writing here is worse than Rainbow Falls. Rainbow Rocks is not near the failure of its prequel, but it's still bad in quality and suffers from many writing problems that even its predecessor did better, like the comedy. Also, the first film relies on a ton of fan pandering to get a response from the core fandom. If your shorts are better than both movies, then something is wrong.
  5. The basis of each are very different. FIM is the fourth generation and stands out for being a very unique take on its own franchise. On the other hand, EQG directly rips off Mattel's Monster High in character design, toy design, and market audience. (Rainbow Rocks rips off one of Hasbro's own franchises, Jem and the Holograms.) Several times, I ripped apart how sexist EQG's first-party toyline truly is. FIM attracts a much younger base demographic, but their fantasy world allows for very dynamic conflicts and morals that both kids and adults can appreciate and learn. EQG's sterile setting doesn't allow this growth to take place without transparent contrivances.
  6. The characterization of EQG's characters are much worse. Nearly every human in EQG is flanderized and acts like idiots; seriously why are they so petty to end a collective friendship based on an understanding that could've been solved by just asking about the text messages and emails? The only human character who keeps her character was Pinkie from the first film. Twilight's dynamic character is reduced to that of an immature teen who falls for Flash Sentry because he looks beautiful. Snips and Snails were OOC. Flash Sentry is the flattest character of the show. Sunset Shimmer was an even flatter villain than Flash, and her epiphany and growth are based on a complete character reset. The one character to actually improve from the main series is Spike; his character in EQG1 was his best appearance, and he was the best written character in RR despite being there just to help get his friends out from underneath the stage.

Hell, Monster High, the base of the spinoff and EQG's main competitor, is a better-quality franchise than EQG.

Who is your favorite Equestria Girl?

Must go with Pinkie Pie. Of every single character in this option, she's the only one who retains her original characterization the closest. The flanderization she suffered from in Rainbow Rocks was miniscule compared to the others, especially Rainbow Dash.

If you could anypony who would it be?

Not Silver Spoon or DT, because they're gigantic, spoiled bitches. But I don't want to pick the obvious option. I went for Photo Finish because I've always liked photography, and she's a nicely done secondary character overall.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 8

I feel Friendship Is Magic is winding down for me, and Equestria Girls just feels more fresher, and am more exciting of all the possibilities they can introduce in it.

Friendship is Magic, hands down. It tends to be written much better, and I like the characters in FiM way better than the characters in EQGirls, not to mention the music is better imo (as great as Helping Twilight Win the Crown/The Cafeteria Song/Darude - Sandstorm is)

EQGirls Rainbow Rocks was okay, but it still doesn't really beat FiM for me. The only thing I really feel EQGirls beats FiM at is how Spike is written.

Edited by Angry Cartoon Nerd
  • Brohoof 3

I like them both. But if I have to choose just one of them, then I choose MLP. MLP is set in a universe more interesting than EG. Also I don't really like the high school setting. However EG with time seems to be more interesting and also different characters are not bad. For example, the human counterpart of Trixie ...

Who is your favorite Equestria Girl?

but..what kind of list is ?? where's Trixie ?? and why Aria Blaze is in the list?? no vote

If you could anypony who would it be?

..........where's Trixie?.....