Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Buy Premium Tickets For Pony Conventions?

GXPBlast

Anyone pay the extra money to get higher tier tickets at conventions?  Sure they may be more expensive but you get extra perks. If so please share what conventions you bought the higher tier ticket and what you received. Also was the ticket worth it in your opinion?

For me I got the Emerald Ticket for Ponycon 2016. Sure it was abit pricey but not only do I get great perks, but the best part is the VIP hangout with the special guests. So that means no harassment by security like at Bronycon, and you get to talk with the special guest like you would with any other human lol.

They last conventions I was at I just got the basic ticket.

What is you favorite perk that came with your higher tear ticket?

Finally, what conventions do you plan on going to in the future and what class ticket can you get?

Edited by GXPBlast

Well to answer the question I normally just get the basic ticket as money is always a big deal for me when I go to Pony conventions. However my last trip to Bronycon I got the one tier up it was not all that much more, and it was worth it simply because i did not have to wait in line.

As for conventions in the future, the only one i have planned to so far is Bronycon, and i will probably get just the basic ticket this year.

Aye, I purchased the Crystal Pony at BABSCon 2015 and High Society for 2016. I am actually pleased with the value of the perks I get at that con. BronyCon did not seem to offer the same value for their higher level badges though. 

My favorite perk? Um. Meet and Greet. I thought it would be the getting priority position in lines, but it turns out that wasn't as big a benefit at BABS as I initially thought. 

Well to answer the question I normally just get the basic ticket as money is always a big deal for me when I go to Pony conventions. However my last trip to Bronycon I got the one tier up it was not all that much more, and it was worth it simply because i did not have to wait in line.

As for conventions in the future, the only one i have planned to so far is Bronycon, and i will probably get just the basic ticket this year.

Even if you get the highest Bronycon Tier Ticket there is not Meet and Greet. The convention got so big and commercialized that there is really no point of getting higher tier tickets there IMO.

The meet and greet is what pays for the ticket itself for me at least lol.

Edited by GXPBlast

Even if you get the highest Bronycon Tier Ticket there is not Meet and Greet. The convention got so big and commercialized that there is really no point of getting higher tear tickets there IMO.

The meet and greet is what pays for the ticket itself for me at least lol.

Right, and thus the reason, I am going to get just the basic ticket. But Bronycon is still by far the best Pony convention out there, or at least that I have been to.

(edited)

Aye, I purchased the Crystal Pony at BABSCon 2015 and High Society for 2016. I am actually pleased with the value of the perks I get at that con. BronyCon did not seem to offer the same value for their higher level badges though.

My favorite perk? Um. Meet and Greet. I thought it would be the getting priority position in lines, but it turns out that wasn't as big a benefit at BABS as I initially thought.

Meet and greets are great. That alone makes it better than bronycon and is why I like smaller cons.

Edited by GXPBlast

For me I got the Emerald Ticket for Ponycon 2016. Sure it was abit pricey but not only do I get great perks, but the best part is the VIP hangout with the special guests. So that means no harassment by security like at Bronycon, and you get to talk with the special guest like you would with any other human lol.

What is your obsession with wanting to talk to special guests without security or other people nearby? 

What is your obsession with wanting to talk to special guests without security or other people nearby?

Could be a personal experience. Most opinions of this type our framed using a personal filter based around observation or direct experience.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Lauren Faust was announced for Ponycon, so glad I got the VIP ticket.

On a side note does anyone else find themselves frequently checking the twitter and site of their conventions they go to when guests are announced. I hope Tara Strong will be showing up this year as well as Ashleigh Ball.

Edited by GXPBlast

For Bronycon, I just buy regular tickets (hotel and air fare are expensive enough). Btu last year I did get the Super Sparkle pass to the first Ponyville Ciderfest. Thansk to that, I got a ticket to the Gala, (which caused me to run around the area for 30 min looking for the nearest JC penny to get dress shoes) and even then the gala itself was rather dull (especially since the "live string ensemble" cancelled at the last minute).  But, other things I got to do was earn a T-shirt, a mug, a poster, unlimited access to the cider bar and lounge (and the cider was super tasty), and finally, dinner with the guests of honor. I even got pics w/ Black Gryph0n & Michelle Cribber, who were super nice. Got to talk with Ingrid Nilson (Maud) who was a hoot to be around & Samuel Vincent (Flim, Party Favor) who was a cool dude.

Gonna be doing the same this year, except plushies of the mascotts are also being thrown in. And this time, I'll get to go for all 3 days. Ballin.