Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are the Cutie Mark Crusaders disliked by fans?

Love Hearts

Over the past two weeks I've actually grown to like them more. Mostly, due to the fact that individually, I love them being with thier sisters/sisterly figures *Rarity & SB, AJ & AB, Scoot & RD*, and so, I tolerate them in their crusading episodes much more now.

I think my problem was, like what's been mentioned before, that their episodes just seemed too plentiful and crammed together sometimes.

I love the CMC. The trio demonstrate a great amount of chemistry with one another, which makes their episodes fun to watch. I'm glad they are dropping the cutie marks gag a little now, it's good to see them doing their antics with different rationales from time to time.

Well heres what i think. The CMC's are up against the mane six, probably one of the most sought out, largest fan base, cartoon characters EVER, (exception of spongebob) that have the most episodes, lines and fandom. The CMC's are just as good at the mane six except they have less episodes. What i think happens is the fans get so hooked and caught up with the mane six, that when there's a CMC episode, the fans are like "Oh can we just get back to the real thing"?

The CMC's are awesome, and some people dislike them but i say,

Posted Image

So, wait, I'm not the only one who dislikes the crusaders? I thought I was some kind of heretic!

Dislike, for me is too strong now. I think "Disprefer" sums up my Guilda-esque shunnage of CCC better.

For me, my chagrin for the three fillies comes down to two things:

1: Cognitive Dissonance: As a new brony, I found it hard enough to convince myself others that I wasn't becoming a pedophile without a bunch of episodes being devoted to especially young ponies. (apparently, I had forgotten how to recognize and appreciate cutie)

there's another reason; that was, and still is, more prominent on my mind:

2. Dammit! Another episode that isn't about Rainbow Dash! :angry:

It's hit and miss with them. I like them as their own characters, when they interact with their family, or are members of a class. They are good supporting characters, and sometimes steal the show in episodes like The Sisterhooves Social. Those are great episodes, which show the value of family and the innocence of their youth.

As the Cutie Mark Crusaders, I don't like them. Put all three of them together and make an episode about them, and it just winds up uninteresting compared to episodes about the mane six. I've said it before, but if My Little Pony were an anime, the Cutie Mark Crusader episodes would be considered filler.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

I always disliked their episodes because I find the trio boring. I don't care much for their whole cutie mark crusade. I'd rather watch the growth of the Mane 6. 

But I DO really like the voice talent of Sweetie Belle and Applebloom. Those VAs do a great job. 

Edited by starrymiss

Although the CMCs are well-liked from my experience, I think the dislike would mostly have to do with people preferring to watch an episode focusing on the Mane 6. I'm a bigger fan of other characters besides the CMCs for sure, but I do usually find the episodes about them to be pretty good.

Is the CMC hate still a thing? If I recall, that was mainly a season 1-2 thing, where all of their episodes revolved around getting cutie marks and they never learned anything. I personally haven't minded them since season 3, and I haven't seen many people complaining about them lately. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

I might be done with my hatred days, but the CMC should be accepted by the fans anyhow! I mean, the CMC worked so hard to get those cutie marks! And their gift is to help the others with their True Talent.

• Brohoof 1