Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

seeking advice A bit of a gaming related pickle.

Violet Storm

Friends, gather around. For I find myself in a situation most dire. Upon the great video game store, Steam, there lay two game bundles for $20 apiece. These are the original fallout (Fallout 1, 2 and tactics) and the New Vegas ultimate edition, with all DLC.

My predicament is thus, I have no idea which one I want first.

I have played through vanilla NV several times on 360, and am afraid that traversing the mojave yet one more time(even with a heavily modded game) might be a bit boring for me.

However, I'm worried that the turn based gameplay of fallout 1&2 will also be a bit boring.

Advice?

(P.S. I didn't really know where this topic should go, so I just put in life advice mostly for satire purposes.)

• Brohoof 1

I would go with Fallout NV since F1 and 2 might be a bit boring for you.

I don't think Tactics was even that good of a Fallout either.

Edited by Lunar Echo
  • Brohoof 1

I would go with Fallout NV since F1 and 2 might be a bit boring for you.

I don't think Tactics was even that good of a Fallout either.

I wasnt really looking to buy F1/2 for tactics. mostly for the experience of playing these classic games. And I like classic games.

I wasnt really looking to buy F1/2 for tactics. mostly for the experience of playing these classic games. And I like classic games.

Well you should keep in mind these older Fallout's were made for middle-aged men. The content is very adult and that can sometimes disrupt just how "fun" things are. It's also much much slower paced than the Fallout's you're used to and the visuals will be very underwhelming (example, reused locations copied and paced for miles). You could probably download a story mod for Fallout NV that lets you play the old Fallout's on the Fallout NV engine.

Well you should keep in mind these older Fallout's were made for middle-aged men. The content is very adult and that can sometimes disrupt just how "fun" things are. It's also much much slower paced than the Fallout's you're used to and the visuals will be very underwhelming (example, reused locations copied and paced for miles). You could probably download a story mod for Fallout NV that lets you play the old Fallout's on the Fallout NV engine.

That's a thing?

Where do I find it?

• Brohoof 1

Friends, gather around. For I find myself in a situation most dire. Upon the great video game store, Steam, there lay two game bundles for $20 apiece. These are the original fallout (Fallout 1, 2 and tactics) and the New Vegas ultimate edition, with all DLC.

My predicament is thus, I have no idea which one I want first.

I have played through vanilla NV several times on 360, and am afraid that traversing the mojave yet one more time(even with a heavily modded game) might be a bit boring for me.

However, I'm worried that the turn based gameplay of fallout 1&2 will also be a bit boring.

Advice?

(P.S. I didn't really know where this topic should go, so I just put in life advice mostly for satire purposes.)

I think fallout 4 will be better, and you should get that.

@@Violet Storm,

Go with New Vegas, mods are the spice of life. And it has all of the DLC. I've heard that Fallout 1 and 2 can get pretty boring if you aren't accustomed

to turn-based gameplay (i'm a fan of turn-based games, but I like real-time action gameplay better.)

It depends on the type of games you enjoy. The original Fallout games were more of a top-down RPG that has a more automatic combat system than in the Bethesda incarnations. If you prefer the FPS/RPG genre, then I would recommend getting the NV DLC, as I do hear that is very fun. If you prefer a more strategy based game, then I'd recommend the first ones.

Also, as people said previously, NV has a ton of mods you could get for it.

NV with mods is a fresh breath into a tired old nag. There are so many gameplay mods, such as Someguy 2000's, Beyond Boulder dome, and if you own the GOTY for FO3 A tale of two wastelands is a must as is Project Nevada.