Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What don't you like?

LyraHeartstrings

S2E02's pacing irked me. The 22 minute time frame really made it feel rushed. Its 41 second recap wasn't completely necessary, and could have been spared, or at least trimmed in exchange for more time to shed upon, say, Discord's fall from power. Even 10 more seconds added to that scene could have improved it overall.

Yeah, I have to agree on that one. What really bothered me, though, was Twilight returning her friends to normal. I was fine with Applejack and her flash backs (I'm assuming it was some sort of memory spell Twilight used), but it would have been nice to see some sort of internal conflict. Have Applejack in a battle of wits against her lying self or something. But then again I love stuff like that so maybe it's just a personal preference. The others all seemed way too rushed as well (except Rainbow Dash's, but again we don't really see the internal conflict). I was actually a little disappointed with Rainbow Dash turning back as well. When I saw her with her head down after being turned back I thought we were going to see her crying for betraying her friends. Not that I really mind what they did with the scene, but I love emotional stuff.

All in all, I totally would have been okay with a third part. Even if only for more John De Lancie Discord antics.

I don't like the CMC as a group. When you see Applebloom or Sweetie Belle on their own they are rounded and interesting characters, but when they're all together they're just plain annoying!

Also there seems to be a bit to much "Rainbow Crash" around, it seems like no one can talk to her sometimes without needing to insult her, tho maybe she asks for it

Also there seems to be a bit to much "Rainbow Crash" around, it seems like no one can talk to her sometimes without needing to insult her, tho maybe she asks for it

Rainbow Dash isn't all of that nice, sometimes, though.

EDIT: Had more to say, but it was wrong because my memory was fuzzy. =/

Edited by Chorda

Didn't like Owl's Well that Ends Well very much. Might have something to do with that owl not being an enjoyable character... at all.

I agree. I kind of hope Owlowiscious doesnt appear in anymore episodes.

Things I dislike

-CMC need to get their cutie marks. The gag is wearing thin.

-How the 2nd season premiere felt rushed

-The Ticket Master

-Owl's Well that Ends Well

Snips and Snails: Teaching kids it's ok to run with scissors (snip's cutie mark). And it's ok to sneak out into the forest at night and bring a bear back to town. And did anyone else go :blink: when Snails said "mine's bigger!" in The Show Stoppers? That's a great phrase for kids to learn.

• Brohoof 1

I hate:

-Applejack's lack of "good" character development. (Right now she is on the bottom of my list of Favorite Mane 6.)

-Not enough Pinkie

-The fact that the "my little pony" in the title turns people away

-Not enough Pinkie

-No new songs yet

-Not enough Pinkie

-(Warning, sad news) From Daniel Ingram himself. "The intros the same, I don't know where that rumor came from." (We are still getting the remastered theme though.)

-Not enough Pinkie

and finally not enough Pinkie.

• Brohoof 3

Not enough AJ, and I say this because she only really had one episode where she was the sole focus, and that was Applebuck Season.

Sure, she was big in Look Before You Sleep and Fall Weather Friends, but she shared the spotlight between Rarity and RD respectively. AJ needs more solo episodes, eeyup.

I could say the same thing for Dash too. After that I got nothin'.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

I don't like Gilda. I don't dislike how the writers used her character, I just don't like her. She made Fluttershy cry. No forgiveness for that.

Sometimes folks like a character soley because everyone else hates them. Basically Gilda is this show's Draco Malfoy.

-(Warning, sad news) From Daniel Ingram himself. "The intros the same, I don't know where that rumor came from." (We are still getting the remastered theme though.)

Ouch. I was really hoping for a new intro, and was a bit disappointed when the first episode of season two hit with the old one.

... minor issue, though. At any rate, the remastered theme helps make up for it.