Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A little cosplay advice..?

skysweep

Hi there...

Well, as per the title, I will be putting together my first cosplay ever, of Daring Do. I dont know how many people here know anything about it, but its worth a shot I guess.

I have no idea how to make certain parts, and am looking for advice on that front.

So the idea is that its anthro, and I have some explorer things, like the pith helmet, some pants....I will get the time to find the shirt....

But first things first. How should I make the wings? I was thinking of cutting out felt, and supporting it with thin rods in the fabric, then overlaying with actual feathers but I dont know how well that would work.

Second is concerning the pith helmet. Its the wrong colour, I literally got had to go abroad to get it, so I had to settle for whatever it was. Daring's helmet is a light beige, but this one is a darker brown. If it was the other way around I could just use my fabric paints since lighter to darker is easy. But this is the reverse, and I dont know what I should do. 

Finally, the mane and tail. Zero idea what the heck im doing. What I originally planned is to cut threads into thousands of bits and tie them all together to form the mane and tail, then trim it like hair to the proper design. But I dont know if thats the best way to do it. 

So thanks for reading and im looking forward to what you all have to say. 

I personally do not have much cosplay experience myself, but I've found that it is really hard to get a cosplay absolutely perfect the first time. It is alright to have an ideal in mind, but dont beat yourself up too much if it isnt exactly what you had in mind

For the wings, my initial thought is that you will need something more sturdy than felt. You may want to go with something like cardboard or card stock, which will hold a shape better than felt. You can try gluing layers of feathers on top to add more realism.

For mane, you might be able to get your hands on a messy gray wig (after all it is getting closer to halloween) that you can possibly cut and style, though it will mostly be covered by the helmet anyway.

For a tail, you could probably go with felt fabric or even yarn and attach it to a back belt loop, or make a makeshift belt with the tail attached.