Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think FiM will ever be released on Blu-ray?

TubeSock2018

I've been wanting to buy a physical copy of the seasons on DVD for about two years, but I've been holding back on it because I figured they'd release them on Blu-ray someday.

I know Germany received season 1 on Blu-ray, but I've kinda given up hope for the same to happen here in the States.

What do y'all think?

I am surprised this has not happened sooner ot be honest. Considering the vastly superior quality of Blu-Ray AND the fact that the EQG movies are already on that very format, it would be amazing to have a collection of all the seasons on it as well. They are really missing something with that. :\

I really hope so.

In fact I really want, when the show ends them to bundle all the seasons and the movies (maybe even the EQG ones) in one box set.

Then have bones features like staff interviews and stuff like that. Put all that in a nice fancy box and I would totally be into that!  

I hope it happens someday, but I doubt it. I've been noticing a trend of less and less things being released on Blu-Ray. This is probably because, unfortunately, the average consumer doesn't have a Blu-Ray player, they either stream their media, or get DVDs. And even then, the market for DVDs is declining. I wouldn't be surprised if physical media dies within the next 10or so years. Sad really, I like having physical movies and TV shows.

Here in Germany, we got Season 1 and 2 on Bluray, with English Audio as well, so if you want the english version on Bluray, you could maybe just buy the german release, of course only if your Bluray Player is able to play all regions   :ooh:  ( have no idea if the english audio has the same sound quality as the german audio tough, since i only buy the dvds )

As for season 3 tough, we got a new publisher ( first it was Edel Kids for season 1 and 2, than Primal Screen for season 3 and onward maybe ) and so far it seems that the new publisher doesnt want to release the series on Bluray   :huh:

Edited by PsychoShy

Actually, once FiM is finished, I'd like them to release a Complete Collector's Edition featuring all seasons on Blu Ray; including behind the scenes footage, interviews of the cast and crew, and commentary for the staff's favorite episodes. Along with a slew of physical collector's items such as the Keys for the Tree of Harmony, or replicas of the Elements of Harmony, and so on.

But to answer your question, yes. If the movies come out on Blu Ray, so should the seasons.

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully they will seeing how the EQG movies have been released in blu-ray and it would make sense for the actual seasons of the show to follow through.

I'm honestly curious as to how well the Blu-Rays of EQG have been selling. Considering that many people buy the show digitally (for the better quality), I imagine many people wouldn't want to go to the effort to have the films in an entirely different format. Plus, as I said earlier in this thread, not many people have Blu-Ray players, even in 2015.

I hope so, the animation is so pretty (especially on the later seasons) that it would be a disservice to buy it on SD-DVD (also, I here the transfer/compressing on the current DVDs is really bad and does things like mute some of the colors)

I'm honestly holding out and waiting for BR releases before I buy the show on "tape" because I want the full HD experience out of it.