Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Luna's change between The Journal of the Two Sisters and Micro-Series #10

melody5697

I'm kind of confused by this. I mean, for the most part Luna's behavior in Micro-Series #10 doesn't contradict The Journal of the Two Sisters, but in The Journal of the Two Sisters, there's no way Luna would've called her subjects peasants when she didn't even call them her subjects or herself a ruler, and she certainly wouldn't have thought they were at her disposal. I don't consider the comics canon (and I haven't read them all yet), but I consider the personalities in the comics canon because there isn't much else to go on in Luna's case. But if there isn't a way to explain that change in Luna, I'll have to completely disregard everything in the comics. But it might be better that way, since I'm not so sure I can still consider Luna best pony if she thinks it's okay to use other ponies as chess pieces.

• Brohoof 1

Luna in the comics(or in Cook's comics anyway) feels like a completely different character from the show's. The show seems to have her as an awkward and kind of depressed pony with her moments of kookieness whereas in the the comics she comes off as Pinkie Pie 2.0, which always threw me off. As for Journal of the Two Sisters, I never read it, but I always assumed it was used to describe her early life, which would to me explain her behavior 

Edited by Green Biker Dude
  • Brohoof 2

Luna in the comics(or in Cook's comics anyway) feels like a completely different character from the show's.

Yup. Cook's comics are my favourite (they are the most fun to read) but to seriously consider them canon is far too problematic, especially when it comes to how the characters are written.

• Brohoof 2

Luna in the comics(or in Cook's comics anyway) feels like a completely different character from the show's. The show seems to have her as an awkward and kind of depressed pony with her moments of kookieness whereas in the the comics she comes off as Pinkie Pie 2.0, which always threw me off. As for Journal of the Two Sisters, I never read it, but I always assumed it was used to describe her early life, which would to me explain her behavior 

If I remember well, Luna was still a filly at the time of the journal, as she was very childish and mischievous. Obviously, the comic writers took many liberties with her. I won't say it's not endearing, but it makes no sense, because the Luna in the show won't ever act like it

(edited)

If I remember well, Luna was still a filly at the time of the journal, as she was very childish and mischievous. Obviously, the comic writers took many liberties with her. I won't say it's not endearing, but it makes no sense, because the Luna in the show won't ever act like it

I think Luna was in the alicorn equivalent to her early teens in The Journal of the Two Sisters. I got the impression that she looked around the same age as Princess Platinum, and the book called Princess Platinum a full-grown unicorn. And in the illustrations, Luna was the same height as an adult zebra, so that's more evidence that she had to have at least been in her early teens. She had childish interests, but so do my two best friends, and they're 14 and 15.

I always figured Luna just has different sides to her and that's why she acts totally differently in the comics. But I guess Micro-Series #10 did take it too far, since Luna in the show would definitely realize she needs to be serious in that situation. I guess I'll just disregard the comics. Yay, now I can go back to reading Princess Luna fan fictions without feeling like most of them are totally inaccurate! ^^ Except now that she's finally forgiven herself for turning into Nightmare Moon she might start acting differently and maybe she'll act more like she does in the comics.

Edited by melody5697

There is one way in which this disappoints me, though. I saw someone say Luna's personality type is ESFP because of the way she acts in the comics, and it's possible that my personality type is ESFP (it's hard to tell whether I'm ESFP or ISFP because the unfortunate events in my life have impacted my behavior a lot, but I'm almost certainly one of those). I just thought it was really cool to possibly have the same personality type as my favorite character.