Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What don't you like?

LyraHeartstrings

Yes, I know that everypony loves every aspect of this show, but there has to be a couple small things ponies dislike....

For example: I dislike that at the end of "The Ticket Master," they all actually get their tickets. I believe it would`ve been better to have them all give it up for Twi, but get them in a later episode. Maybe at the beginning of Suited for Success or something...

Any thoughts?

I dislike the idea that they may never resolve the Cutie Mark Crusaders' blank flank issue just to keep it running throughout the show. :(

I would love an edited version of the CMC theme song.

• Brohoof 5

Yeah I am kind of over the CMC. They should def get their cutie marks this season. I like the characters but its blatantly clear what their marks are going to be at this point.

• Brohoof 1

I would love an edited version of the CMC theme song.

Totally agreed.

I mean, the song has potential, but Scootaloo pretty much ruins it with her voice (no offense, scoot ;) )

Edited by Lady Rarity

On the subject of the CMC, my beef is that they are pushing those three into way too many episodes.

A side episode here and there is good, but the team is trying really hard to squeeze them into episodes where they don't fit. For instance, their role in the Discord two-parter was awkward at best and the worst scene of the Season 2 pilot.

I have no issue with them in their character specific episodes, but they don't need to become regulars.

Edited by BonBon

Apparently they recorded a good version of the song, but never released it any where... Daniel Ingrams has it...

Talking about songs, I can't wait to hear that new remixed theme song! ^^

Also the whole elements of harmony thing felt way too forced in the first season. I am grateful it didnt turn up again until season 2.

Edited by Gummy

I would actually like a sense of connectivity in the episodes. I know it's not common to have connectivity in many kids' shows but it would be nice...

Oh, and although I love her, Pinkie has too much screen time.

Yeah, it seemed quite out of place when the CMC start fighting in front of Discord. That was just...weird. They should have used any other pony, perhaps even just Applebloom vs the two who teased her in the first episode she was relevant in.

<.< So who else is helping with the raid on Ingram's office?

On the subject of the CMC, my beef is that they are pushing those three into way too many episodes.

A side episode here and there is good, but the team is trying really hard to squeeze them into episodes where they don't fit. For instance, their role in the Discord two-parter was awkward at best and the worst scene of the Season 2 pilot.

I have no issue with them in their character specific episodes, but they don't need to become regulars.

Agreed. They did not have to be in the pilot, they contributed nothing. If they don't get their cutie marks soon, I'm gonna have to-

Also I dislike that Rainbow Dash saved the Wonderbolts' lives countless times, yet they haven't recruited her yet. (Yes, Rainbow saving that one guy's Pie counts.)

I would actually like a sense of connectivity in the episodes. I know it's not common to have connectivity in many kids' shows but it would be nice...

Oh, and although I love her, Pinkie has too much screen time.

Odd, I always felt Pinky never got enough until the later episodes.

im in on that raid :ph34r:

also, its not just the fact that rainbow has saved the wonderbolts several times, from what we've seen, shes just hands down a better flier.

Edited by evilshy

Oh, and although I love her, Pinkie needs more screen time.

Fixed.

• Brohoof 3

I dislike Snips' and Snails' proportions. I mean I know they're comedic relief characters and sorta a running gag, but something about them just irks me :blink:

Oh god, me too. They just bother me.

That, and I hated the ending to episode 2 of this season. It just... felt so rushed, and I feel like it was unnecessary for them to trap Discord in stone again. I loved everything else (even the CMC, I didn't think they felt out of place at all), but I just hated that ending. They could've done so much better.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think Snips and Snails have any place in the show at all. The guys are basically the dorks of town...in a town that has a population of 99% women.

And the only use they had was in Trixy's episode. Seriously, they have no other use it seems. I don't even understand their cutie marks.

I loved the two Discord episodes, but I feel that it would have been better as a three-partner. They had so much stuff to cram in in only two episodes and so, a lot of parts felt kinda rushed. Especially when Twilight converts them all back to normal in the second episode and the beginning of the first episode.

*picks up letter*

*reads for half a second*

"Come on, girls! Celestia wants to see us all in Canterlot immediately"

that part felt especially rushed

edit: hmm... ninja'd by Katrilli... sorta

Edited by Lady Rarity
  • Brohoof 1

I think they're from the rhyme:

"snips and snails and puppy dog tails,

that's what little girls are made of"

Edit: that was in response to Discordian. I didn't even notice there was a second page before commenting.

Edited by Katrilli

That would actually make more sense. lol

Normally I like the dork characters but these two...they just don't fill the role well enough. Maybe because they don't get enough screentime for us to love them.

And they're kind of jerks, in my opinion. Really? Letting a seriously dangerous monster loose just because you think it'd be cool? I know you're kids and all, but that just seems beyond stupid.